Colt Brennan...

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Is he hurt this week, or do they not want him raping Charleston Southern?

And man oh man.. why has Hawaii scheduled TWO FCS teams this year?? That's going to HURT them very badly when it comes time for bowl season and the committee looks at an undefeated mid-major. Not going to sit well with a lot of selection committee members.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

We sat Brennan because his ankle hurt, he will be able to go next week. Yeah the two FCS teams hurt us but every week our SOS gets stronger. For example we torched UNLV, who torched Utah, who torched #11 UCLA. That is how Boise got in last year, they had those kind of trends get them in (Boise smoked Oregon State who beat USC) Boise's SS has 117th at the beginning of last season, yet they got in. Hawaii's is 112th, and history is repeating itself. We will be fine as long as we do our part. Not to mention Top 25 teams are dropping like flies.

BTW shouldn't this be moved to the other sports forum?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

It could be.... but this forum gets a lot more reads than the other one does. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:It could be.... but this forum gets a lot more reads than the other one does. :)
Reminds me of the football forum on Sports Hawaii. lol
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:We sat Brennan because his ankle hurt, he will be able to go next week. Yeah the two FCS teams hurt us but every week our SOS gets stronger. For example we torched UNLV, who torched Utah, who torched #11 UCLA. That is how Boise got in last year, they had those kind of trends get them in (Boise smoked Oregon State who beat USC) Boise's SS has 117th at the beginning of last season, yet they got in. Hawaii's is 112th, and history is repeating itself. We will be fine as long as we do our part. Not to mention Top 25 teams are dropping like flies.

Yeah what he said, lol. To add to that our original '07 schedule had Michigan State on it but they chicked out because they didnt' want to get their arses handed to them like when we beat them in '04. That's what messed everything up. Our AD tried to replace them w/ teams like Michigan (in the Big House) but they declined. I wonder why... Anyways, we had no notions of playing 2 FCS teams. IMO, Hawaii is still an underrated team that can beat any team in the country. If we run the table, we'll be playing in a January Bowl! 8-) Colt Brennan is the real deal folks. If none of you have and an opportunity to watch him play, you're missing out big time.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:We sat Brennan because his ankle hurt, he will be able to go next week. Yeah the two FCS teams hurt us but every week our SOS gets stronger. For example we torched UNLV, who torched Utah, who torched #11 UCLA. That is how Boise got in last year, they had those kind of trends get them in (Boise smoked Oregon State who beat USC) Boise's SS has 117th at the beginning of last season, yet they got in. Hawaii's is 112th, and history is repeating itself. We will be fine as long as we do our part. Not to mention Top 25 teams are dropping like flies.

Yeah what he said, lol. To add to that our original '07 schedule had Michigan State on it but they chicked out because they didnt' want to get their arses handed to them like when we beat them in '04. That's what messed everything up. Our AD tried to replace them w/ teams like Michigan (in the Big House) but they declined. I wonder why... Anyways, we had no notions of playing 2 FCS teams. IMO, Hawaii is still an underrated team that can beat any team in the country. If we run the table, we'll be playing in a January Bowl! 8-) Colt Brennan is the real deal folks. If none of you have and an opportunity to watch him play, you're missing out big time.
\

Us Wyoming fans have 4 opportunties to see Brennan in action this year.

Oct. 12: Hawaii @ San Jose State, ESPN, 6:00 P.M. MST
Nov. 16: Hawaii @ Nevada, ESPN2, 9:00 P.M. MST
Nov. 23: Boise State @ Hawaii, ESPN2, 7:00 P.M. MST
Dec. 1: Washington @ Hawaii, ESPN OR ESPN2, kickoff time to be announced
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

in response to j-rod's scheduling..if your gonna look at it about unlv beating utah who beat UCLA...
you have to also look at it like this.. Air Force beat Utah, then lost to BYU (who lost to UCLA).. which pretty much takes you to square one. What, r you going to think you deserve a shot at the national championship if ucla somehow beats USC?? no. thats dumb
I love your QB, but ur schedule is too weak...but hey if the top 25 keeps changing you never know, maybe BCS if you guys can stay undefeated (barring a win against washington)
Honestly, I'm a die-hard bears fan and I pray that we draft a QB next year of Brennan's caliber or even the likes of Ryan from BC and Woodson of Kentucky. I've been supportive of grossman for a while, but its time ''Wrecks" needs to ride the bench..
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Is Brennen the real deal J-rod or is it just the offense style and weak scheduling that helps UH QBs rack up crazy stats. Remember Timmy Chang? Only QB in NCAA history to pass for 17,000 yards. where is he now? no one knows
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyopokesfan23 wrote:Is Brennen the real deal J-rod or is it just the offense style and weak scheduling that helps UH QBs rack up crazy stats. Remember Timmy Chang? Only QB in NCAA history to pass for 17,000 yards. where is he now? no one knows
Probably a little of both.

As for Chang, he's with Hamilton Tiger-cats up in Canada. His numbers aren't the greatest there though.

Speaking of Canada, I wonder how Sean Fleming, our kicker from the late 1980s, is doing up there?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

A system cannot determine ones completion percentage, which is a staggering 79% for Brennan. The fact that he throws so many balls yet has a higher completion percentage then everyone else is awesome. Chang was a system QB, Brennan is not.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:A system cannot determine ones completion percentage, which is a staggering 79% for Brennan. The fact that he throws so many balls yet has a higher completion percentage then everyone else is awesome. Chang was a system QB, Brennan is not.
Exactly. Colt Brennan is by far the best player in the country. Anothe amazing thing about Colt is that he hardly throws INT's. The ball is in the air a lot and hardly to the other guys. Timmy Chang was a good player but he was a product of JJ's system. JJ's offense is actually knew to Colt. Before he came to Hawaii, he played in prototypical pro style offenses. Colt will have a great career in the NFL! He'll be coming back to Honolulu to play in the pro bowl a lot!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

uhwarrior23 wrote:Exactly. Colt Brennan is by far the best player in the country. Anothe amazing thing about Colt is that he hardly throws INT's. The ball is in the air a lot and hardly to the other guys. Timmy Chang was a good player but he was a product of JJ's system. JJ's offense is actually knew to Colt. Before he came to Hawaii, he played in prototypical pro style offenses. Colt will have a great career in the NFL! He'll be coming back to Honolulu to play in the pro bowl a lot!
You guys are really high on Colt, but high completion percentage and a ton of touchdowns/passing yards isn't what scouts look at. They also factor in smarts, height, and arm strength. I haven't seen Brennan play, what's his downfield arm strength and accuracy like? How mobile is he? In a way, I think the system can account for his high completion percentage.. if you're spreading out 4-5 WRs every play, with a dump-off guy, chances of hitting a similar uniform are pretty good. Especially if Hawaii is loaded with talented receivers that will go for the ball. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:Exactly. Colt Brennan is by far the best player in the country. Anothe amazing thing about Colt is that he hardly throws INT's. The ball is in the air a lot and hardly to the other guys. Timmy Chang was a good player but he was a product of JJ's system. JJ's offense is actually knew to Colt. Before he came to Hawaii, he played in prototypical pro style offenses. Colt will have a great career in the NFL! He'll be coming back to Honolulu to play in the pro bowl a lot!
You guys are really high on Colt, but high completion percentage and a ton of touchdowns/passing yards isn't what scouts look at. They also factor in smarts, height, and arm strength. I haven't seen Brennan play, what's his downfield arm strength and accuracy like? How mobile is he? In a way, I think the system can account for his high completion percentage.. if you're spreading out 4-5 WRs every play, with a dump-off guy, chances of hitting a similar uniform are pretty good. Especially if Hawaii is loaded with talented receivers that will go for the ball. :twocents:
You need to watch him on either ESPN or ESPN2 this year. 4 games will be televised one of those two channels.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
He also had the highest QB Rating of any QB in the history of CFB.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
And the list goes on and on...
Like I already pointed out, if you haven't seen Colt play, Hawaii will be on ESPN and ESPN2 a lot down the stretch. Not only do we have the best QB/player in the country, we have an underrated squad as well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
And the list goes on and on...
Like I already pointed out, if you haven't seen Colt play, Hawaii will be on ESPN and ESPN2 a lot down the stretch. Not only do we have the best QB/player in the country, we have an underrated squad as well.

I even provided a schedule of when Hawaii will play on national t.v. earlier in this thread.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:I even provided a schedule of when Hawaii will play on national t.v. earlier in this thread.
I noticed. Thanks. :) Also, we're on ESPN gameplan this week.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I even provided a schedule of when Hawaii will play on national t.v. earlier in this thread.
Yeah. But, it;s against piss-poor Idaho.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Sadly and it's in the kibble and bits arena. 5,000 people must be the building limit in that place. :roll:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Sadly and it's in the kibble and bits arena. 5,000 people must be the building limit in that place. :roll:
LOL