Landmark...jeezus

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I was one of several thousand Poke fans that made the trek to Laramie on Sunday. We were treated to a Cowboy win with over 8000 empty seats looking on with us. We bought tickets in F2...yep, upper deck in the cheap seats so our kids wouldn't bother the padded seats in the lower bowl. We sat in those seats dutifully...with 13 other people in the entire section. We never attempted to move down into the yellow padded wonderment of Section F.

The Landmark gang was good enough to show us to our seats when we first entered the AA. They saw us sit down and even smiled at us in our seats several times, noting that we were in our proper place. I understood them asking to see our tickets once...and maybe even the second time...but the 8th time? Really? They saw us sitting in our seats. They watched us go back and forth to them 8 times...yet were adamant that they looked at our tickets every time we went back to our F2 seats. Is that really necessary? Also, on the 7th time, was it really necessary to be so fargin' nasty when I kindly asked why they needed to see my ticket again?

No wonder no one is showing up to games. If Shyatt wants us to show, he might send a note to his boss to have Landmark and security lighten up. It isn't much fun at the AA any more...especially for the students by the way. They are under a microscope...holy crap, let the kids raise some hell. And for the blue hairs and sensitive Sallies that call themselves Poke fans in the stands...I hear Landmark is looking for some help...at least let us have fun after we have shown our ticket for the 100th time.
soccerhead15
Buckaroo

LawPoke wrote:I was one of several thousand Poke fans that made the trek to Laramie on Sunday. We were treated to a Cowboy win with over 8000 empty seats looking on with us. We bought tickets in F2...yep, upper deck in the cheap seats so our kids wouldn't bother the padded seats in the lower bowl. We sat in those seats dutifully...with 13 other people in the entire section. We never attempted to move down into the yellow padded wonderment of Section F.

The Landmark gang was good enough to show us to our seats when we first entered the AA. They saw us sit down and even smiled at us in our seats several times, noting that we were in our proper place. I understood them asking to see our tickets once...and maybe even the second time...but the 8th time? Really? They saw us sitting in our seats. They watched us go back and forth to them 8 times...yet were adamant that they looked at our tickets every time we went back to our F2 seats. Is that really necessary? Also, on the 7th time, was it really necessary to be so fargin' nasty when I kindly asked why they needed to see my ticket again?

No wonder no one is showing up to games. If Shyatt wants us to show, he might send a note to his boss to have Landmark and security lighten up. It isn't much fun at the AA any more...especially for the students by the way. They are under a microscope...holy crap, let the kids raise some hell. And for the blue hairs and sensitive Sallies that call themselves Poke fans in the stands...I hear Landmark is looking for some help...at least let us have fun after we have shown our ticket for the 100th time.
Having sat in the student section down behind the basket for a good majority of the season so far i have yet to see landmark hassle the students. there have been times where i thought they would with the things that the students were saying but they didn't. maybe i'm wrong but it seems that they have actually lightened up a bit on the students.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

soccerhead15 wrote:Having sat in the student section down behind the basket for a good majority of the season so far i have yet to see landmark hassle the students. there have been times where i thought they would with the things that the students were saying but they didn't. maybe i'm wrong but it seems that they have actually lightened up a bit on the students.
I haven't seen a lot of Landmark hassling the students either.

But riddle me this: Why is Landmark letting people that are obviously not students sit in the student section(s)? Looked like romper room down there the last couple of games. If they are going to enforce seating - then enforce seating, but be consistent, fair, and respectable. Some of the Landmark folks should in no way be dealing with the public, nor be allowed to represent anything UW.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

conference season it's really gonna be interesting, man oh man these goons continue to never cease to amaze me, let us have fun and let's let the Dome of Doom take shape!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LawPoke wrote:The Landmark gang was good enough to show us to our seats when we first entered the AA. They saw us sit down and even smiled at us in our seats several times, noting that we were in our proper place. I understood them asking to see our tickets once...and maybe even the second time...but the 8th time? Really? They saw us sitting in our seats. They watched us go back and forth to them 8 times...yet were adamant that they looked at our tickets every time we went back to our F2 seats. Is that really necessary? Also, on the 7th time, was it really necessary to be so fargin' nasty when I kindly asked why they needed to see my ticket again?
How many different people checked your ticket? If it was different people, maybe they didn't see you walk in the first time?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
LawPoke wrote:The Landmark gang was good enough to show us to our seats when we first entered the AA. They saw us sit down and even smiled at us in our seats several times, noting that we were in our proper place. I understood them asking to see our tickets once...and maybe even the second time...but the 8th time? Really? They saw us sitting in our seats. They watched us go back and forth to them 8 times...yet were adamant that they looked at our tickets every time we went back to our F2 seats. Is that really necessary? Also, on the 7th time, was it really necessary to be so fargin' nasty when I kindly asked why they needed to see my ticket again?
How many different people checked your ticket? If it was different people, maybe they didn't see you walk in the first time?
I worked there for a couple years (10 years ago, but still). Unless it's a huge crowd of 10,000+, you should be able to see everyone in your section. Granted, back when I worked there, if someone was stationed at an entrance, they stayed there other than to go to the restroom. Also, we didn't ask to see tickets unless the person looked lost. Otherwise, we let them be. We were there to help people find their seats (and in my case, I kicked non Wyoming fans out of the student section, which is where I was usually put at). The only real things we had to keep an eye on, other than helping people find their seats, was making sure people didn't set food/drinks on top of the entrance ways (tendency to fall off), make sure people weren't sitting on the steps blocking the way, and making sure non-handicapped people did not sit in the areas reserved for handicapped people and those with them.

Truth be told, I often joined in with the student chants back then...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
Christ you'll defend anything. You're on here defending these goons without to my knowledge ever attending a game at the AA? The OP is clearly talking about the same people at the same portal. They don't change portals during a game. They work the same portal the whole game, which makes it even more ridiculous. My seats are the first row of old chairs right next to the landmark staff, so not only do they check my ticket when I walk in, I am then sitting right next to them the whole game, yet they still ask for the ticket.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I have season tickets in the knothole. The daily douche asks to see my ticket every time. Every time I've told him nah I'll just go to my seat. They never bat an eye, totally passive and let me go. Since I sit above a portal, I have to yell at him once a game to get out of the freakin line of sight.

Speaking of the students, there are a few that get into the spirit and go after the opposing team, but it has been pretty bad so far this year. Student attendance outside of the Colorado game has be atrocious. The team is 9-2! I hope they start to show up for conference. I blame legal Colorado weed.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

elfletcho wrote:I have season tickets in the knothole. The daily douche asks to see my ticket every time. Every time I've told him nah I'll just go to my seat. They never bat an eye, totally passive and let me go. Since I sit above a portal, I have to yell at him once a game to get out of the freakin line of sight.

Speaking of the students, there are a few that get into the spirit and go after the opposing team, but it has been pretty bad so far this year. Student attendance outside of the Colorado game has be atrocious. The team is 9-2! I hope they start to show up for conference. I blame legal Colorado weed.
In that there isn't enough of it in Laramie?? :whistle: ;)
soccerhead15
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
soccerhead15 wrote:Having sat in the student section down behind the basket for a good majority of the season so far i have yet to see landmark hassle the students. there have been times where i thought they would with the things that the students were saying but they didn't. maybe i'm wrong but it seems that they have actually lightened up a bit on the students.
I haven't seen a lot of Landmark hassling the students either.

But riddle me this: Why is Landmark letting people that are obviously not students sit in the student section(s)? Looked like romper room down there the last couple of games. If they are going to enforce seating - then enforce seating, but be consistent, fair, and respectable. Some of the Landmark folks should in no way be dealing with the public, nor be allowed to represent anything UW.
You know i was wondering that same thing. It seems like at the guys games they are not checking ids to go down behind the basket but they have at the few girls games which makes no sense. They didn't even let people with student guest tickets down there for the game. I am not sure what is worse only a few students sitting down there or a assortment of people that clearly are not students.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
It was the same guy, every, stinkin' time. EVERY. STINKIN'. EIGHT. TIMES.

Similar to one of the other posters...the last time, I just generally acknowledged him and walked to my seat.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:Christ you'll defend anything. You're on here defending these goons without to my knowledge ever attending a game at the AA?
I'm not defending anyone. All I did was ask a question.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

We sit right over a portal. The kid checked everyone every single time they came in. Even small kids. I literally got in his face over it. We even talked to his "boss". He said we need to talk to the ticket office because its handed down from above. I have forgotten to call but I will tomorrow. It was poop. It felt like Nazi's asking to see our papers.
pcwyo
Buckaroo

Apologize for the length of this.
I too am sorry to see the new policy. I sent off an email this morning:

To the Athletic Director, Ticket Office, and Marketing:

I really think UW needs to re-think it's new policy of checking tickets at basketball games. I'm assuming a few season ticket holders have complained because they have found someone sitting in their seat. Really - is it so difficult to ask someone to move? I doubt a person in a wrong seat would make a fuss over having to move. I have tickets in the lower bowl and I certainly would prefer to have people around us, even if they don't "belong" there, cheering on the Pokes, than empty seats.

Or perhaps it's ticket holders who don't feel the rabble deserve to be able to come down to the lower level that they've paid for with their required CJC donation. I certainly don't feel that way.

My wife and I hold two season tickets. Occasionally we have wanted to bring our daughter to the game, and in past years it hasn't been a problem because we have had an empty seat next to us 75% of the time or more. Now, is she being forced to sit by herself in the upper level, even though there are a ton of empty seats around us? She is home right now on semester break from her first year in college and might like to see a game or two while she's here (a very low attendance period with even more empty seats, by the way), but we don't want to have to fight UW to be able to sit together.

Finally, is the athletic department ever going to ask people's opinions on the re-seating process, or are you afraid of what you're going to hear? That's a whole other dissatisfaction issue with us.

Really, if there is question about the low support for a winning basketball team, perhaps someone needs to step back and look at fan experiences right now. I feel much of what we're seeing is a direct result of policies that have been and are in effect.

And received this response:

Thank you for your feedback and longtime support. It’s necessary for us to check tickets as the Arena Auditorium is reserved seating, not general admission, and the price is not the same for each seat. For example, it wouldn’t be fair for someone to purchase a Knothole ticket for $9 and sit in a seat someone else has paid up to $480 for (season ticket + per-seat donation). If a fan purchases a particular seat, they should be able to sit there without the burden of having to ask others to move.

Regarding your daughter attending games with you and your wife, please just let us know, we’re always happy to help with your tickets. Feel free to stop by the ticket office and we can get your seats switched around so all three will be together. You can do this in advance, or right at the game.

We’re always very open to feedback from fans. We have received specific feedback related to the re-seat and will work to continue to improve the fan experience for everyone that attends our games. We’ve even created a Fan Experience Board (http://www.gowyo.com/wyoway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and had our first meeting just a couple weeks ago. If there is anything you would like to discuss, please feel free to give me a call at my direct line below or you are welcome to stop by any time.

Here is my reply:

Thanks for your quick response. However, it only verifies my dissatisfaction. As someone who is paying that amount you talk about I don't care if those not paying it come down to sit around me to occupy those seats of people who choose not to attend if it helps the general atmosphere at the game. And to tell me that we have to relocate to poorer seats so that my daughter can sit with us is obscene, when there is already an adjacent empty seat.
PokeFan1980
Buckaroo

PCwyo, Appreciate you posting the dept's reply. In regards to your reply, I don't see where they were going to put you in poorer seats?

This becomes a non-issue if people actually use their seats. As far as enforcement goes... Go to a Rockies game, you cant sit in row 1 of the 3rd baseline if your seats are in the upper deck. Same thing for most div 1 teams.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

I was planning on taking my elderly parents to the New Year's Eve UNLV game. They want to see how the remodeled AA looks. However, if we're going to be hassled every time we go to the restroom or to get a dog. We may need to rethink those plans. I understand checking tickets to the reserved season ticket areas. But why is there a need to check a ticket every time someone returns to their "cheap" seat? Makes no sense.
soccerhead15
Buckaroo

PokeFan1980 wrote:PCwyo, Appreciate you posting the dept's reply. In regards to your reply, I don't see where they were going to put you in poorer seats?

This becomes a non-issue if people actually use their seats. As far as enforcement goes... Go to a Rockies game, you cant sit in row 1 of the 3rd baseline if your seats are in the upper deck. Same thing for most div 1 teams.
i completely agree, it so weird that people are complaining that they can't sit down low when they don't have a ticket down low. I do agree with the argument that the ticket checkers should learn to recognize that someone as clearly shown their ticket before and that they don't need to check again.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it's turning into Fort Knox, come on ticket checkers, remember your people, that's all we're asking. It's kinda taken away from the fun atmosphere the AA used to be, as for that letter...blah, blah, blah...lol
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:it's turning into Fort Knox, come on ticket checkers, remember your people, that's all we're asking. It's kinda taken away from the fun atmosphere the AA used to be, as for that letter...blah, blah, blah...lol
If the ticket checkers are taking away from the fun you're having, then it seems to me you were actively looking for a way to not have fun.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

I think that people are WAY too whiney about this, but at the same time, I don't necessarily think that UW needs to offer various priced tickets. Charge one price, perhaps determined by the attractiveness of the opponent. Then ticket checkers will only need to be on their game when a decent crowd is expected. When the basketball team gets rolling and large crowds are expected on a more regular basis, they can move toward dynamic ticket pricing. Or just offer lower priced tickets as a promotion for games where they're expecting something like 7,000-9,000. Not quite a sellout, but it might fill a few more seats.

The purchase of season tickets gets you the satisfaction that you're supporting the program, as well as a guaranteed decent seat for potential high demand games down the line. That's it. You're already getting a discounted price per ticket for buying the whole season.

As for the person that wants their daughter to sit with them, 1) you and your wife pass the ticket checkers and go to your seat, 2) your wife takes both ticket stubs back up the stairs to "go to the bathroom" while you stay in your seat, and 3) your wife meets your daughter in the concourse, gives her your ticket stub, and passes the ticket checkers with ease. You're all sitting together, and nobody at Wyoming probably cares all that much about you slightly gaming the system in this regard.