Eric Turner decommits,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

That sucks. I really like him.

https://twitter.com/MrPrimetime2335?ori ... tweetembed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Bad timing. Too late to get involved with a high level prospect looking to sign in the fall.

Shyatt will have to land an impact wing in the spring signing period. Will be difficult, although if the Pokes put together the type of season I think they are capable of the program might be more attractive in March than it is today. Might be able to attract a 5th year transfer in the spring with to pair with Josh Adams in 15-16. Will be able to sell playing time (with 4 senior starters graduating) on a program that should be coming off a quality season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

i look at it as, yes, Laramie is a tough place to get used to especially in Dec-March, and coming from Florida one really can't blame the kid. He says he hasn't ruled us out, but I think it's time to move on get someone that truly wants to be here and fits in better. Special things a brewing upcoming I can feel it
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 611 times
Been liked: 245 times

Crap, this sucks. Not good timing at all, but it's better than him quitting half way through next year. You're missing out on something special, Eric! Still time to reconsider.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Crap, this sucks. Not good timing at all, but it's better than him quitting half way through next year. You're missing out on something special, Eric! Still time to reconsider.
He doesn't need to be here if "has to reconsider." You're either a cowboy or you're not. Shyatt will fill his scholarship with some who KNOWS he wants to be here.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Crap, this sucks. Not good timing at all, but it's better than him quitting half way through next year. You're missing out on something special, Eric! Still time to reconsider.
He doesn't need to be here if "has to reconsider." You're either a cowboy or you're not. Shyatt will fill his scholarship with some who KNOWS he wants to be here.

yeah my thoughts myself, it's better to hear it now, rather than have him and have him transfer sooner than later
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

Well that sucks.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Screw him. Turner, DON'T reconsider. Stay away
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

No one knows why he decommited besides the coaches and himself. Maybe he has a sick immediate family member and wants to stay close by. I wouldn't say screw him just yet. There could be a very good reason for his decommit.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Read his tweets. He doesn't sound like he is ready for anything serious for a few years. I think he would be a problem.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, that last tweet that he's opened up his recruitment to anyone that's interested in him tells me a couple of things:

1. Someone is in his hear bad mouthing Wyoming.
2. He really thinks he can find a better situation than Wyoming. I saw that he posted he was going to win Florida Mr. Basketball, so maybe he thinks he'll get a bigger offer from someone else if he's patient.

He would still be an excellent get for Wyoming if the staff can pull it off. If not, I'm extremely confident that we'll find an equally good option.

The fifth year transfer option is interesting. If we go that route, we'll add another scholarship to fill in 2016 and the Colorado 2016 class looks very good right now.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Laramie isn't for everybody, when i was in school talking to those bball players, lots of them said it truly was an adjustment in life and other things, but after a couple years it grew on them and they always can't wait to come back for visits, (ie Theo Ratliff, Reggie Slater), still good friends with them to this day. Again it's not for everyone but if they give it time and their best the sky's the limit. I know if i went to Houston or Alabama or anywhere I'd have to adjust myself, same thing as when I moved to Arizona, took me awhile to adjust, to me summer was meant to be outside not jumping from AC to AC and no snow at Christmas etc....it's all in what you are used to that's for sure
Arizona nice place to visit but life wasn't meant to live in the desert, (that's just me talking, lol), i did have fun, but Wyo kept calling my name and i came back(twice) LOL
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

stymeman wrote:Laramie isn't for everybody, when i was in school talking to those bball players, lots of them said it truly was an adjustment in life and other things, but after a couple years it grew on them and they always can't wait to come back for visits, (ie Theo Ratliff, Reggie Slater), still good friends with them to this day. Again it's not for everyone but if they give it time and their best the sky's the limit. I know if i went to Houston or Alabama or anywhere I'd have to adjust myself, same thing as when I moved to Arizona, took me awhile to adjust, to me summer was meant to be outside not jumping from AC to AC and no snow at Christmas etc....it's all in what you are used to that's for sure
Arizona nice place to visit but life wasn't meant to live in the desert, (that's just me talking, lol), i did have fun, but Wyo kept calling my name and i came back(twice) LOL
Good points, good post.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I know if I was a basketball prospect and had high hopes for my senior year I wouldn't sign until the spring. If thi skid thinks he is going to blow up this season and maybe UF or FSU are going to come calling, then it is smart to wait and see. And if a large school closer to home comes in and picks him up then the more power to him. If they don't then depending on what we do he can still sign with us. I'm sure the coaches are in close contact with him and will have a good grasp on what he is thinking. I for one am not writing him off yet and hope we can get him recommitted.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:I for one am not writing him off yet and hope we can get him recommitted.
I don't know...

I look at it like a having a girlfriend - wife / relationship. If she bails, time to move on, as it will rarely, very rarely, ever work out a second time. Of course there are exceptions, but I don't know any!
Dear Karma,

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
TSpoke wrote:I for one am not writing him off yet and hope we can get him recommitted.
I don't know...

I look at it like a having a girlfriend - wife / relationship. If she bails, time to move on, as it will rarely, very rarely, ever work out a second time. Of course there are exceptions, but I don't know any!
I don't really think that analogy is the same though for this situation. NOt like he quit on us. We are in no different situation than if he had never commited to us. If he said in the summer that he was going to wait longer till maybe spring to commit we would still be hoping to see him on our team and hoping we end up signing him. Now the logistics where we might find someone else before he is willing to sign could come up.

Maybe a better analogy would be we just started dating then broke up. I've known many people who dated/kooked up on and off through school and ended up together.

I guess I can't fault a guy for taking another look and seeing what else is out there and deciding to do what s best for him. If that leads him back to us then great and I would welcome him with open arms, if not we have other options.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I get that the kid might want to reconsider.

What I don't get is the Wyo fans acting like he isn't worth our time.

Some Wyo fans would act like we are in a better spot without LeBron James on our team if LeBron said he didn't like Laramie or the state of Wyo. The "he isn't cowboy tough/we don't need him anyways/good luck somewhere else" comments would start coming.

The scoreboard doesn't give two craps about "Cowboy Tough". I want the talent at Wyo. I don't care if they fit some fans mold of Cowboy Tough.

It's almost 2015. Being Cowboy Tough in basketball doesn't get you wins. Getting kids who are being recruited by several programs, winning awards, and becoming top recruits wins you games.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:What I don't get is the Wyo fans acting like he isn't worth our time.

Some Wyo fans would act like we are in a better spot without LeBron James on our team if LeBron said he didn't like Laramie or the state of Wyo. The "he isn't cowboy tough/we don't need him anyways/good luck somewhere else" comments would start coming.
It comes from having a long history of being a Wyoming Cowboy fan. It comes from having a huge chip on our shoulders. It comes from having an immense amount of pride in everything Wyoming.

True story for you here Beaver:

I was floating around in a lazy river in Las Vegas in the summer of 2013. Happy as a clam, cold beer in my hand, UW steamboat hat on to keep the head from burning, wife by my side, life was great. Floating behind us was a similarly aged couple. When I made eye contact, they guy states, "hey, we are from Colorado, I see you must be from Wyoming" (I wear Wyoming poop everywhere BTW). I replied you bet! He then stated, "I know of no other state, that wears Wyoming with such pride, like people from Wyoming do. I think that is so cool, you all have so much pride in where you live, and support it through thick and thin."

It hit me. He is spot on. I love Wyoming. And will defend Wyoming (and that includes some kid - athlete that may think it sucks) no matter what the case is. Even though I bitch about it myself, I think I am entitled to! ;)
Dear Karma,

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

I think a lot of us wear tons of Wyoming gear. Hell, it's half my wardrobe. Even got a "powder River let er Buck" at the airport in Boston from some guy
W-Y, Until I Die!