***Hawai'i Warriors Thread***

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

J-Rod wrote:We will want redemption from that sugar bowl game. I'm hoping we can stay within 20 points of them.
If you do stay within 20, be glad!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

So Colt's arm strength is a question at the senior bowl. Joe Flacco is being named the top QB at the senior bowl. Thought?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Thats funny, from what I've read Colt throws the deep ball better then anyone at the Senior Bowl. His weight is the concern. Colt will be starting for the South in the Senior Bowl.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Weird. I was reading this on SI.com today. Everyone was blown away by Flacco, good reports on Henne, they worried about Colt's arm strength, and the Kentucky QB can't hit the broad side of a barn.. and has a weak arm. Colt I'm sure will be fine, but he's being projected as a 2nd day QB.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Talk around town is that UH will get Deryn Bowser and Chris McClover, two 5-Star WRs, and these guys are huge!!!! Both 6-5 with 4.4 speed.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Warriors get a Commit from WR Michael Tinoco
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/mike-tinoco/4246130/

Also Brent Rausch will commit soon, this guy is the real deal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUxg9c-1dU
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ROFL!!!!

The scout.com star system is a joke!!!! Kevin Craft went from a 1-Star prospect to a 5-Star prospect in ONE NIGHT!!!!! :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

J-Rod wrote:ROFL!!!!

The scout.com star system is a joke!!!! Kevin Craft went from a 1-Star prospect to a 5-Star prospect in ONE NIGHT!!!!! :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What else is new? This is why I never follow recruiting news.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Warriors land 6 Elite Athletes

QB Brent Rausch - Colt Brennan take 2, but bigger and faster, 6-5 190 Lbs, 4.5 speed.
WR Dustin Blount - 3-Star WR, projected SB(Replacement for Bess)
WR Jovonte Taylor - 3-Star WR, Fastest trackster in California, Can't go wrong with a guy named Jovonte :D
WR Craig Bell - 6-1 WR
WR Ryan Henry - Another SB with 4.3 Speed.
OL Kainoa LaCount - 6-7 Lineman.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Warriors land 4-Star QB Greg Alexander at the last moment, Alexander is the 18th best QB in the class of 2008.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Not a bad pickup for the Warriors with that QB.. so two new ones?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yep, both are very different in styles, Alexander is the poor mans Tim Tebow but with a better arm and Rausch looks like Brennan all over again.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

So Brennan's not getting rave reviews pre-Combine.. what's the status of his draft stock?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:So Brennan's not getting rave reviews pre-Combine.. what's the status of his draft stock?
Not great, it seems some don't like his attitude(Can't explain why) and some say he is a "whiner" depends who you talk to though. When it comes to on the field play, Brennan's arm blows everyone else's away.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Warriors are going to be a very dangerous team next year....thats all I'll say for now.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Spring ball is going well for the Warriors so far. Coach Mack is doing a wonderful job. We have tremendous depth at pretty much every position. We have a bunch of very good, experienced recruits coming in the summer and fall, which will make competition that much more solid. Right now we have two QB's that are battling for taking Colt's spot. Tyler Graunke and Inoke Funaki are listed as the Co. #1 QB's headed into the final week of practice. Our Spring game (the Warrior Bowl) in this Saturday and we should learn a lot. Personally, I think Tyler Graunke is the better of the two and ultimately will be the top guy headed into fall ball. The competition will get much more heated come this summer when top JC QB transfers Brett Rauch (6'5" 215lbs) and Greg Alexander (6'5" 240lbs, 4.6 40) land in Honolulu.
The offense will continue to be one of the tops in the country. We'll continue w/ the 4 wide offense but we'll go under center and run it more. We have one of the best player that nobody knows about in the country. That is RB Leon Wright-Jackson (6'2" 215lbs, 4.3 40.) Right now, he's the best RB in the WAC and nobody knows about him. He'll go off.
As for the defense, we're as solid as we've ever been on this side of the ball. WE lost a bunch of players but there are a bunch of players that have been waiting in the wings and are poised to breakout. We have 2 transfer DB's (CB Jameel Dowling- Oregon, SS Mana Silva- Oregon State) that could be in the starting lineup for the Warriors come opening day @Florida. We have the best returning front 7 in the WAC and one of the best core of LB's in the country (OLB Blaze Soares, ILB Solomon Elimimian and Adam Leonard.)
I don't think this team will go 12-1 but talent wise, this could be the best Warrior team ever. Playing tough road games @Florida, Oregon State, Boise State and Fresno State will only bode well for the future. The Warriors also play tough home games against Nevada, Cincinnati and Washington State.
Can't wait for Football Season. August can't come soon enough.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Colt Brennan is doing well. Of course all the media nerds are ripping on him for no particular reason. The bottom line is he's the best QB in the draft whether he goes in the 4th or 7th round. He did what he needed to do during the off-season. He put on over 20 lbs and now weights 218 pound on his 6'3" frame. With more weight on him, his durability issues are no more and he also has improved his arm strength. Those two things were his only weaknessed headed into the draft. He's by far the most accurate QB in this class. He can make all of the throws, he's more mobile than he's been given credit for and he has all the intangibles (he's a great leader, competitor and hard worker.) Some team is going to get the steal of the draft when the draft this kid!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Leon might have to carry the team for awhile while the rest of the offense grows. I'm hoping Alexander starts at QB, his stats in JC blow away Colt Brennans, hopefully he can come in and secure it early.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Leon might have to carry the team for awhile while the rest of the offense grows. I'm hoping Alexander starts at QB, his stats in JC blow away Colt Brennans, hopefully he can come in and secure it early.
Can't disagree w/ that. Leon has the ability to carry a team either way. He will get his share of carries, yards and TD's in '08
As for Greg Alexander, if he beats out Tyler in the fall, he truly is the real deal. Tyler has been here forever and has earned the right to start. He proved he can lead us to victories in clutch situations in hostile enviroments. I'm confident that whoever the QB is, the offense will be in good shape.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Warrior basketball team has landed the biggest prospect in school history! 1st Team All-American Roderick Flemings(6-7 215lb) has picked UH over Kentucky!