Shyatt retirement rumors...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

Interesting. I wonder what the other presser is about? Is Burman gone, too?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Que Sera, Sera
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Interesting. I wonder what the other presser is about? Is Burman gone, too?
Gawd, I wish but Burman will still be our AD. :roll: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

You guys are delusional if you're underestimating the delusion of the BOT... Burman's job won't be in jeopardy unless Bohl and new basketball coach both eventually get canned.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I'll just say that I will be very disappointed if Shyatt decides to retire now, as I believe he still has more to give the program. That said, two things:

1. I believe college coaches should adhere to the "campsite rule" - leave the place better than it was when you found it. By that measure, Shyatt has unquestionably been a successful coach at Wyoming. The program is in much better shape than it was than when he was hired. The Schroyer era left a toxic stink on the program, and I'm not just talking Ws and Ls. The whole culture was bad. Shyatt has brought in an excellent staff, stabilized recruiting, and gotten players to buy into the program. We are in a much better place going forward than we've been in quite a while.

2. I am all in on the Allen Edwards era, if he's the hire. He was a candidate for some pretty good jobs last off-season, he's got loads of experience as an assistant, it would appear that he carries the heaviest load in terms of scouting opposition and gameplanning on the staff now, the players love him, and he's got championship pedigree (with connections to loads of guys who had NBA careers). If the rumors that the contract negotiations last off-season were about the succession plan and security for assistants are true and Edwards is the heir-apparent, consider me in favor.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

I think I am happy with the direction the program is going in and I think everyone else on this board will be soon too.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Interesting. I wonder what the other presser is about? Is Burman gone, too?
LOL. I know. I heard (not a great source) that 1 is Shyatt retirement and other is new coach introduction.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LOL. I know. I heard (not a great source) that 1 is Shyatt retirement and other is new coach introduction.
Is that even possible?? As a state job, doesn't the position have to be posted for a set time limit before it can be officially given to someone?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Is that even possible?? As a state job, doesn't the position have to be posted for a set time limit before it can be officially given to someone?
It depends on the job, I think. Maybe an interim position and Burman conference about coaching selection? Just mainly heard the second is about the coaching situation.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

seattlecowboy wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
If this is true....keep Allen Edwards on as head coach. He is a young up and comer and hopefully wouldn't miss a beat on the recruiting front.
Your wish is granted.
Yeah. This is why Shyatt negotiated for the assistants last year because he knew this was coming.

Allen Edwards is your new Head basketball coach.
Apparently word gets out quick.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 12 times

This would be surprising. I can see him retiring but can't see him taking another job
https://twitter.com/macradee/status/711998294910566400 Edit: She deleted the Tweet, but Macradee (Denver Fox Reporter and Wyo Alum) said Shyatt is taking an assistant NBA job.
Last edited by 303cowboy on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Good-bye Poppa and welcome to the helm Allen Edwards. ;-)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

Shyatt is a big loss to the program, but he will be an interesting radio/television commentator.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

If he is done I hope we don't have a bunch of players leave the program. That seems to happen when a coach leaves.
God is a Cowboy
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

nirv117 wrote:If he is done I hope we don't have a bunch of players leave the program. That seems to happen when a coach leaves.

That is why they are hiring Edwards as coach so there won't be a bunch of players taking off or as many as there would have been if they tried to hire outside.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

That is why they are hiring Edwards as coach so there won't be a bunch of players taking off or as many as there would have been if they tried to hire outside.
That would be one reason...the continuity stuff.

But the other reason is that if you have someone you think is D1 head coach material who is already in your program and fully committed to UW/Laramie, even understanding the challenges, then you don't screw around. You pull the trigger.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Slow Hand wrote:Good-bye Poppa and welcome to the helm Allen Edwards. ;-)
People don't like to listen when you say something important.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

SnowyRange wrote:
That would be one reason...the continuity stuff.

But the other reason is that if you have someone you think is D1 head coach material who is already in your program and fully committed to UW/Laramie, even understanding the challenges, then you don't screw around. You pull the trigger.
Exactly. I agree. I was just pointing out one of the reasons he was being hired but there was more to it than that and I think Allen will do a great job as head coach.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Coach Shyatt should be our new AD and Coach Edwards our new coach!