Eric Turner decommits,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

laxwyo wrote:I think a lot of us wear tons of Wyoming gear. Hell, it's half my wardrobe. Even got a "powder River let er Buck" at the airport in Boston from some guy
Of course - on this board, we probably all wear a ton of Wyoming gear. That isn't the point of my story boob man.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I get what you are saying McPeachy.
And yeah I wear plenty of Wyo poop up here at Oregon State. It has started a couple conversations, but mostly just strange looks. But I still wear it.

I hate when people mock Wyo on TV for any reason. Like, seriously any reason I get pissed about.

Do you watch the show Weeds? Well in one of their final seasons when they left Southern Cali and were in Wyo, I pretty much studied that episode to see if they were going to make fun of us in it.

I don't want people poking fun at my state, simply because even though I LOVE the Beavers, I love the state of Oregon, I love the people I have met here, it just isn't Wyoming or UW.

But when it comes to a 17 year old kid from Florida who likely felt pressured into committing to Wyo (that's how recruiting goes/not a fault of Shyatt, just the recruiting game in general) I don't blame him in reconsidering.
I don't blame the Casper kid going to the Gators. I don't blame the Cheyenne kid from looking at the Ducks or even CU.

Let's lay off the KIDS, and realize that yes just because someone believes there is a better place than Laramie, that doesn't mean he is worthless to Wyo athletics and won't be worth 2 poop because he isn't Cowboy Tough.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Let's lay off the KIDS, and realize that yes just because someone believes there is a better place than Laramie, that doesn't mean he is worthless to Wyo athletics and won't be worth 2 poop because he isn't Cowboy Tough.
Agree - and one step further, things happen for a reason, although we may not see it immediately.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:Laramie isn't for everybody, when i was in school talking to those bball players, lots of them said it truly was an adjustment in life and other things, but after a couple years it grew on them and they always can't wait to come back for visits, (ie Theo Ratliff, Reggie Slater), still good friends with them to this day. Again it's not for everyone but if they give it time and their best the sky's the limit. I know if i went to Houston or Alabama or anywhere I'd have to adjust myself, same thing as when I moved to Arizona, took me awhile to adjust, to me summer was meant to be outside not jumping from AC to AC and no snow at Christmas etc....it's all in what you are used to that's for sure
Arizona nice place to visit but life wasn't meant to live in the desert, (that's just me talking, lol), i did have fun, but Wyo kept calling my name and i came back(twice) LOL
Guess you weren't Arizona tough.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cuttslam wrote:
stymeman wrote:Laramie isn't for everybody, when i was in school talking to those bball players, lots of them said it truly was an adjustment in life and other things, but after a couple years it grew on them and they always can't wait to come back for visits, (ie Theo Ratliff, Reggie Slater), still good friends with them to this day. Again it's not for everyone but if they give it time and their best the sky's the limit. I know if i went to Houston or Alabama or anywhere I'd have to adjust myself, same thing as when I moved to Arizona, took me awhile to adjust, to me summer was meant to be outside not jumping from AC to AC and no snow at Christmas etc....it's all in what you are used to that's for sure
Arizona nice place to visit but life wasn't meant to live in the desert, (that's just me talking, lol), i did have fun, but Wyo kept calling my name and i came back(twice) LOL
Guess you weren't Arizona tough.
Definitely nothing tough about living in Arizona, Unless you don't like 70 degrees @ 3am. I miss Laramie but I do not for even an instant miss the weather that I will have to deal with when I go back.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Or maybe were entitled to our own opinions and think someone who commits should honor their commitment and not bail to reevaluate their recruiting season. It's chicken poop. Either keep your commitment or don't commit until your have all the facts.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Or maybe were entitled to our own opinions and think someone who commits should honor their commitment and not bail to reevaluate their recruiting season. It's chicken poop. Either keep your commitment or don't commit until your have all the facts.

Damn those 17 year olds for not having their life figured out perfectly already and possible making mistakes! :tickedoff:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Or maybe were entitled to our own opinions and think someone who commits should honor their commitment and not bail to reevaluate their recruiting season. It's chicken poop. Either keep your commitment or don't commit until your have all the facts.

Damn those 17 year olds for not having their life figured out perfectly already and possible making mistakes! :tickedoff:
Agreed Beaver, If only I could have de-commited from getting emancipated. I certainly did not have life figured out!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:

So at what age is it ok to hold someone accountable to their word? I'm not saying he should have his life figured out but he's plenty old enough to know that if he tells someone he will come play for them that it has implications for more than just him. It's quite possible we missed on a different recruit because he was slotted against a scholly. But that's ok. Well just take it in the shorts so we don't hurt his feeling. Gimme a break.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Seriously? At 17? Give the kid a break I can count on one hand how many people I know that at 17 would make the proper life changing decision. If it was a letter of intent he had signed then I could see this being an issue but it was just a commitment and he might have jumped the gun.

Maybe he is weighing his options, Maybe he doesn't know if Wyoming is the right state. There is definitely a lot going through these kids minds rather him be positive and not leave halfway through the season like so many others have done.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

You know, I wonder how many times the coaches have told someone they were interested in a player and were going to offer a player then not follow through?
And if you think Shyatt and company have never done that, you are a fool. It is part of recruiting.
For all we know, Shyatt told this kid that even though their plan was to offer him, something else came up and he should look somewhere else.

It's recruiting dude. It is notoriously known on both sides to be filled with empty promises, yet the moment someone burns us, you get pissed off about it. I can almost guarantee you there are a handful of broken promises and cases of Coach Shyatt "not living up to his word" every season.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Can you show me one example of Shyatt offering a scholly to a player only to pull it when the player accepts? This is not me being snarky or rude, I just dont think Shyatt would offer and not see it through.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Can you show me one example of Shyatt offering a scholly to a player only to pull it when the player accepts? This is not me being snarky or rude, I just dont think Shyatt would offer and not see it through.

Really???

Never when it becomes something in writing, but coaches telling kids they are going to offer them then not following through.

There are no "documented" cases because it is always a coach literally telling a player that he wants him at his school and is going to offer him.

Every single coach, basketball and football does this.
I know a player on the Wyo football team that said he was promised an offer to play safety at Oregon State but then Mike Reilly never came through with an offer. Hell, read the story about Wick and how many different schools said they were going to offer and never did.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone hear any grumblings or rumors on how his decision is coming along? I can't imagine smacking down all our opponents so far has hurt our chances...
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

We don't have a scholly for him anymore if I remember right. I really doubt that Shyatt would pull the offer after the kid called and verbally committed to Wyoming and a few weeks went by. I think that it had to be somewhat on his end because isn't he teammates with 2 other UW commits. If Shyatt pulled the offer after he committed then I don't think the other two would have been so excited to commit. But I have been wrong before. :)
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:We don't have a scholly for him anymore if I remember right. I really doubt that Shyatt would pull the offer after the kid called and verbally committed to Wyoming and a few weeks went by. I think that it had to be somewhat on his end because isn't he teammates with 2 other UW commits. If Shyatt pulled the offer after he committed then I don't think the other two would have been so excited to commit. But I have been wrong before. :)
Shyatt didn't pull an offer, he decommitted and reopened recruiting but said Wyoming was still a major contender
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

That's kind of what I was hinting at. A few posts before I posted someone said that Shyatt might have pulled the offer.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

rich22 wrote:That's kind of what I was hinting at. A few posts before I posted someone said that Shyatt might have pulled the offer.
I wasn't saying Shyatt offered and then said nevermind. I am saying in the world of recruiting there are going to be empty promises and people being mislead. It's the nature of the game. I'm not saying Shyatt is shady or anything, but that's how it works sometimes.

"We want player A but we think player A is going to U of X so offer player B, oh great it turns out player A isn't going to U of X so now he can come here, sorry player B the spot has been filled, you can come be a walk-on though"

To think a successful college coach has never done that is asinine.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 117 times

Our entire recruiting class has already signed their NLI's. If Turner is coming to Wyoming it's as a walk-on.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote:Our entire recruiting class has already signed their NLI's. If Turner is coming to Wyoming it's as a walk-on.
Unless someone else is on their way out the door.