Massive Student turnout last night!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I'm joking, that showing was pathetic. 200 - 300 maybe? Any you live right "there"?

There were more people from Cheyenne than GD students.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i was part of it and I live in Cheyenne..lol, not much energy, some try but we need a boat load on Friday night to shake things up a bit
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:i was part of it and I live in Cheyenne..lol, not much energy, some try but we need a boat load on Friday night to shake things up a bit
You drove from Cheyenne last night to see the game? And your fellow students that live right there in Laramie couldn't get off the couch to make the huge walk...shameful!
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I wasn't able to attend, but I know our little Wyonation student group is starting to go together.
I've got a weird schedule this semester that doesn't allow me to go to many games for the next few weeks.
But...when this semester is done...I'll be there. Frequently.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I wasn't there either, I had a class til 7:30 then a paper due at midnight, tried to get it done early but couldn't
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote:I wasn't there either, I had a class til 7:30 then a paper due at midnight, tried to get it done early but couldn't
You should meet up with the group of students from on here going.
It was a pretty fun little group, and it can only get better.
Unfortunately, I can't go this friday either.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:I wasn't there either, I had a class til 7:30 then a paper due at midnight, tried to get it done early but couldn't
You should meet up with the group of students from on here going.
It was a pretty fun little group, and it can only get better.
Unfortunately, I can't go this friday either.
I'll be there with Yank again, and I'm sure we'll each have a little group of our own. Feel free to get with us, we'll be there about an hour early down in the front
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

When I was a student, I was at damn near every game. What else are they doing?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ProudWYOAlum wrote:When I was a student, I was at damn near every game. What else are they doing?
I know this isn't true for all of them but Saturday I had a couple friends not make it because they are trying to get as much fishing as they can before it all freezes, and a couple more who were at state football, then last night had a couple other friends that had a test or class. But you know as well as I that that damn sure isn't the majority, got no idea where most of the students are.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

It was a goddamn disgrace. Though people who work 9-5 and live within a couple hours not showing is pathetic too.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

ProudWYOAlum wrote:When I was a student, I was at damn near every game. What else are they doing?
At this point in the semester a lot of us are busy with classes. I think student attendance will pick up when next semester starts. I also think the lack of success in football has students down on Wyoming sports in general.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

DVDA wrote:
At this point in the semester a lot of us are busy with classes. I think student attendance will pick up when next semester starts. I also think the lack of success in football has students down on Wyoming sports in general.
I hear ya. And I get it - student first! But there are 13000+/- students in Laramie, of which 200 or so decided to attend a 2 hour event on a Monday night (at no additional cost). That is pathetic and shameful.
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
DVDA wrote:
I hear ya. And I get it - student first! But there are 13000+/- students in Laramie, of which 200 or so decided to attend a 2 hour event on a Monday night (at no additional cost). That is pathetic and shameful.
I totally agree. I've got my reasons for not attending, but even if I did it still would have been just 1 more. Where are the other 12k students? We can't even get 1k there right now?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
DVDA wrote:
I totally agree. I've got my reasons for not attending, but even if I did it still would have been just 1 more. Where are the other 12k students? We can't even get 1k there right now?
Question for you -

How was the game (and other games) marketed by UW to the student body? Twitter, FB, Instagram, BI, E mail, a sandwich board sign in the Union, other ways?

I have always bagged on UW & the marketing department / branch of athletics, I think they are the worst - and have maybe always been that way - except a short bump during the Barta administration, when there was a real emphasis to grow football attendance (the project 20K).
Dear Karma,

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
DVDA wrote:
Question for you -

How was the game (and other games) marketed by UW to the student body? Twitter, FB, Instagram, BI, E mail, a sandwich board sign in the Union, other ways?

I have always bagged on UW & the marketing department / branch of athletics, I think they are the worst - and have maybe always been that way - except a short bump during the Barta administration, when there was a real emphasis to grow football attendance (the project 20K).
Basically just a few small signs around campus. Not much more than that
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
DVDA wrote:
Question for you -

The only advertising I've ever seen is a sandwich board outside the union saying there's an athletic activity on campus soon....could be football, could be golf, could be swimming.....sad. The kids in my class usually have no idea there's games going on. Pathetic
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
DVDA wrote:
Question for you -

The only advertising I've ever seen is a sandwich board outside the union saying there's an athletic activity on campus soon....could be football, could be golf, could be swimming.....sad. The kids in my class usually have no idea there's games going on. Pathetic
Yeah there is one outside the union, a couple at Prexys and one by the Classroom building. That is literally all I've seen, save sheep week
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote:Yeah there is one outside the union, a couple at Prexys and one by the Classroom building. That is literally all I've seen, save sheep week
Point proven - UW marketing the game (any game), still sucks. Another strike against Burman, IMO.

What needs to change, or what would work best (or multiples of things) to market games better to students?

When I was a UW student, way back when, if there was a reason to drink beer and meet women, I was all over it. And mostly, those reasons were games (hoops and football). More for the pickin' if you know what I mean.

Maybe the current student (in general) doesn't care about pussy & beer, and instead cares about battlefield 4, eating hummus, and masturbating?

:lol:
Dear Karma,

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Yeah there is one outside the union, a couple at Prexys and one by the Classroom building. That is literally all I've seen, save sheep week
Point proven - UW marketing the game (any game), still sucks. Another strike against Burman, IMO.

What needs to change, or what would work best (or multiples of things) to market games better to students?

When I was a UW student, way back when, if there was a reason to drink beer and meet women, I was all over it. And mostly, those reasons were games (hoops and football). More for the pickin' if you know what I mean.

Maybe the current student (in general) doesn't care about pussy & beer, and instead cares about battlefield 4, eating hummus, and masturbating?

:lol:
I really have no idea what the problem is, poop if I don't have a big test coming up or something im at every volleyball, basketball (men's and women's), wrestling and football, to me even if youre not a fan of the sport its as much a social thing as anything. But I have no idea how to get the mm majority involved in it, they had the "stampede" last year wgere you got ao much credit to.the brown and gold for going to games, now it's the "wild bunch" and its only half the credit.from last year, but I know there is a lot of people who will go, sign in, get their credit and leave. To your last point, different strokes for different folks I guess! Haha
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Burman strikes again with his nonchalant, let everything take care of itself attitude.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.