New uniforms for 2009

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Carl Spackler
Buckaroo

The Cowboys will wear Nike for the 2009 season.

http://wyomingsportsfootball.blogspot.c ... -nike.html
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Not too bad, not great. They could have spelled WYOMING with bigger fonts across the front. I do like the brown top/gold bottom combo though.. a nice retro look. The move to Nike was probably a good idea, probably going to bring in some nice cash to the university in sponsorship and recruiting.
ImageImageImageImage
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

i like them! kinda similar to the NB ones, but i liked those!

i love the combo of brown and "gold" even though my rival high school is brown and gold.

Go WYO!

thanks!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I have to see what they look like on the field, but at first glance I like the white-pant combination the best.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Agreed, in the photo white over white looks the best. They will all look better in pads, and even better yet if we are winning,........BUT, I am very disappointed the bucking horse logo isn't on the shoulders, or the pants. I don't like shoulder numbers so I am really upset with that change (don't ask me why it matters so much to me, because I just can't explain it.) I would be pleased as hell if they put the logo back on the shoulder, a little one opposite the nike logo on the pants, and made the brown darker. I still don't like the lighter brown, as it looks like poop to me. Last if they Triple stripe the helmet the uniforms would be perfect to me.

Oh well, if they win they will look good in anything.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

Are they going to put the brown and gold stripes back on the helmets like the ones we had from 1987-96?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand

Fullback41 wrote:Agreed, in the photo white over white looks the best. They will all look better in pads, and even better yet if we are winning,........BUT, I am very disappointed the bucking horse logo isn't on the shoulders, or the pants. I don't like shoulder numbers so I am really upset with that change (don't ask me why it matters so much to me, because I just can't explain it.) I would be pleased as hell if they put the logo back on the shoulder, a little one opposite the nike logo on the pants, and made the brown darker. I still don't like the lighter brown, as it looks like poop to me. Last if they Triple stripe the helmet the uniforms would be perfect to me.

Oh well, if they win they will look good in anything.
I would have like the bucking horse on the pants somewhere. I don't mind it not being on the shoulder pads, because from the side, you already have the bucking horse on the helmet.

I agree about the brown being darker, but it's hard to tell in a photograph. It might be the same shade of brown as always, that's just the way photo turned out.

I like the all white helmet - I think the stripes take away from Steamboat.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

evilpoke wrote:I like the all white helmet - I think the stripes take away from Steamboat.
I( grew up watching UW with the stripes. I even have a UW helmet lamp that has the stripes.

Bring back the stripes, UW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I haven't heard or read anything about plans to triple stripe the helmet, I just thought I would throw that out there. I think the brown was darker during the "prairie gold" days. The darker the brown the better, the closer to black the better, in my opinion. I doubt Nike has a say in the shade of brown, but I thought I would throw that in there as well. A brown pants option would be cool too, I thought the brown jersey, brown pants combo the Pokes wore to beat CSU a few years ago was kinda cool.

What I do like about these uniforms.....1. they got rid of the gold strap from the neck that died in the armpit, 2. it is hard to see in the photo, but I like the design on the sides of the jersey, 3. I like the thinner stripe on the pants, 4. I actually prefer the smaller "WYOMING" on the chest, 5. The Nike logo does look BIG TIME-I like it.

As said before, if they win I will love the current uniforms, anything looks good when you are winning, and it looks badass when you are dominating.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Sounds like the helmets are staying the same according to the posted radio interview, so it looks like EA Sports finally got it right for once - thats cool.

I cant wait for football to start.
pokeymon
Buckaroo

The uniform does not matter. It does not make the team better. The team make the uniform look better by having a great season this year. No one will care about the uniform.

I cant wait for football season to begin. I feel good about this team. why? because they are the underdogs. According to everyone they should be on the bottom of MWC, but wait and see this team is going to be awesome.

Go Poke!!!

I can't wait see my kiwi/samoan nephew play...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Who's your nephew?
ImageImageImageImage
pokeymon
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Who's your nephew?
He is just a freshman trying to earn a sport on the roster. His name is Tonka Marsom #20.

I know my nephew's ability and he will play this year. I wish Wyoming had a rugby team cause the boy can play rugby too.

We are excite here in New Zealand can't wait until football season..

Kiora..
evilpoke
Ranch Hand

Wyoming does have a rugby team - club, though -

I thought Tonka had a scholarship?
pokeymon
Buckaroo

evilpoke wrote:Wyoming does have a rugby team - club, though -

I thought Tonka had a scholarship?
Well that's good to know.

Yes, Tonka does have a scholarship but he still need to prove himself so he could play. Having a scholarship doesn't mean you will automatically play. You need to earn it. I know my nephew and he's a player and he will earn it. This boy maybe young but I bet you that he has already putting fire under the offense line.

IMO he is a better rugby player.

Go POke!!!!

Kiora
steelbed58
Buckaroo

Great move going to Nike. The first question some top recruits ask a staff is which logo they are. Nike or Under Armour? If a kids choice came down to 2 schools, I am telling you they would choose a Nike school over a Adidas or a New Balance school easily. Sounds stupid, but we are talking about 18 year olds. Wearing the checks is cool to these kids. don't believe me go ask a recruiter.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

steelbed58 wrote:Great move going to Nike. The first question some top recruits ask a staff is which logo they are. Nike or Under Armour? If a kids choice came down to 2 schools, I am telling you they would choose a Nike school over a Adidas or a New Balance school easily. Sounds stupid, but we are talking about 18 year olds. Wearing the checks is cool to these kids. don't believe me go ask a recruiter.
True story.. as shallow as that is.
ImageImageImageImage
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

Given that Christien came from Mizzou, their uni's seem similar to what the Tigers wear.