Stupid bicyclists.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Just me, or has the number of stupid bicyclists been increasing? Just tonight, on my way home from a Labor Day Party (a day early, but that's what it was) at my mom's, I was going across 4th and Grand, the light had just turned green for me to go, when 2 morons run the red light and almost caused an accident. They laughed as they got the horn honked at them (I think one flipped me off) and they kept going on. Little poop could have been killed. And this is FAR from the first time I have seen morons like this that ignore stoplights or even stop signs. I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents or even fatalities due to all the stupid bicyclists I've been seeing that do this. They're on the road, so obey the f-word traffic laws! :tickedoff:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Should have hit them. :P ;)

Bicyclists are the worst. At least you avoided any accident. Could have added yourself a few court cases if for nothing but to defend yourself. Annoying stuff.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Yep. And since the police station was right there, I filed a complaint. Not sure how much good it will do, but better than nothing.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I wouldn't call Bicyclists the worst. In fact they are getting more exercise than you driving the car and saving gas, I'd say it' a win win. However cyclists should be following the laws of the road and I know there are plenty that don't. I see many times motorists not following the law either when it comes to respecting bicyclists as well. I think its something both sides need to be aware of. I find many times at 4 way stops motorists will not recognize the cyclist as someone also waiting to go, I get cut off all the time!

I have a nice 4 wheel drive SUV sitting in my driveway but I rarely have to use it in town. I mean honestly, Laramie is small enough I can ride my bike to almost anywhere. People complain about parking on campus, blah blah, ride your f'kin bike you lazy bastards!
I'm good for 3!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

It goes both ways. My grandson who was about 13 at the time was riding north on 3rd st and got hit by a car that was also going north on 3rd st and turning right onto Harney. This lady did not even stop. It ruined his bike and bruised and skinned him up, but did not injure him seriously.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Cornpoke wrote:I wouldn't call Bicyclists the worst. In fact they are getting more exercise than you driving the car and saving gas, I'd say it' a win win. However cyclists should be following the laws of the road and I know there are plenty that don't. I see many times motorists not following the law either when it comes to respecting bicyclists as well. I think its something both sides need to be aware of. I find many times at 4 way stops motorists will not recognize the cyclist as someone also waiting to go, I get cut off all the time!

I have a nice 4 wheel drive SUV sitting in my driveway but I rarely have to use it in town. I mean honestly, Laramie is small enough I can ride my bike to almost anywhere. People complain about parking on campus, blah blah, ride your f'kin bike you lazy bastards!
I don't mind people riding them, but when they blatantly ignore stop signs and lights (not all of them, but quite a few have), it's just an accident waiting to happen.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I've been wondering where the hell all the traffic has been coming from lately. It is making it really tough to ride without getting run over. The drivers are either drunk, talking on the cell phone, or not paying attention.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Fromolwyoming this is an issue that goes both ways 50/50
and believe it or not my girlfriend and i were riding earlier on 4th and someone at 4th and gibbon didn't even give a poop that we had the right of way. he started to pull out of the intersection and we had to dodge to avoid him. So it isn't just cyclists man. Just because most people drive cars doesn't mean that cars are more important or that they are always right. definitely not.

It's just people in general need to pay more attention to what the hell is going on around them
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:Fromolwyoming this is an issue that goes both ways 50/50
and believe it or not my girlfriend and i were riding earlier on 4th and someone at 4th and gibbon didn't even give a poop that we had the right of way. he started to pull out of the intersection and we had to dodge to avoid him. So it isn't just cyclists man. Just because most people drive cars doesn't mean that cars are more important or that they are always right. definitely not.

It's just people in general need to pay more attention to what the hell is going on around them
I know there are plenty of stupid motorists, hell, I walk most places. But I point out the stupid bicyclists because they are a lot squishier than a 2 ton vehicle, and it shouldn't take a genius to realize that blowing through redlights or stop signs is a good way to cause an accident, which goes for both motorists and bicyclists, as just about a year ago some moron went 30 through a stop sign as I had the right-a-way and nearly t-boned me, and that was on 5th and Sheridan, I was heading East on Sheridan.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

I live in one of the most bike friendly communities in the Rocky Mountains.. I can definitely say the street works both ways.. I don't ride a bike and use my SUV for my transportation.. and I can tell you that the bikes in this town don't have a lot of respect for the drivers and vice versa. Missoula has spent thousands of dollars creating bike lanes, special bike sidewalks that run parallel to the regular sidewalk, street repainting, etc and continually the bikes ignore these luxuries they've been given and ride right down the middle of the street. They also blow through stop signs because it's an inconvenience for them to stop and wait for traffic.. it seems like many of them want it both ways.. the rights of a pedestrian as well as the rights of vehicle traffic.. unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Anyways, it's a continual war between the bikes and cars here.. Laramie isn't the only place with this problem..
ImageImageImageImage