Wyoming bound...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Okay kids, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Any last minute suggestions?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cheer for the Pokes to beat the Longhorns? And if you go through Laramie, and you want some Mexican food, try Corona Village right across from McDonalds on Grand Ave.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Of course! I'd cheer for the devil over the Longhorns.

Yum, I love Mexican, thanks!!
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

go to the real corona village not the express one. El Conquistador is better anyways
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 154 times

Uh oh!
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I recommend my house. It will be a great time and big sausage! Lol
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Drive safe. If your looking for the Wyoming/Texas game, you should probably head for Texas, not Wyoming :)
Snowflake
Cowpoke

wyobrandon wrote:Drive safe. If your looking for the Wyoming/Texas game, you should probably head for Texas, not Wyoming :)
Hahah I'm not. My brother is a cop in Austin, I'm down there waaaay too much for my liking. I'm pretty sure hell is painted burnt orange.

Btw, anyone know if the OU/UTEP game will be shown up there? I'll be in Jackson that weekend.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

wyopokesfan23 wrote:go to the real corona village not the express one. El Conquistador is better anyways
The Express one is good if you're in a hurry though.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyobrandon wrote:Drive safe. If your looking for the Wyoming/Texas game, you should probably head for Texas, not Wyoming :)
this.....and if you're driving alone...keep your wits about you on them long, empty 2 lane highways.......single vehicle rollovers make up the number 1 accident here
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Corona Village is the best by far! We don't live in Wyoming any more and constantly comment that we wish we had a place as good as Corona!

Oh I miss taco Tuesday's!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

thirtyseven wrote:Corona Village is the best by far! We don't live in Wyoming any more and constantly comment that we wish we had a place as good as Corona!

Oh I miss taco Tuesday's!
Taco Tuesday at Corona Village, Bartenders bowler league at the lanes, then Pint night at the buck. Tuesdays in Laramie rock!
I'm good for 3!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
wyopokesfan23 wrote:go to the real corona village not the express one. El Conquistador is better anyways
The Express one is good if you're in a hurry though.
Love Corona Village eat there almost exclusively after football games... but a warning to everyone no matter where you go to eat... if they give you a buzzer with a number on it make sure you don't get stuck with a 6 or a 9, or any other number that can be confused if looked at upside down.

Senior day, CSU home game, Glenn's last game, we lost (which doesn't help), we get to Corona Village and its packed which is understandable, super long wait to begin with, party of 5, my son (who was 6 at the time) is at his all-time public annoyance best. Check with front are we come up soon.. yep. At least I can drink a beer while waiting but even that takes a while because it is so busy (so I buy 2 at a time). Getting annoyed with the wait, did that group come in after us?, I think that couple did!, now I know this party did, WTH? I go up to front to ask when we will be seated. I show them my buzzer, that number isn't on the list, what the name? Oh, they have been marked off already (about 8 names ago). Really, someone else got our table? What was their number oh, (I hold my buzzer up..turn it upside down to show them they wrote down the numbers wrong....the look on the hostesses faces were priceless when they realized we had been waiting forever when they gave away our table). Anyway, I wasn't happy, and it was obvious, I think the manager waited on us out of fear I go ballistic....not sure why..wife says I had that look in my eye, I thought I kept it together considering. The buzzer did have a little 1 foot free fall on to the hostess station.

Honest mistake, just bad timing, so I am super paranoid about it now and check the buzzer number to make sure it is not a 6 or a 9 everytime now...and usually share the story with the hostess... some get it, some don't, those are the ones to look out for. Honestly, why not just ditch the 6 or the 9 so there is no way to confuse them.

Great food.

Watch those buzzer numbers!
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

is there still a "Scoops"?
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Snowflake, if you go through Riverton, well Hudson to be exact, try the one place I mentioned before. Svelars or something. It's in the food thread. I thought it was rad.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Snowflake wrote:Okay kids, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Any last minute suggestions?
Drive safe!
Snowflake
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Snowflake, if you go through Riverton, well Hudson to be exact, try the one place I mentioned before. Svelars or something. It's in the food thread. I thought it was rad.
Thanks doll. I think we'll be that way on the way home.

Anyone know anything good in Douglas? :)
Snowflake
Cowpoke

wyosteelerfan wrote:
this.....and if you're driving alone...keep your wits about you on them long, empty 2 lane highways.......single vehicle rollovers make up the number 1 accident here
Thank you sweets :)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

Snowflake wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Snowflake, if you go through Riverton, well Hudson to be exact, try the one place I mentioned before. Svelars or something. It's in the food thread. I thought it was rad.
"We"? :whistle:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Snowflake wrote:

Anyone know anything good in Douglas? :)
I suggest "keep going" lol