I thought it was only UW who degraded bywho

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We used to be the only ones who were called the filthy, dirty, dispicable fans with the fubyu chant and the alleged "bombs". Looks like TCU is getting into the act. I thought this was interesting:

By Greg Wrubell

In the aftermath of BYU's setback at TCU, the Mountain West Conference may be asked to re-address a conference recommendation that should probably become league policy.

In all but two conference football venues, the main student seating section and/or band seating is located in areas other than behind the visiting team bench. This practice is in accordance with a league recommendation. At New Mexico and TCU, however, the students and/or band sections are directly behind the visiting bench, and at TCU last week, a situation developed that could have easily gotten out of hand.

Approaching halftime, members of the band entered the BYU team area, going so far as to "get in the face" of BYU players, positioning themselves amidst the BYU players and taunting them. BYU's requests to have the stadium personnel and police control the band were denied. "It's their stadium, they can do what they want," BYU officials were told. BYU Football personnel moved the players away from the benches and toward the sideline to head off what appeared to be imminent confrontations.

During the TCU game, some of the students in the seating section directly behind the BYU team bench displayed signs denigrating the LDS Church. The signs were offensive enough to attract the attention of BYU administrators, who asked stadium personnel to remove the signs. Those requests were denied. In the second half, a high-ranking BYU Athletics administrator then went into the stands himself and took one of the signs away from a student. A police officer threatened the BYU administrator with arrest if he did not return the sign to the student. The BYU administrator gave the sign to the officer, but would not return the sign to the student.

Throughout the evening, BYU officials contacted TCU Athletics officials about assisting with the crowd control issues, to no avail.

As a side note, while I have to admit that I have not seen the TV broadcast of the game (I welcome confirmation from those who saw the game on TV), I am told that Versus cameras showed the anti-LDS signs on at least one and possibly two occasions. If a random crowd shot inadvertently shows an offensive sign, that's one thing. But if the cameraman/production personnel intentionally or repeatedly showed such signs, that's irresponsible behavior. I am certain that signs offensive to other religious or ethnic groups would not have been tolerated, let alone publicized. Again, if it was a passing shot that was quickly taken off the screen, the network is not at fault, so I don't want to condemn the TV folks if they were not to be blamed.

Crowd control issues aside (and TCU would appear to be guilty of a laissez-faire approach, at best), the implicit support of religious bigotry is also an issue that should be addressed. The fact that a religiously-sanctioned institution such as TCU would be involved adds to the unsavory nature of the incidents last week.

You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

bWHYu is chock full of a bunch of cry baby kitty...and this is a prime example of that. I wouldn't piss on bWHYu if it was on fire.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...