A tale of two teams

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

So the final scores of the BYU games last night appeared to be switched. I didn't think the Cowboys would hang that tough and I sure as hell didn't think the Girls would get blown out.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Ya definitely sucked I really hope the Girls can bounce back.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Ya definitely sucked I really hope the Girls can bounce back.
The Whiners figured something out (it isn't rocket science)...shut down Hilary, and the Cowgirls don't stand a chance. Hilary didn't score 1 point last night. And UW lost by 25.

Thanks Emma you bitch.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

I was at the game and BYU played super aggressive defense and it looked as if it was frustrating the Cowgirls. Only 4 foul calls in the first half on BYU and they were constantly hand checking and putting a body on Hillary down low. A lot of contact with no calls. When a foul was called on BYU the players complained a lot. Our players rarely had open looks and BYU did a good job of fighting through screens but the refs let everything go especially in the first half.

Even Joe got heated at the refs in the early second half.

The beginning of the second half BYU started with about 7 or 8 shots in a row and shot over 51% in the half and over 62% from the three point line in the second half.

Joe made a great adjustment in the second half but it was too late. He put Hillary and Sickles in at the same time playing Hillary on the perimeter and she was able to drive but missed a few shots and by then the game was out of hand so he pulled both Hillary and Aubry. Look for more of this adjustment in game #2 and with the UW crowd I don't think BYU will be able to play as aggressive.

Side note: BYU crowd was pathetic only 800 and we had at least 25 to 50 Cowgirl fans on a weeknight. In addition to this fans were only allowed to sit on one side of the arena and only one concession stand was open for the whole arena. I had a BYU fan who I work with yesterday ask why Wyoming fans dislike BYU fans. Well when I went to the concession stand some punk BYU student working says, "oh no Wyoming fans we can't serve them" then after I got my food he says "thank you but I can't wish you good luck"

Typical BYU attitude and that is why we don't like them!!!

Go Gowgirls!!!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

BYU fans are the biggest assholes on the planet.
And the players on the teams play with no respect at all. Pretty hypocritical of people who claim to always take the moral high road