Jordan Nesbitt - Do You Agree with the Signing?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Jordan Nesbitt from Hampton via Saint Louis committed to Wyoming over the weekend. It sounds like Saint Louis previously got rid of him.

There are many articles out there on this guy but I am puzzled why we would bring a person like this into the program.

In my opinion, let’s take our lumps next year but at least have decent human beings we can be proud to support. I am against this signing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-w-s.html
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 62 times

He was highly recruited coming out of high school. Top 100 in the nation with 10+ offers from high major programs all around the country.

He originally committed to Penny Hardaway and Memphis. He was only able to play half a season with them. It's not clear to me why this was the case, but I suspect there was some sort of NCAA eligibility issue at play. He barely saw the court and a series of transfers began. First to Saint Louis, then to Hampton, and now to Wyoming. His stats have improved at each stop, but against progressively worse competition.

Mr. Nesbitt is the classic case of an athlete with all the physical tools but lacking the mental tools to cultivate success. Very few of these guys turn it around, but his back is against the wall now. This is his last chance. I would hope that Sundance has made it known to him that he is on a very short leash. One problem and I suspect he will be booted from the team.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

4th team in 5 years. I’m just not seeing the upside here for a 1 year signing and needed team chemistry for this team to have any success.

But great to hear the perspective that Wicks should keep him on a short leash.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Maybe Wicks will be able to coach & control Mrs. Nesbitt, especially when they are drinking Darjeeling together.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

I do not care about the incident with the cheerleaders one bit. Being on so many teams is a red flag much like Marcus Williams.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:01 am I do not care about the incident with the cheerleaders one bit. Being on so many teams is a red flag much like Marcus Williams.
He also declared for the NBA draft after what appears being forced out of Saint Louis.

https://fox2now.com/sports/slu-guard-jo ... nba-draft/

Then I guess he realized he had zero chance of being drafted.
doreno5
Cowpoke
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

I guess Wicks needs to field a team which at least looks competitive, but this was not a good signing
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Let’s give him a chance.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 92 times

Linder screwed us and Sunny has few options as he builds a team for 2024-2025. Normally, I would say that you avoid a kid like Nesbitt like the plague. We need warm bodies and a lot of them or we risk a very tired and injured team going into conference play. I don't have many expectations for the upcoming season. I just hope that Jordan contributes to the culture Sunny is building. Perhaps Wicks will show that he can reform a kid on the isolated high plains of Wyoming with his style and infectious optimism and make himself a magnet for talented but fractured souls.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Agree with Lander on this one. If you'll recall, Leonard Washington wasn't exactly an updstanding citizen when we signed him. Turned out just fine.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm Agree with Lander on this one. If you'll recall, Leonard Washington wasn't exactly an upstanding citizen when we signed him. Turned out just fine.
Excellent response. I agree.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:01 am I do not care about the incident with the cheerleaders one bit. Being on so many teams is a red flag much like Marcus Williams.
Or DuSell
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyo 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:10 pm
Or DuSell
What!?!? How is DuSell comparable? I am unaware of DuSell being anything but a good person and good teammate out of trouble. DuSell left Wyoming for Fresno during the Linder exodus and then Fresno dropped its coach so he left Fresno this past year along with most of the team.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm Agree with Lander on this one. If you'll recall, Leonard Washington wasn't exactly an updstanding citizen when we signed him. Turned out just fine.
Good point. He deserves a chance but I hope he is on a short leash. He is a father too so this is probably a critical year for him and his family’s future. Prove himself as a good player and teammate and he could find himself with a good payday in the G league or a European league.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:50 pm
wyo 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:10 pm

Or DuSell
What!?!? How is DuSell comparable? I am unaware of DuSell being anything but a good person and good teammate out of trouble. DuSell left Wyoming for Fresno during the Linder exodus and then Fresno dropped its coach so he left Fresno this past year along with most of the team.
My reply was to lax who said it was a red flag being on so many teams, same number as DuSell. What don’t you understand?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyo 1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:55 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:50 pm

My reply was to lax who said it was a red flag being on so many teams, same number as DuSell. What don’t you understand?
What is DuSell’s 4th team he has been on? This is Nesbitt’s 4th. I don’t understand what I might have missed in DuSell’s basketball career other than he changed his UNC commitment in high school when Linder left UNC to come to Wyoming.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:21 pm
wyo 1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:55 pm

What is DuSell’s 4th team he has been on? This is Nesbitt’s 4th. I don’t understand what I might have missed in DuSell’s basketball career other than he changed his UNC commitment in high school when Linder left UNC to come to Wyoming.
Okay, like I said, responded to lax where he said red flag being on so many teams like Marcus Williams. Williams 3 teams, DuSell 3 teams. I never said 4.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

There is an upside. If Wicks can keep him out of trouble and he maximizes his potential, it will get good press and set a good tone for Wicks' future recruiting. Imagine if the kid makes NBA? I know, unlikely, but there could be some positives that come out of it.

If it blows up, I guess wth, lost season anyway.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.