Boyzee

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:45 pm

I'm fighting your attempts to indoctrinate this board into your "fire Linder now" cult.
Haha what? You’re grasping.

I’ve clearly stated that we basically can’t fire Linder for 2 years because of the 2027 contract extension he has. Maybe he will do something so bad we would have a for cause reason but that is doubtful. But I can only shake my head as you apparently defend him and his blame everyone but himself temper tantrum throwing attitude.
But you clearly want to. You revel in every loss. Your agenda is obvious. You find things to bitch about in every win.

I'm no making excuses for him. I've clearly pointed out that he's made mistakes and has plenty of things to work on. Calling out fans for lack of attendance is bad form and I don't like it. His demeanor on the sideline with players and refs seems like something he can improve on, etc.

The difference is that I hope he succeeds at UW. I think he can. If not, I'll be fine with letting him go in a year or two.

Apparently, there isn't any room on here for a differing opinion. Or, you're just here to push buttons. In either case, I'm happy forming my own reasoned opinions.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I think Linder has one year. If he doesn’t fix it next year, you have to let him go. You can’t let apathy fully take hold or you lose the program for a long time. (It is already really bad.) Last year was a huge mess - lots of causes but the results were indicative of a train wreck. The fix this year has not worked. We are .500 but have not been competitive in games that matter. Lose by 5-10 against the top tier. I get it. Lose multiple games at home by 20? Nah. Next year will be the tale of the tape to show if Jeff has any clue how to fix what he broke. The first test - does Manyawu stay?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:11 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 pm

Haha what? You’re grasping.

I’ve clearly stated that we basically can’t fire Linder for 2 years because of the 2027 contract extension he has. Maybe he will do something so bad we would have a for cause reason but that is doubtful. But I can only shake my head as you apparently defend him and his blame everyone but himself temper tantrum throwing attitude.
But you clearly want to. You revel in every loss. Your agenda is obvious. You find things to bitch about in every win.

I'm no making excuses for him. I've clearly pointed out that he's made mistakes and has plenty of things to work on. Calling out fans for lack of attendance is bad form and I don't like it. His demeanor on the sideline with players and refs seems like something he can improve on, etc.

The difference is that I hope he succeeds at UW. I think he can. If not, I'll be fine with letting him go in a year or two.

Apparently, there isn't any room on here for a differing opinion. Or, you're just here to push buttons. In either case, I'm happy forming my own reasoned opinions.
Why would I hope Linder fails? That makes no sense. Going to the AA while it is rocking and rooting on the Pokes is literally one of my favorite things. I am far from the person that finds thing to ‘bitch’ about in every win. In fact - you will be hard pressed to find someone on here who has been more supportive of the current football program even during losses.

‘Something he can improve on’ - the guy lost his entire team and proceeded to tell us all he was going to make ‘changes’ to his behavior this year. His only change is to now blame more people rather than himself and to act even more like a child. The writing is on the wall; Linder is more likely to bury this program than anything else. As I’ve repeatedly stated, I hope I’m wrong. But one thing is for certain, we decided to give up our long running season tickets because we are tired and embarrassed of the behavior (so anyone looking for GREAT season seats next year should be happy…that is until they have to watch and listen to Napoleon Linder up close night in and night out).
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:49 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:11 am

Why would I hope Linder fails? That makes no sense. Going to the AA while it is rocking and rooting on the Pokes is literally one of my favorite things. I am far from the person that finds thing to ‘bitch’ about in every win. In fact - you will be hard pressed to find someone on here who has been more supportive of the current football program even during losses.

‘Something he can improve on’ - the guy lost his entire team and proceeded to tell us all he was going to make ‘changes’ to his behavior this year. His only change is to now blame more people rather than himself and to act even more like a child. The writing is on the wall; Linder is more likely to bury this program than anything else. As I’ve repeatedly stated, I hope I’m wrong. But one thing is for certain, we decided to give up our long running season tickets because we are tired and embarrassed of the behavior (so anyone looking for GREAT season seats next year should be happy…that is until they have to watch and listen to Napoleon Linder up close night in and night out).
So much of the more pointed arguments on this board (probably most internet forums) are manifestations of the narcissism of small differences. The more a community shares commonalities, the more likely it becomes that folks engage in feuds and ridicule as they become hypersensitive to minor differences.

I would be surprised if anybody on this board revels in Wyoming athletic losses in any way ... perhaps people find the failings of an unpopular coach or administrator satisfying, but nobody truly desires tht.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

We have now lost 6 Mountain West games by more than 15 points. That is the same number we had in Edwards' and Schroyer's final seasons. Shyatt had 1 in his final season and McClain had 3.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 pm We have now lost 6 Mountain West games by more than 15 points. That is the same number we had in Edwards' and Schroyer's final seasons. Shyatt had 1 in his final season and McClain had 3.
This is why I have little hope for the future. When you are in the same rarified air as Edwards and Schroyer, you are in deep trouble. Deep, deep trouble. I just don't think Linder has the infrastructure, skill, and constitution to pull us out of the death spiral we are in.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 pm We have now lost 6 Mountain West games by more than 15 points. That is the same number we had in Edwards' and Schroyer's final seasons. Shyatt had 1 in his final season and McClain had 3.
Don’t worry though - we have approximately 10 percent of our production which is not graduating (assuming Manyawu stays). Another year under the tutelage of the basketball genius and we are sure to improve…
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

So you’re saying we kind of stink. I agree
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:09 pm
I believe our senior laden team could possibly end the conference season on a 2 game winning streak before losing its first game in the MWCT.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:14 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:09 pm

I believe our senior laden team could possibly end the conference season on a 2 game winning streak before losing its first game in the MWCT.
Just makes you wonder, or at least me wonder, every time I read something like this, how did #22 USU not return a point from 2023, and here they are at 10-4 / 22-5
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:06 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:14 pm

Just makes you wonder, or at least me wonder, every time I read something like this, how did #22 USU not return a point from 2023, and here they are at 10-4 / 22-5
Laramie has bad winters. Logan doesn't. Laramie is too far from an urban center. Logan is cosmopolitan as hell. The wind blows in Laramie. Logan is like Malibu, California. Oh, wait...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:22 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:06 pm

Laramie has bad winters. Logan doesn't. Laramie is too far from an urban center. Logan is cosmopolitan as hell. The wind blows in Laramie. Logan is like Malibu, California. Oh, wait...
Logan may be more METROPOLITAN than Laramie, but Logan and cosmopolitan in the same sentence? :lol:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:56 pm
LawPoke wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:22 pm

Logan may be more METROPOLITAN than Laramie, but Logan and cosmopolitan in the same sentence? :lol:
I wish there was a sarcasm font. I would have used it.