Zoobies sign w/ Kraft Fight Hunger and Poinsettia Bowls

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14812
Looks like the WAC lost their tie-in w/ the Fight Hunger Bowl. Zoobs will play a MWC team in the Poinsettia Bowl.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I can't be the only one who thinks its funny the Mormons have been banished to San Francisco.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

BYU has basically proven their case that they don't need the MWC.

They're going to get more money from ESPN, and you can bet ESPN was in on them getting these bowl ties.

In the MWC if they didn't get a BCS bowl, they'd go to a joke December bowl game just like they are going to do now.

What have they lost be going independent? A little bit of SOS.

BYU and Utah are the winners, folks.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Lost Poke wrote:BYU has basically proven their case that they don't need the MWC.

They're going to get more money from ESPN, and you can bet ESPN was in on them getting these bowl ties.

In the MWC if they didn't get a BCS bowl, they'd go to a joke December bowl game just like they are going to do now.

I think the jury is still out on BYU. Here is a thread on the MWCboard (started by a fellow Poke Fan) regarding BYU and their bowl tie-ins.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/inde ... opic=30273
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Lost Poke wrote:BYU has basically proven their case that they don't need the MWC.

bWHYu and Utah should not be considered similar, as far as this topic goes. Utah, is the winner (same somewhat with TCU). BUT...

bWHYu is a huge loser, IMO, on this deal. And I am so f-word glad. Thier decision was a butt-hurt holier than thou "we are too good for the MWC" one. As long as they are independant...they never will play for a conference championship again. Think about that. They aren't Notre Dame...and they don't play for the CIC trophy. They will never make a BCS bowl (have to finish top 2 in the BCS rankings to make that happen). Thier opponent line-up is laughable...we (UW) joke about our men's hoop's schedule, have you seen bWHYu's 2011 football schedule? Would you complain if that was UW...hell yes you would. Thier other sports have been thrown out with the garbage WCC (all for the sake of football independance). 4 sports at bWHYu will not have a home, and will go away at season's end. ESPN can dump them at any point, and / or decide to put their "games" on off nights, and off times, ESPN is calling the shots...

And the list goes on and on. Imagine being a parent of an athlete that swims / dives (etc.) for bWHYu...I just don't get how the almightly dollar persuaded the Y to make such an non-LDS like ethical decision. f-word em, every one of em.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...