5 new commits

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

GoWyoGo reports we got 5 new recruits today.

O-Linemen Zach Rushing of Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

O-Linemen Rafe Kiely of Wheaton North, Illinois

QB Brett Smith of Salem, Oregon

WR Dominic Rufran of Palmer HS, Colorado

S Luke Anderson of Blinn Junior College
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

good to here. I like both the olineman and smith as a qb. Should be good competion for qb with pittser and smith.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Links for them please? I never have any luck when searching for recruits on Scout/Rivals.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

http://tribtown.trib.com/ESchmoldt/blog

http://wyoming.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... 96&style=2

Those are the links to what I've found...so far. I like Schmoldt's blog...it has links to videos.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3724&p=27724#p27724

I just posted up some vids of all of them.. check the 2011 Recruiting thread stickied up top
ImageImageImageImage
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

It looks like Smith has a good arm...and Rufran is a slick dude who can evade tackles pretty good. I'm not so sure he'll get away with some of the stuff at the college level that he did in his highlight video. I liked the one "trick play" they had in the reel, though...where the snap "went above the QB's head, and the receiver was behind him and "took the snap" and made a good pass. Don't know if it would work, but if the D line was after the QB, that MAY give the receiver may get enough time to get the pass off.
Mayday
Buckaroo

Really liking the Anderson pickup at safety... attended South Lake Carroll High. 4.3 kid...
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Mayday wrote:Really liking the Anderson pickup at safety... attended South Lake Carroll High. 4.3 kid...
He was really layin' into the ball carriers in the highlight reels...no arm tackles, just layin' flat on their backs!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I did a little research on all the recruits and posted a little something on Poke Pride.

http://www.pokepride.com/2010/12/good-w ... iting.html
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Brett Smith looks quality and the OL guys look great. The WR looked like he was playing pee wees. He relied a lot on his speed and I didn't really see any real routes except for him just running down the field. He won't get away with that running all over the field crap. Looks cool on video doing it, but if he tries that, he's going to lose us 9 yards. I thought Luke Anderson looked the best of the five that committed today. The hits and interceptions looked great, but I focused on his coverage. He looked solid and fast.
W-Y, Until I Die!
The Road
Ranch Hand

Here is another article with videos of all the recruits plus a poll. I have to say I like Anderson's video the best.

http://www.cowboyaltitude.com/2010/12/1 ... ommitments
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I liked Kielly best. The guy just plows defenders over, which is exactly what we need.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Rafe has the nose of a down and dirty OL guy. He kind of looks mean in his Rivals profile picture. Be nice to have a few OL that want to drill the D guys instead of just trying to hold them off. Anderson looked like a missile out there! Alex Borgs also looked like he enjoyed throwing himself around.
W-Y, Until I Die!