What an absolute embarrassment

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Wow, I hadn't looked at the NCAA numbers in a few weeks. That all seems really bad.
ImageImageImageImage
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Yea, most of you know that I'm a numbers guy...and the numbers have not been good all season (even when we were winning). It was a house of cards just waiting to come crashing down.

There's a reason most computer models (and Vegas) hated us; that kind of luck is simply unsustainable and our actual metrics have been piss poor all year long.

Problem is that unless the wheels really come off...that luck brought Bohl a couple career highlight wins. Unless we lose out, attendance absolutely tanks, and the CJC starts saber-rattling at Burman, Bohl isn't going anywhere and I highly doubt there's gonna be major staff changes (Grant should've been fired years ago, but instead got promoted....tells you all you need to know).

This is [mostly] pure speculation, but I don't think Bohl even looks at or cares about statistics and analytics, especially when he's winning. Then he seems shocked when it finally bites him in the a** in big losses.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:15 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:01 pm

Look where Wyoming ranks in the NCAA in punt and kick returns.
Before he was dismissed, I always thought DQ should be fielding both. Of course, when was the last time a Craig Bohl team had a dynamic punt & kick returner? NEVER.
Forget dynamic, I can't remember when we had a returner who was even able to consistently make the right call on fair catching vs. letting punts go over their head. It's like they are flipping a coin sometimes.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:33 pm

Before he was dismissed, I always thought DQ should be fielding both. Of course, when was the last time a Craig Bohl team had a dynamic punt & kick returner? NEVER.
Forget dynamic, I can't remember when we had a returner who was even able to consistently make the right call on fair catching vs. letting punts go over their head. It's like they are flipping a coin sometimes.

You have wonder if it is the player or the coaching. It could be both.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:33 pm

The dude didn't catch either punt we forced at Boise. He should have caught them both. Special teams other than Hoyland have been an abomination for years.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Yikes.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Thank goodness the mwc dregs like NV, usu, etc should keep us in the middle of the pack despite Bohl's offense and st
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:57 am despite Bohl's offense and st
Add defense to that list. That's the disturbing part...we don't even have the vaunted Bohl defense that usually gets him a pass.
We're still top 4 in the MWC in total defense, pass defense, and points overall, but we're actually sliding backwards pretty fast....and we're an abysmal 10th in the MWC in rush defense.

When you have an offense and ST that are this bad, you damned well better have a consistently top 2 defense in the league all the way around....and we don't.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:39 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:57 am despite Bohl's offense and st
Add defense to that list. That's the disturbing part...we don't even have the vaunted Bohl defense that usually gets him a pass.
We're still top 4 in the MWC in total defense, pass defense, and points overall, but we're actually sliding backwards pretty fast....and we're an abysmal 10th in the MWC in rush defense.

When you have an offense and ST that are this bad, you damned well better have a consistently top 2 defense in the league all the way around....and we don't.
The rush defense part is so disturbing to me. That was supposed to be our strength. DL and LBs. DL has massively disappointed. They get pushed around nearly every play and never get much penetration or pressure. They have massively regressed. I have never in my life see us stop the run worse vs AF. Tea

I know occasionally we play three down lineman and I know Bohl is not a fan of that.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:31 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:39 am

The rush defense part is so disturbing to me. That was supposed to be our strength. DL and LBs. DL has massively disappointed. They get pushed around nearly every play and never get much penetration or pressure. They have massively regressed. I have never in my life see us stop the run worse vs AF. Tea

I know occasionally we play three down lineman and I know Bohl is not a fan of that.
In addition to the poor rush defense, we are getting the qb pressures that I thought we would. Unless we blitz, the opposing qb seems to have all day to throw. That could kill us friday night. csewe can throw the ball.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:01 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:31 am

In addition to the poor rush defense, we are getting the qb pressures that I thought we would. Unless we blitz, the opposing qb seems to have all day to throw. That could kill us friday night. csewe can throw the ball.
Probably not as well in 30 mph winds, with 40 mph gusts...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...