AF prediction...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:35 pm I don't get the pessimism.
- AF isn't better than last year, and we are.
- we didn't need Waylee to beat Texas Tech. Scott and Ferrell are good enough to beat AF.
- they have played, as usual, an embarrassingly weak schedule.
- our defense plays AF better than any team in the country.

Turnovers could change the outcome, of course. But we survived one last year. 2 or more would be a problem.

24-14 Wyoming
I like it!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I just have a gut feeling we get it done in this game. Even putting the spread aside, if you look around I think there has been some bulletin board material coming out of the Zoomies and their players. Bohl will never say it publicly but you can bet that the team is using this.

Pokes 23 Zoomies 20
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

31-28 Wyo

Tight game throughout, but i think we showed a lot against Fresno last week. That is the key to us making the plays to win.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Predicting this game is nearly impossible, because we haven't really seen AFA play anyone that's a real threat to win to MWC or a good team by any stretch.

Statistically, they're better than us in almost every category, but using EPSN's FPI, we've played the #29 SoS in the country compared to AFA's #132.

We're 5-3 overall against them under Bohl, but we're 1-3 against them in the Springs...and every game (both home and away) is a tough one.

We're a more dynamic team, maybe even better overall in a few ways...but they're coming off a bye week, we're in the middle of a meatgrinder of a schedule.

We're going to have an absent or severely limited Waylee, but we do get Harsh back.

There's so many qualifiers here both ways that I don't know how you can make any predictions with any kind of actual confidence.

It's gonna be a 17-14 type game, but who's got the 17 is honestly anyone's guess.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Their dismantling of usu is better than it looks based on usu's record, imo.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:22 am Their dismantling of usu is better than it looks based on usu's record, imo.
They smashed SDSU as well. Sure, SDSU is 2-4, but they lost by 3 to Boise, and played Oregon State closer than the 26-9 score would indicate.

Air Force has indeed had an easier schedule than us, and they were awful vs Sam Houston... but they're still undefeated, they've had an extra week to prepare against us, and they're pretty healthy. They almost always find a way to injure one of our key players, and we're already missing our best one, most likely.

Obviously I hope we win and up ranked as a consequence, but it's going to be a tall task.