DQ Dismissed

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Probably told Bohl his offense sucks
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Heard about this last night.. his dad had a tweet up (before he locked his acct) about "you know that culture in Laramie.." Was a weird tweet, not surprising.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Grades? wth could be the reason??
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Rumor has it that he got into some trouble this spring / summer in Laramie. Apparently it didn't have anything to do with Laramie, Wyoming, Cowboy Football, it was all him and a personal situation. His dismissal based on that, was likely overdue, and I wish him luck wherever he ends up.
Last edited by McPeachy on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

its the rb coach. not a good dude, but is a craig bohl favorite. jus follow the attrition at the position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

PokesNCider wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 am its the rb coach. not a good dude, but is a craig bohl favorite. jus follow the attrition at the position.
9 months since you posted last and you're back here to bring us your "NCider" information on this story within 20 minutes. Welcome back i guess!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

PokesNCider wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 am its the rb coach. not a good dude, but is a craig bohl favorite. jus follow the attrition at the position.
Laughable. James wasn't going to see any playing time. Swen was dismissed for publicly criticizing the play calling last year. Valladay hit the portal.
The running back position is the only bright spot of this offense year after year. In fact, this year, it's never been stronger.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Maybe we'll see Sam Scott again.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:02 am Maybe we'll see Sam Scott again.
I sure hope so. I thought that Sam should have gotten the carries that DQ was getting at Texas and against App state anyway. That's my :twocents:
I felt like DQ never really fit with what Bohl does in the running game. I would bet DQ will fit great with a spread team because he is small, fast and shifty. Bohl runs downhill a lot between the tackles.

Good luck to DQ in the future. He seems like he has a great personality. He will hopefully land on his feet and have a great career somewhere else.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Now he is saying he wasn't dismissed, but merely entered the portal
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Such BS. The RB coach is the reason for most of the RBs coming. James is just another one of the list of players that just couldn't cut in Laramie. Attrition is inevitable with these guys. DQ had one good game and, other than that, goes down if a pillow grazes him.

It's the same story over and over again. Anonymous people have all of the answers, and to this day, still won't give interviews to media on why players are leaving. Quick to blame Bohl and Linder, but no accountability on entitled players being soft nowadays.

All the RBs who left last year have up and vanished like a fart in the Laramie wind.

Best wishes to DQ...but he wasn't breaking in to be a difference maker on this team. And, although Pease's pass was behind him, DQ's final play as a Cowboy was a hot potato catch that he basically threw in the air for a pick six.

Transfer portal goes both ways. Enjoy CSU-Pueblo.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

DQs aunt is on FB crying Bohl is racist and the reason for DQs departure. I liked DQ, was a fan. I highly doubt Bohl is racist. That’s not something I’ve heard before. Nonetheless I wish DQ the best.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:30 pm DQs aunt is on FB crying Bohl is racist and the reason for DQs departure. I liked DQ, was a fan. I highly doubt Bohl is racist. That’s not something I’ve heard before. Nonetheless I wish DQ the best.
Aaaahhh.....of course. The racial card. Makes sense. You know, since he is the only black player on the team. 🙄.

He, like others (including fans), hear stuff within the team and players too. Here are some facts:
1) Bohl is a crusty old man. Even people I know that have connections to the team admit this. He is a hard A. And sometimes a pain to play for. But, for the most part, I think players like playing for him..
2) His thinking is kind of archaic, but he is trying to adjust
3) He doesn't put up with drama

Many players who leave talk big on all that our coaches do wrong, but NEVER provide evidence or proof. And often times fall under the #3 from above. #liveliferegardless
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:30 pm DQs aunt is on FB crying Bohl is racist and the reason for DQs departure. I liked DQ, was a fan. I highly doubt Bohl is racist. That’s not something I’ve heard before. Nonetheless I wish DQ the best.
Rather interesting accusation considering Bohl put Grant AND Giles as Associate Head Coaches. That's not exactly "token black guy" positions.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I hope our fanbase has learned enough by this point to ignore former players family members social media rants.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

She better be careful, that is quite slanderous. Is she that stupid to not see she could really ruin her nephew by putting poop out there like that?
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:36 am
I hope our fanbase has learned enough by this point to ignore former players family members social media rants.
Agree, but it sure wants me to defend the truth, and put people that post garbage in their place. :thumbdown:
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

The timing is such that he preserves a year of eligibility. I think he wasn't happy about how things are going. Neither would I. Think I could have made almost as many yards given the same opportunities. He should go be a slot receiver which I think he would excel at.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 am The timing is such that he preserves a year of eligibility. I think he wasn't happy about how things are going. Neither would I. Think I could have made almost as many yards given the same opportunities. He should go be a slot receiver which I think he would excel at.
I tend to agree with this. I had really high hopes for DQ. I thought he could break some runs open, take some screens to the house or just make something happen with a check down. Didn’t see much of that this year and goes down easy. I think his lack of touches probably upset him and it’s likely he went off on one of the coaches. Hell, just like the “insider” said, it probably was the rb coach. They’re all hardasses dealing with kids. They’re not going to take one of them coming in and telling them how it is. I can hear, “if that’s how you feel, there’s the door”. that’s what would happen if I did that at work. Serious “I didn’t get fired, I quit” vibes.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 am The timing is such that he preserves a year of eligibility. I think he wasn't happy about how things are going. Neither would I. Think I could have made almost as many yards given the same opportunities. He should go be a slot receiver which I think he would excel at.
I tend to agree with this. I had really high hopes for DQ. I thought he could break some runs open, take some screens to the house or just make something happen with a check down. Didn’t see much of that this year and goes down easy. I think his lack of touches probably upset him and it’s likely he went off on one of the coaches. Hell, just like the “insider” said, it probably was the rb coach. They’re all hardasses dealing with kids. They’re not going to take one of them coming in and telling them how it is. I can hear, “if that’s how you feel, there’s the door”. that’s what would happen if I did that at work. Serious “I didn’t get fired, I quit” vibes.
It's comical that the coaches couldn't get him the ball in better spots. Run the midget up the middle. geez. And when we tried something Peasley throws an awful pass that gets picked for 6.