Wyoming @ Texas 9/16/23 - How to watch

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

I'm finding a path to watch this game and its a pain in the ass. I'm laying this out to figure out what works and what doesnt.

No particular order.

Radio
Cowboy Radio Network (thats from gowyo.com, not sure why it isn't Cowboy Sports Radio Network.....)
List of stations: https://gowyo.com/sports/2016/6/30/_131 ... 26317.aspx

TV
Longhorn Network.

YouTube TV: No

Hulu TV: No

FuboTv: No (someone suggested I sign up, couldn't find it, found this tidbit https://thestreamable.com/channels/longhorn-network - which I doubt the accuracy.) EDIT: See below - maybe a Free trial of Fubu + ESPN App could work.

ESPN App: Need a cable tv provider carrying LHN to authenticate you have access. No. EDIT: See below - there might be a free hack by COS Cowboy viewtopic.php?p=273481#p273481. Not sure if it works, but it could be a cost effective way to view the game.

Comcast + ESPN App: bladerunner reports this configuration works.

streameast.app: Zapoke & Laxwyo report it is available here. Not sure if this works or not (never used them and I decided to go with Sling before it was posted)

Sportsurge.net: Reported by jbone. Streams are a crapshoot, and the ads can be obnoxious. It's an option, though.
Fubo TV & ESPN App: If you have Fubo, Cos Cowboy reports that you can select FuboTV as your provider in the ESPN app

SlingTV: Promotion - everything is discounted first month. $20 base price plus $11 to add the sports package that includes LHN. Looking elsewhere. ($31 to watch a game seems ridiculous) MAKE SURE IT IS ORANGE + SPORTS otherwise you'll have to contact support so you don't end up paying like $90 for this game.

Other than that, I'm guessing the big cable co's such as Spectrum/Comcast/etc probably have it as an addon. I have had great luck with YouTube TV for sports the last few years. While I'm no fan of google, I like them better than the incumbent cable monopolies.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Outlaw Arthur Morgan on Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

It appears that you might be able to watch on the ESPN app. Longhorn network is a partnership with ESPN. But it may be that your cable provider has to carry Longhorn for it to work
Last edited by ZapPoke on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:02 am It appears that you might be able to watch on the ESPN app. Longhorn network is a partnership with ESPN
TLDR; ESPN app only works if you have a cable tv provider that has LHN.

Let me look. They get tricky with that old school "stream live, but select your tv provider" bs that has mostly been obsoleted for the last few years. I'll update when I find out. Nope - need a supported provider https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -ESPN-app-

http://www.espn.com/longhornnetwork/faq#3
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

Sling TV is the front runner at the moment. I'll see if I feel like burning $31 to watch the game or not. If anyone else finds something, let me know.

I guess $31 is probably cheaper than two tickets at home, and certainly cheaper than 2 tickets + travel. My hangup is probably a few pennies make it back to Wyoming.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:11 am Sling TV is the front runner at the moment. I'll see if I feel like burning $31 to watch the game or not. If anyone else finds something, let me know.

I guess $31 is probably cheaper than two tickets at home, and certainly cheaper than 2 tickets + travel. My hangup is probably a few pennies make it back to Wyoming.
Thanks for the detailed opening post, and finding the same things as you. Looks like Sling TV with a cost of $31 for this one game or radio appear to be the only options from what I can find.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:57 pm
Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:11 am Sling TV is the front runner at the moment. I'll see if I feel like burning $31 to watch the game or not. If anyone else finds something, let me know.

Thanks for the detailed opening post, and finding the same things as you. Looks like Sling TV with a cost of $31 for this one game or radio appear to be the only options from what I can find.
Make sure to do the Orange + Sports. Blue + sports will not contain LHN. Not sure what I misclicked along the way but I was pissed off for a bit. I haven't found any cheaper options, or any other online streaming options. I'm sure there will be a pirate stream up somewhere. I just didn't want to bet the house on that.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Streameast.xyz
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:11 pmStreameast.xyz
I don’t see our game listed there, but I do see it on streameast.app.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Not on Fubo, but you can go to the ESPN app and use Fubo as your TV provider.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Been liked: 16 times

COS Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:40 pm Not on Fubo, but you can go to the ESPN app and use Fubo as your TV provider.
Does it let you watch longhorn network on ESPN app if fubo is used as TV provider?

Fubo offers a 7 day free trial
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

Sportsurge.net

Streams are a crapshoot, and the ads can be obnoxious. It's an option, though.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

If you're a comcast subscriber, you can stream for free on the ESPN app.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

Looks like Keith and Kevin for me.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:56 pm
COS Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:40 pm Not on Fubo, but you can go to the ESPN app and use Fubo as your TV provider.
Does it let you watch longhorn network on ESPN app if fubo is used as TV provider?

Fubo offers a 7 day free trial
It did not work.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:01 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:11 pmStreameast.xyz
We’re watching on streameast
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:54 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:01 pm

We’re watching on streameast
I was but started getting virus pop ups
Sgoharley
Buckaroo

I have it on Direct TV streaming. You have to do a preview account and then sign up for the extra sports program to get the Longhorn Network.