Hunter Maldonado statement today

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/DRESRF38rx">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Hunter Maldonado (@therealhunter24) <a href=" 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Wow, spot on! That is a guy that I want working with me someday. Takes accountability and tells truth.

Everything he said is completely right. We aren't entitled to all the answers and persons spreading rumors of the coach hitting players (without actual knowledge) is complete bs.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I hope Maldo knows that there are true fans who respect him as a player and even more as a person.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

He’s one of my all time favorite Pokes. We need a bench full of Maldo types. The ones criticizing Linder and the program, can……..
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Did I misread it, or did he take a shot at the fanbase? I guess that is deserved for the most part...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:13 pm Did I misread it, or did he take a shot at the fanbase? I guess that is deserved for the most part...
Seems like he took a little shot at the fan base...
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:27 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:13 pm Did I misread it, or did he take a shot at the fanbase? I guess that is deserved for the most part...
If the shoe fits....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

It's funny to me that players still think that the people in their DMs are wyoming fans. Fans are allowed to criticize players. I don't agree with getting in their DMs but I think it's probably gamblers or other school fans f-word with them. There's probably a few wyo crazies but he acts like receiving a few messages is somehow indicative of the fanbase. If he ever goes to the NBA his DMs will be filled with worse. I like what he said about coach and statement overall is pretty good.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:31 pm

If the shoe fits....
Not sure what was said personally to him - he should keep that personal instead of painting the fan base with a very broad brush. It was mildly off putting. Imo. He must realize that coming off a season where we were DFL will bring some negativity. The stuff about Linder was good though
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:23 pm

If the shoe fits....
Not sure what was said personally to him - he should keep that personal instead of painting the fan base with a very broad brush. It was mildly off putting. Imo. He must realize that coming off a season where we were DFL will bring some negativity. The stuff about Linder was good though
He put a hell of a lot more effort into this season than I did. So I'll take the man at his word. Everyone on this board (me included) shared their opinion on his performance. I'm not surprised he shared his opinion about us. I think he was way more tactful than most of the fans were.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

It was a fair shot.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

If the shoe fits....
LOL - ok.

I am critical of Linder, Burman, Bohl, etc. I am an alum, a fan, and a booster (I put my money where my mouth is). Fans are entitled to their opinions, and are also entitled to share those opinions on whatever platform they wish. Sometimes they are wrong - and if so, need to come clean. But it sure as hell goes both ways. Don't broad brush me, thank you very much.

I am not sure there are any posters on this board that spend the money and time that I do every year with Wyoming Athletics. I have an enormous amount of pride in Wyoming and the University. If the fart smells, I am going to say something, like it or not. So yes, it seems to me he took a shot at the entire fanbase, not just the select few former aholes from California that are trashing everything Wyoming (and likely the ones he is referring to that DM him / others).

That's all, hope you are ok with that.
Last edited by McPeachy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:44 am

It was a fair shot.
Absolutely was a fair shot, not debating that at all.
Dear Karma,

Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm It's funny to me that players still think that the people in their DMs are wyoming fans. Fans are allowed to criticize players. I don't agree with getting in their DMs but I think it's probably gamblers or other school fans f-word with them. There's probably a few wyo crazies but he acts like receiving a few messages is somehow indicative of the fanbase. If he ever goes to the NBA his DMs will be filled with worse. I like what he said about coach and statement overall is pretty good.
"I got hateful Sh*t flung at me in my DMs by people disagreeing with me, so that discredits all the people disagreeing with me" is one of the lowest form of arguments that you see a lot these days (politics, sports, media in general). Not saying Maldo does that exactly here, but it gives the online knuckle-draggers way more power/credit than they deserve (which is none). Also, like you I am quite confident that 99% of people who would go into a college kids DMs and spew that garbage are just lowlife degenerate gamblers.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm It's funny to me that players still think that the people in their DMs are wyoming fans. Fans are allowed to criticize players. I don't agree with getting in their DMs but I think it's probably gamblers or other school fans f-word with them. There's probably a few wyo crazies but he acts like receiving a few messages is somehow indicative of the fanbase. If he ever goes to the NBA his DMs will be filled with worse. I like what he said about coach and statement overall is pretty good.
"I got hateful Sh*t flung at me in my DMs by people disagreeing with me, so that discredits all the people disagreeing with me" is one of the lowest form of arguments that you see a lot these days (politics, sports, media in general). Not saying Maldo does that exactly here, but it gives the online knuckle-draggers way more power/credit than they deserve (which is none). Also, like you I am quite confident that 99% of people who would go into a college kids DMs and spew that garbage are just lowlife degenerate gamblers.
I don't believe it is limited to degenerate gamblers. There are jerks and unreasonable folks in every fanbase (and we can all become heated, passionate and unreasonable at times). I don't think these kind of messages are even limited to DMs. I've seen similar messages posted directly to Twitter/instragram/etc..