Pokes schedule home-and-home with Cal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

In Laramie September 2, 2028
Traveling to Berkley September 8, 2029

https://fbschedules.com/wyoming-califor ... ll-series/
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

Last time, and only other time, we played the Golden Bears was in the 1990 Copper Bowl. Pokes lost 17-15 in Paul Roach's last game as head coach. Minutes after the game ended, parents came home from a trip telling me we had to hi-tail it to Oklahoma City to find a house.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Excellent series! Nice work, Burman. Say what you want about Burman (can't manage a basketball program worth a crap), but he can sure schedule for football.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Why was the Texas Tech road trip in 2020 moved to 2028?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:47 pm Excellent series! Nice work, Burman. Say what you want about Burman (can't manage a basketball program worth a crap), but he can sure schedule for football.
Can someone get in his ear to schedule some football and basketball with the U of Minnesota? The Gophers have played several Mtn West teams recently but Wyo can't make the schedule. I will be in line to buy tickets for sure. Heck, in his postgame presser on Sat night Bohl referred to Mizzou as Minnesota before correcting himself. Wyoming has historically had some great recruits come out of MN, and Bohl having coached in Fargo is well aware of the talent here. Hmm, maybe that is why the Gophers won't do it (that and the fear of 7220')!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MN_Poke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:36 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:47 pm Excellent series! Nice work, Burman. Say what you want about Burman (can't manage a basketball program worth a crap), but he can sure schedule for football.
Can someone get in his ear to schedule some football and basketball with the U of Minnesota? The Gophers have played several Mtn West teams recently but Wyo can't make the schedule. I will be in line to buy tickets for sure. Heck, in his postgame presser on Sat night Bohl referred to Mizzou as Minnesota before correcting himself. Wyoming has historically had some great recruits come out of MN, and Bohl having coached in Fargo is well aware of the talent here. Hmm, maybe that is why the Gophers won't do it (that and the fear of 7220')!
Incidentally, we did play the Gophers but that was in 1946 in Minneapolis. Of course, we lost, 46-0.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:45 pm Last time, and only other time, we played the Golden Bears was in the 1990 Copper Bowl. Pokes lost 17-15 in Paul Roach's last game as head coach. Minutes after the game ended, parents came home from a trip telling me we had to hi-tail it to Oklahoma City to find a house.
That had to be the worst day of your life
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 pm
MN_Poke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:36 pm
Incidentally, we did play the Gophers but that was in 1946 in Minneapolis. Of course, we lost, 46-0.
Yeah, I'm surprised these two programs haven't played more than once.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:31 pm
Wyokie wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:45 pm Last time, and only other time, we played the Golden Bears was in the 1990 Copper Bowl. Pokes lost 17-15 in Paul Roach's last game as head coach. Minutes after the game ended, parents came home from a trip telling me we had to hi-tail it to Oklahoma City to find a house.
That had to be the worst day of your life
Yep!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Scheduling a Pac-12 team is always a good thing for a MWC team. At least right now while the PAC-12 is down but could be a different story in the next decade. Although Cal might drop football before this game ever happens as they find football offensive. They don't call it Bezerkly for nothing.
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

So, where'd they bury the body then?

On a more serious note, that's a good get. And, like others, surprised we haven't played the golden rats either.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm
So, where'd they bury the body then?

On a more serious note, that's a good get. And, like others, surprised we haven't played the golden rats either.
I'm an historian and I read the year-by-year section of the Wyoming football media guides religiously. Plus I have a great memory.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Also of note, we also have a home and home scheduled with Louisiana-Lafayette, 2020 and 2026 (I think..)
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:09 pm Also of note, we also have a home and home scheduled with Louisiana-Lafayette, 2020 and 2026 (I think..)
We do and the road trip to Lafayette, LA in 2020 replaces the trip to Lubbock to play Texas Tech which got moved to 2028.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:09 pm Also of note, we also have a home and home scheduled with Louisiana-Lafayette, 2020 and 2026 (I think..)
If anyone is wondering, we have played ULL before...back in 1991 we beat them 28-15 in Laramie. At the time, ULL was known as Southwestern Louisiana. The university changed it's name in September of 1999. Prior to the name change, there were no universities in Louisiana called University of Louisiana. No idea why. All the other states have at least one University of (whatever state).
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

I like this. It's good for our program to play P5 schools. Being that it is years out, who knows where each of us will be in terms of team strength.