I'm so excited! This weekend could be awesome!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I'm so excited because the weekend could be awesome!!! If the Pokes play AFA close like they always seem to, and pull out a victory, we are looking at a great season! Cause if we can beat AFA, then that means we should have a shot at BYU and Utah, and favored against SDSU. A win means this team is sitting in good position to go to another bowl game, which would be another step up the building a program ladder.

Also, Nevada could very well knock off BYU which would be good for several reasons, (future MWC team beating a defector, BYU losing in general, etc) but the most important to me is that it will help UW in postseason positioning for bowl games. With only 5 MWC tie-ins and no guarantee a MWC team will go undefeated and get a BCS game, we not only need to get bowl eligible but make sure we are the clear cut 5th choice at least.....and at this point a Nevada win over BYU helps.

Also, I am rooting for Utah State to upset SDSU...again all about bowl positioning. We very well could end up with the same record as SDSU and get left out of a bowl game, so I am breaking ranks and rooting for a WAC win in that game.

This could be a great weekend for the Pokes. An AFA win infers WAAAAAAY more success than an AFA loss spells doom. If we lose that picture could be painted vs Toledo though, but that is a week away. I see this weekend as a huge opportunity to feel great about my Pokes. I will be very interested in all 3 of the above mentioned games.

Finally, it is just me? or is AFA every MWC fan's 2nd favorite team? Calhoun their second favorite coach? That is a school that is easy to root for every weekend but one, the week they play you...If my kids ever chose to go to another MWC school, AFA is the only one that would be acceptable with me. GO POKES, AND FOR GOD'S SAKE HANG ON TO THE FOOTBALL BECAUSE OFFICIALS LOVE TO LET THE GROUND CAUSE FUMBLES AGAINST AFA, AND LOVE TO LET AFA KICK THE BALL FROM OUR HANDS! THESE HORRIBLE FUMBLES CALLS HAVE COST US SEVERALS GAMES VS AFA....WE ARE DUE A FEW BREAKS.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

This game is indeed huge for us, and could turn the season around for real. Meanwhile, we're obviously not expected to win, and won't HAVE to win to get to 6-6.

I agree with you about Air Force, too. It's hard to not cheer for a service academy, though, unless you're a terrorist/hippie ;)

Also, Air Force football has been a lot more fun to watch as of late. I loved watching them moving the ball on BYU. Loved it even more when they played the little Good Bye song for them.

Cowboys - Air Force is one of my favorite yearly matchups, and really the only game I don't get extremely upset when we lose.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I disagree that SDSU poses any sort of threat to our bowl bid aside from beating us on the field. The only bowl they make over us is the Poinsetta. Also unless BYU is 5-7 or worse, they will always get picked ahead of us.

I like the optimism, right now, I'm just worried about the team playing better than our bowl chances.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't know if we can beat them, but like you said calpoke we are due for a few breaks in this serires. Those fumble calls really pissed me off, and please no pulling a wynel seldon and fumbling the ball on the five yard line.

I am looking foward to byu getting their ass kicked by nevada.
roozy
Ranch Hand

AFA, Army and Navy are always on my "root for" list. Unless of course they are playing the Pokes. Or playing each other, then my order goes Navy, AFA, Army.

My 8th grader suddenly this year has interest in AFA. I do hope he is serious and pulls his grades where they should be and will have to be for consideration. Nothing like one of the top notch educations of the country for such a cheap student loan repayment plan.

GO POKES, MIDSHIPMAN, FALCONS, CADETS
Jesus First, then football
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

What time does Tailgate Park open this morning?
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I think it opened at 8:00 am

from @cowboyjoeclub

"Tailgating open at 8, gates open at 10, kick-off at 12"
God is a Cowboy