Is anyone really surprised at this point?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Or did you find out that your degree in Bozeman will only get you a job at the local mac shack?
Hate to break it to you, but every degree (except nursing, teaching, engineering) is basically worthless now with the influx of retards into college under the idea that "everyone should get an education." What gives you this idea that I have a cow-s##t major? The college of ag is a joke at MSU and UW, and any one who majors in something related to that if wasting their money. If you want to rip on ag, you're talking to the wrong person, I'll be right there with you.
On the football point, at each's respective level, MSU has had more success than UW by far. 3 national championships and a number of conference championships. MSU still has more championships than Um. UM has more conference championships though. UW hasn't won a national championship, and maybe two conference championships. It's impossible to know if MSU would've had more success than UW if they were at the same level since they weren't. Given what they've done in their respective levels, MSU and UM are leaps and bounds ahead of UW. Hell, Idaho St. is too.
Dude don't tell me your this stupid? please? How can you say that UM and MSU is better if we cannot compare due to the fact that we're at different levels? This goes both ways. you just stated its impossible to know if MSU could be more successful than us since we're in a different level. But your still at your level, so how is any of the Idaho st's UM and MSU's leaps and bounds ahead of UW/ Because if we were in your level we might be the powerhouse. In fact we were at the same level from 1948 to 1961. Guess what? We dominated. 99-32-7. Played Montana 10 times and won them all. that's right 10-0. By a combined score of 330-47. Wyoming also played MSU 3 times in that span. Won all three. Combined score 155-25. Well, there you have it we played on the same level and we dominated you. The Skyline conference became the Big Sky.
You really need to read the whole quote.
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
msuhunter wrote:The point I was making about teaching is that one can get a job with a teaching degree right out of college. I agree that compensation is a joke, should'nt be this way, but that's the way it happens I suppose. Thanks for the info on the conferene championships.
Out of curiosity, where? I know a several teachers (with degrees AND experience) who have lost their jobs and are looking. Then again, they could probably find jobs if they were willing to relocate, which is easier said than done when you're not the primary source of income for your family.

Engineering isn't solid either, depending on your field. I know a mechanical engineer who's been looking for over a year now, although he's pretty picky with where to work.

I'm glad I have a Computer Science degree. My job's extremely stable as my company's doing incredible despite the crisis, but if I wanted to actually get a job that paid more (like at HP) there actually are openings now. With family and mortgage to worry about, stable is the way to go, though, even though more money's always tempting. Especially when we're talking an additional $30k/year... oh well :)
Most people I know with teaching degrees had a few job offers once they got done, but the catch was most of them were in podunk little towns (eastern MT, and ND). In the average size cities, the job market is more competitive. Like you stated, the where is a big issue. And great point about stability, most definately the way to go, even before the recession, which we're apparently out of...
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

TwoTone wrote:
msuhunter wrote:(graduating from UM is the equivilant of being the smartest kid with Down's)..
This is uncalled for you f##king piece of s##t. I hope you choke on a dna rifle and die.
No for real I had an uncle with Downs and people like you make me f##king sick.

:thumbdown:
I have a person in the family with it too, so relax. It's an analogy, made out of jest. Had the comment be directed at someone with that, or any disability, that would've been uncalled for. If you're going to be so concerned about PC, I'd watch the deroggator gay slurs you made in your response. But I suppose, that's more than acceptable, in fact encouraged in Wyoming though huh? As long as you don't get caught beating the poop out of them, then you're fine right?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

:troll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

And here is a moderator agreeing too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote::troll:
:deadhorse1:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

sooo, does saying DNFTT technically count as feeding trolls? :?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WYCowboy wrote:And here is a moderator agreeing too.
Make that TWO moderators!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

msuhunter wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Or did you find out that your degree in Bozeman will only get you a job at the local mac shack?
Hate to break it to you, but every degree (except nursing, teaching, engineering) is basically worthless now with the influx of retards into college under the idea that "everyone should get an education." What gives you this idea that I have a cow-s##t major? The college of ag is a joke at MSU and UW, and any one who majors in something related to that if wasting their money. If you want to rip on ag, you're talking to the wrong person, I'll be right there with you.
On the football point, at each's respective level, MSU has had more success than UW by far. 3 national championships and a number of conference championships. MSU still has more championships than Um. UM has more conference championships though. UW hasn't won a national championship, and maybe two conference championships. It's impossible to know if MSU would've had more success than UW if they were at the same level since they weren't. Given what they've done in their respective levels, MSU and UM are leaps and bounds ahead of UW. Hell, Idaho St. is too.
Dude don't tell me your this stupid? please? How can you say that UM and MSU is better if we cannot compare due to the fact that we're at different levels? This goes both ways. you just stated its impossible to know if MSU could be more successful than us since we're in a different level. But your still at your level, so how is any of the Idaho st's UM and MSU's leaps and bounds ahead of UW/ Because if we were in your level we might be the powerhouse. In fact we were at the same level from 1948 to 1961. Guess what? We dominated. 99-32-7. Played Montana 10 times and won them all. that's right 10-0. By a combined score of 330-47. Wyoming also played MSU 3 times in that span. Won all three. Combined score 155-25. Well, there you have it we played on the same level and we dominated you. The Skyline conference became the Big Sky.
Seriously? Tell me what I missed in your "Whole Quote"? I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
I did some checking, and going back to 1945, We are 13-0 against Montana. We are 5-0 against MSU, and I saw up in this thread earlier that someone said we lost to a transition NDSU. We beat them 16-13.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
Seriously? Tell me what I missed in your "Whole Quote"? I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
I did some checking, and going back to 1945, We are 13-0 against Montana. We are 5-0 against MSU, and I saw up in this thread earlier that someone said we lost to a transition NDSU. We beat them 16-13.
I am pretty sure the NDSU comment was directed at Mr. Titleist and was referring to Montana, who lost to NDSU during their transition.

We haven't lost to a FCS (D1-AA) team since that classification was created.