New Uniforms

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

the stripe on the helmet was awesome i liked the jerseys a lot and nike helps recruiting a ton
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

gopokes speaks the truth.. recruits do actually care about what brand is sponsoring..
ImageImageImageImage
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

I personally thought they were awesome. Was told by a guy here in rapid that there was no way nike would ever make them for us. You guys aren't big time enuf to get them he said. I can't wait to see him. I wish they sold them as I would definately buy one.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

If it was good enough for the '68 Sugar Bowl team, it's good enough for me.

BTW, that's Ed Synakowski, the QB that drowned just before the '70 season, holding the ball for Bob.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
The Virginian
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
The Virginian wrote:In their throwback uniforms...

No, they were trying to look like us. The Denver Donkeys weren't established until 1960. Wyoming was 10 years into our glory years. They were jealous of our success. Problem was, they couldn't do crap with Brown and Gold so got rid of them.

dna rifle envy from Denver is all that was.
Denver actually bought those uniforms from a defunct Phoenix, AZ semi-pro team "The Rattlers". It had nothing to do with UW, but a lot of people have clung to the urban myth that Denver bought the uniforms from Wyoming. Not so.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

That magazine cover is bad ass.
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

The Virginian wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

No, they were trying to look like us. The Denver Donkeys weren't established until 1960. Wyoming was 10 years into our glory years. They were jealous of our success. Problem was, they couldn't do crap with Brown and Gold so got rid of them.

Denver actually bought those uniforms from a defunct Phoenix, AZ semi-pro team "The Rattlers". It had nothing to do with UW, but a lot of people have clung to the urban myth that Denver bought the uniforms from Wyoming. Not so.

ummm, the NFL has a strict contract with Reebok for all the uni's, I wuld bet that these were actually brand new when the broncos used them and not second hand equipment at all
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

:eek: :wtf:
ImageImageImageImage
The Virginian
Cowpoke

wyosteelerfan wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

ummm, the NFL has a strict contract with Reebok for all the uni's, I wuld bet that these were actually brand new when the broncos used them and not second hand equipment at all
Ahhhh, I'm talking about the original Broncos uniforms bought in 1959. Not the repo uniforms they wore last year.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I know, just thought it sounded good.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Im all for tradition but I wouldnt mind one bit if they changed up the colors once in a while if nike is sponsoring them. Hell all black with yellow helmets with white steamboat would look badass
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

TwoTone wrote:Im all for tradition but I wouldnt mind one bit if they changed up the colors once in a while if nike is sponsoring them. Hell all black with yellow helmets with white steamboat would look badass
No way. Black isn't one of the school colors. No making "black for black's sake" uniforms!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Big thumbs down on the yellow jerseys. :thumbdown: Not only are they ugly, have we ever won a game wearing yellow jerseys? I can't even remember one where we played well. An no to the yellow steamboat on the helmet as well. The helmet was perfect as it was, shouldn't have ever messed with it.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

TwoTone wrote:Im all for tradition but I wouldnt mind one bit if they changed up the colors once in a while if nike is sponsoring them. Hell all black with yellow helmets with white steamboat would look badass
sooo, the steelers throwback then?

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
The Virginian
Cowpoke

COS Cowboy wrote:Big thumbs down on the yellow jerseys. :thumbdown: Not only are they ugly, have we ever won a game wearing yellow jerseys? I can't even remember one where we played well. An no to the yellow steamboat on the helmet as well. The helmet was perfect as it was, shouldn't have ever messed with it.
No kidding. Tradition has it's place. Not even Nike was allowed to mess with Penn State's uniforms...

Aaron
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote: No way. Black isn't one of the school colors. No making "black for black's sake" uniforms!
I could care less about it being the school colors every single game. A little variety once in a while makes things fun IMO
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

TwoTone wrote:I could care less about it being the school colors every single game. A little variety once in a while makes things fun IMO
I agree to some extent. Personally I liked the new uniforms last week. I think the options are endless with our colors...and like the change. Things that are stale...are called stale for a reason. There are hundreds of options with White, Brown, Gold, Yellow Gold, Prarie Gold, etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I agree and the pro combat jerseys are a big deal only a handful of teams get them from Nike so I thought it was awesome and recruits see that as I mentioned before