Texas vs Rice highlights

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TexasFight
Buckaroo

Here are the highlights from our first game if you want to watch something.

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7268
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Power running huh? That's what it looked like to me.
TexasFight
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:Power running huh? That's what it looked like to me.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But yeah, we're trying a more Pro Style/Power Running offense. Which most of us are not sold on yet. I don't think we have the OL or the RB's. Cody Johnson started against Rice and was underwhelming, but will not be starting Saturday. Tre Newton will be. I understand they want to up the running game. But we were 25-2 without it the last two years, so, whatever.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

TexasFight wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Power running huh? That's what it looked like to me.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But yeah, we're trying a more Pro Style/Power Running offense. Which most of us are not sold on yet. I don't think we have the OL or the RB's. Cody Johnson started against Rice and was underwhelming, but will not be starting Saturday. Tre Newton will be. I understand they want to up the running game. But we were 25-2 without it the last two years, so, whatever.
Not being sarcastic, just observant, because I noticed that none of the RBs were really trying to zip through the lines, but more "punch" down the middle.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Considering that we gave up almost 200 yards on the ground to Southern Utah, I have a feeling a power run game is a rather safe option for Texas. Unless of course we showed something last Saturday that won't be in our normal week-to-week games.

I'd be happy if our offense actually managed to move the ball and score one or two touchdowns this time around, though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Considering that we gave up almost 200 yards on the ground to Southern Utah, I have a feeling a power run game is a rather safe option for Texas. Unless of course we showed something last Saturday that won't be in our normal week-to-week games.

I'd be happy if our offense actually managed to move the ball and score one or two touchdowns this time around, though.
They only blitzed a handful of times the entire game (you could count them on your hand and still have fingers left over). The LBs sat in zone most of the game, so that would explain a few things. The missed tackles are what concerns me, though SUU used a more speed running game then power, but I still hpoe that DC gets the tackling up.