Nice F**kin Ethics Troy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

What a weird dude.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Agree. Not a likeable guy.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Dave Christiansen summed him up perfectly:

Look at me, Mr. Feckin' Howdy Doody! You have no feckin' ethics, Troy! No feckin' integrity! Whooooooo!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

How is that unethical, nobody knows why he is doing that.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I read an article that said they don't have a defensive coordinator. It's not that they're refusing to divulge a hire, it's that they didn't make a hire. That's even more strange in my opinion.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

castlerocker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:09 am How is that unethical, nobody knows why he is doing that.
Im just always looking for an excuse to drop a line from that rant
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

castlerocker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:09 am How is that unethical, nobody knows why he is doing that.
It lacks integrity in my opinion. You work at a public institution (more importantly a military academy) but can't just be honest and forthcoming as to whether the team has hired a defensive coordinator, and, if so, who is it. I get that the assistants at Air Force are paid with private funds but just be honest and stop playing hide the ball. I believe he acts like a clown and it reflects poorly on Air Force...just the same as I thought Christensen conducted himself poorly and it reflected poorly on Wyoming.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I miss having Fisher DeBerry at AFA.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm I miss having Fisher DeBerry at AFA.
Agreed, class act and had some very successful teams with less-than-ideal talent.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I've talked with former AFAplayers (current AF officers) that played in that infamous Howdy Doody game. Troy did have his qb fake the injury.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm Agreed, class act and had some very successful teams with less-than-ideal talent.
Well, class act until the last few years. Got a little racist towards the end.
On Tuesday, in discussing last weekend's 48-10 loss to TCU,
DeBerry said it was clear TCU "had a lot more Afro-American
players than we did and they ran a lot faster than we did."

"It just seems to me to be that way," he said. "Afro-American
kids can run very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and
other descents can't run, but it's very obvious to me that they run
extremely well."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm Agreed, class act and had some very successful teams with less-than-ideal talent.
Well, class act until the last few years. Got a little racist towards the end.
On Tuesday, in discussing last weekend's 48-10 loss to TCU,
DeBerry said it was clear TCU "had a lot more Afro-American
players than we did and they ran a lot faster than we did."

"It just seems to me to be that way," he said. "Afro-American
kids can run very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and
other descents can't run, but it's very obvious to me that they run
extremely well."
LOL Kinda reminds me of the comments made by Jimmy "The Greek" that got him fired by CBS in the late '80s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm I've talked with former AFAplayers (current AF officers) that played in that infamous Howdy Doody game. Troy did have his qb fake the injury.
Oh for sure. Howdy Doody is a clown. That rant was embarrassing, but at the same time freaking hilarious. Very memorable, to say the least
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am I read an article that said they don't have a defensive coordinator. It's not that they're refusing to divulge a hire, it's that they didn't make a hire. That's even more strange in my opinion.
That's what I'm leaning towards. Calhoun just wants to save face because he screwed up. He probably thought he had a deal in place with a particular coach that fell through and now they are scrambling. You know kinda like how it was guaranteed we were getting some QB transfer ;)
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm I've talked with former AFAplayers (current AF officers) that played in that infamous Howdy Doody game. Troy did have his qb fake the injury.
Of course he did. That was evident to everyone in the stands when he (Howdy Doody) and all the other coaches were signaling for the QB to kneel down as the clock was running. Not sure Dickface's reaction at the end was totally warranted, but I understand there was a lot of talk prior to what was captured.

I kind of wished they (Howdy Doody & Dickface) would have thrown down. That would have been spectacular, and I am somewhat certain Dickface would have won.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

It really bugged me how the media gave Calhoun a pass on that because of DC's outburst. I don't recall him ever being asked directly by anyone if he had his qb fake it, which would've at least forced him to lie and made him look like an asshole. Not to mention breaking whatever their code is at AF. If I recall though, the game wasn't televised so that didn't help.

And like many I still find the rant as hilarious as the day it happened. If you're having a bad day, find the remix version where the guy sings everything DC said real slow and high pitched...if you're not laughing after that you need to find your sense of humor.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Anyone watching the game, including the people sitting around me in real time, could see it was an obvious faked injury. Changed the course of that game.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Troy Calhoun is trash. It did change the course of the game, and the next year he sat on the rules committee and changed/ or tried to change the rules for a runoff on injuries because he was exposed. It’s getting up there in seasons ago but a player (Wade Betschart maybe? A FB/TE/HB in the Glenn years?) was cut up by Air Force helmets ( ie sharpened clips, certs, or something). Glenn turned it in to the NCAA. He’s a dirty coach.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:06 pm Anyone watching the game, including the people sitting around me in real time, could see it was an obvious faked injury. Changed the course of that game.
Was at that game in a driving rain and if I saw that in the stands it musta been something and I had a few, lol