Coming to the game!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

We are pumped up and excited to be heading to Laramie for the opener tomorrow! We live just southwest of Houston and were at Reliant stadium last night to watch, and cheer on, Mitch Unrein in his quest to make the Texans team. He looked sharp but playing time was not extensive and the Texans are loaded on the 'D' line. We're hopin' though!

We have had tickets for the UW-Texas game for months but just two days ago decided to head for Laramie for the opener! We fly out of Houston at noon and should be in Laramie by 3:30!

How many are expected for the opener? I sure envy you folks who are within a hundred miles or so. Let the excitement flow and tell us your plans for being there, whether you live in Laramie, are driving in, or are flying in. GO COWBOYS!!!! :D
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

southtexas wrote:We are pumped up and excited to be heading to Laramie for the opener tomorrow! We live just southwest of Houston and were at Reliant stadium last night to watch, and cheer on, Mitch Unrein in his quest to make the Texans team. He looked sharp but playing time was not extensive and the Texans are loaded on the 'D' line. We're hopin' though!

We have had tickets for the UW-Texas game for months but just two days ago decided to head for Laramie for the opener! We fly out of Houston at noon and should be in Laramie by 3:30!

How many are expected for the opener? I sure envy you folks who are within a hundred miles or so. Let the excitement flow and tell us your plans for being there, whether you live in Laramie, are driving in, or are flying in. GO COWBOYS!!!! :D
I've heard they are expecting 18-20 but I wouldn't be surprised to see upwards of 24000 with being a night game, fireworks, high expectation ect... I will be heading to laramie in two weeks to see the upset of the year against BSU! I am jacked! GO POKES hang it on em!
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 110 times

southtexas wrote:We are pumped up and excited to be heading to Laramie for the opener tomorrow! We live just southwest of Houston and were at Reliant stadium last night to watch, and cheer on, Mitch Unrein in his quest to make the Texans team. He looked sharp but playing time was not extensive and the Texans are loaded on the 'D' line. We're hopin' though!

I wouldn't miss it! It's awesome that you decided to come up for the game. I can't wait for tomorrow night! GO POKES!!!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Very cool, guys! Thanks. Ah, the Boise State game! I'd love to be there for that one but hey, I'm stoked about tomorrow night! It's in the air Cowboy fans, it's in the air! Go Cowboys!!!! :D
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they get over 20k. Labor Day weekend means a LOT of students (and others) won't even be in Laramie.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I'll be there. :thumb:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Count two more right here :cool:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WyoNation Tailgate party! I'll be in tailgate park
I'm good for 3!
Portlandpoke
Buckaroo

Making a two week road trip for the Boise and Air Force game. Go Pokes. FU BYU
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Wife and I will be there.
Wayne Kjelsrud
Buckaroo

I was scheduled to work sat. but they changed my schedule and now I will be there wearing my game day gold. GO POKES!!!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

We got to the game and my biggest take away is the outstanding job UW has done in creating a great game day experience. Kudos to UW! My second biggest take away is Southern Utah HAS A CLUB! Impressive.

I was surprised, greatly surprised, at the trouble UW's lines had. The OL was ineffective in creating running holes or in handling the Southern Utah defensive pursuit. The DL was ineffective in stopping the run or putting pressure on S. Utah's qb. UW tackling was poor in general and far too many stops were made by our secondary. If that kind of performance continues we are in for a l-o-n-g and disappointing season. Hopefully, major changes will be made this week.

We'll be in Austin on Saturday and cheering hard for the Pokes but no matter how surprisingly good Southern Utah was, Texas is at a far higher level. I'm hoping that I'm missing something and that we'll be in the game but I have to admit that major concerns have set in.