TX Southern @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This was a real close game and we could have easily lost this game Cody taking a charge at the end of the game resulted in 3 technical fouls at the end of the game Dalton hit 5 of 6 of the free throws and in my mind We escape losing to a 0-10 team that outplayed us for quite a bit of the game.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Same. 18 turnovers is too much. I'm glad to see that we are pulling these wins out in the last few minutes it though (whether we should HAVE to win it in the last few minutes is another thing... shouldn't be finding ourselves in this situation so much). Good to see some resilience out there.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

9 for 31 on 3's isn't going to cut it either. Pokes got lucky on this one. We've all said it before, but this team needs to start working the ball inside a bit more or conference play is going to be a long, hard road. Happy to get the win, but the Pokes need to stop playing down to the level of the competition.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 pm Same. 18 turnovers is too much. I'm glad to see that we are pulling these wins out in the last few minutes it though (whether we should HAVE to win it in the last few minutes is another thing... shouldn't be finding ourselves in this situation so much). Good to see some resilience out there.
Don't know why they can not cut down on the turnovers. Why is it every game we can not play in control, and instead have so many stupid out of control turnovers?
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Have to give props to Texas so though they came to play. Their schedule has been brutal. Played every game so far on the road against some stiff competition.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Gorski shot more than anyone except James and was 3-10 with 3 turnovers. Dalton made 0 shots from the field and had 5 turnovers.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

According to team rankings.com we are ranked 246th in the nation in three point shooting percentage yet, according to NCAA.com we are 18th in 3 point attempts.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am According to team rankings.com we are ranked 246th in the nation in three point shooting percentage yet, according to NCAA.com we are 18th in 3 point attempts.
This tells the story of this team. We aren’t good 3 point shooters, yet we shoot them far too often. Gorski needs to ride the pine. Gorski belongs at half acre, not at the AA. For all the experience this coaching staff brings, it boggles me how they disperse the minutes...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am According to team rankings.com we are ranked 246th in the nation in three point shooting percentage yet, according to NCAA.com we are 18th in 3 point attempts.
This makes me want to vomit
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The only blunder that JJ had last night was at the end of the first half when he took a contested three with 8 sec left.. They come down and drain a three at the buzzer, Really boneheaded to not wait for 3 or less seconds to take a crappy, contested three.

Otherwise GREAT game from JJ. He's dang good offensively and defensively. He manned up on their little dude and got a huge blocked shot. What really impresses me is his rebounding. He's the best rebounding guard that I can remember. Solid. Hopefully his 3 point shot is rounding into shape just in time for conferenve play.

Dalton confuses me so much. He's either on or absent. No in between

Fun game to go to. Crowd had decent energy
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm The only blunder that JJ had last night was at the end of the first half when he took a contested three with 8 sec left.. They come down and drain a three at the buzzer, Really boneheaded to not wait for 3 or less seconds to take a crappy, contested three.

Otherwise GREAT game from JJ. He's dang good offensively and defensively. He manned up on their little dude and got a huge blocked shot. What really impresses me is his rebounding. He's the best rebounding guard that I can remember. Solid. Hopefully his 3 point shot is rounding into shape just in time for conferenve play.

Dalton confuses me so much. He's either on or absent. No in between

Fun game to go to. Crowd had decent energy
I watched online. I think your assessment is pretty accurate. I would also say that Maldonaldo is looking better all the time. He is a really good passer who has great court awareness. I would expect him to be starting before too long.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Just listened to the last 5 mins of this game, (did not go for risk of that freezing rain Sat nite), but from what I gathered this TX So team is/was battle tested and sure gave us a run for our $ and the outcome was helped by frustration by their players and we escaped this one thank goodness, 1 more non conf b4 conference season starts but I think we're in good shape going in, hoping for a good MWC season outta our Pokes, good win on Saturday, get one more tomorrow night against No. Colo at home and start it up
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That game saturday was a trap game if I have ever seen one. That is a better team than their record indicates and easily could have won that game. Its a game that UW will get no "credit" for winning but would have been crucified and they lost. Glad we escaped with the W. Thank god for JJ. Where did Dalton go?
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 am That game saturday was a trap game if I have ever seen one. That is a better team than their record indicates and easily could have won that game. Its a game that UW will get no "credit" for winning but would have been crucified and they lost. Glad we escaped with the W. Thank god for JJ. Where did Dalton go?
I think by the end of the season it will be a ok win, not a good win but I think that North Texas has a really good chance to win the SWAC. Their Non-conference schedule was brutal.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

That team is good plain and simple. They lost to Oregon (at Oregon) by 6 point, should have won. They will win their conference and be a tourney team. In the end, that will end up being a good win for us....if you don't understand how good they are, just look at who they have lost to this year, with ALL of their games being road games so far this year.

GONZAGA
SPOKANE, WASH.
L 69-97

WASHINGTON STATE
PULLMAN, WASH.
L 84-86 (OT)

OHIO STATE
COLUMBUS, OHIO
L 64-82

SYRACUSE
SYRACUSE, NY
L 67-80

KANSAS
LAWRENCE, KAN.
L 71-114

CLEMSON
CLEMSON, SC
L 77-84

OAKLAND
OAKLAND, MICH.
L 87-97

TOLEDO
TOLEDO, OHIO
L 69-71

OREGON
EUGENE, ORE.
L 68-74

BAYLOR
WACO, TEXAS TV: ESPN2
L 68-99

WYOMING
LARAMIE, WY
L 66-72
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Texas Southern tied at half against 15th ranked TCU. This win will end up being a decent win. Texas Southern isn’t a cupcake like their record might indicate.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

What's the over/under on wins that Wyoming would have with their schedule? 3.5?

This will be a solid win at the end of the year. But it won't matter anyways because it will be impossible for us to get an at-large regardless
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 pm What's the over/under on wins that Wyoming would have with their schedule? 3.5?

This will be a solid win at the end of the year. But it won't matter anyways because it will be impossible for us to get an at-large regardless