Schroyer Shows What Body Part He Is

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
cbeditor
Buckaroo

Okay, you guys have calmed me down a little bit about this whole Schroyer coaching thing. I'm a lot more patient with him right now than I was at the beginning of the week. TCU this weekend is a big game on the road, and I think it will show us a lot about where he is with this year's group. New Mexico is a tough one because Alford has them playing so well right now.

This is tough for me, but after all the discussion with people about some of the good things Schroyer has done (which I'll admit I overlooked somewhat), even if we royally blow it down there in Fort Worth, I'm going to try to stay patient as long as the team shows signs of potentially good things to come...I'll try, anyway...

What I hate is seeing the team take steps backward while improving. Schroyer may well have inherited a mess that required a ton of discipline, but I hate that fixing the mess means we have to lose games that we should/could win. I still would like to see us finish above .500 this year. I think even while he's fixing things, that's definitely within reason.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

It is within reason to have a winning season. But, don't be disappointed if we don't get that.
Just think... At least we're not scoring only 20 points a game like St. Louis.
cbeditor
Buckaroo

haha...yeah...that is true...
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Tonight was a perfect example of nobody else on this team stepping up. This game defeats the arguement of, "Well We have two of the best guards back." Yep! We do. And they were the only ones who scored in double figures today. Nobody else is stepping up. And until someone does we will have a long year.
I still say Schroyer is doing it right, even with this ugly loss. You do see a difference. Give it time. Let these younger guys develop. And we'll be good to go.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Almost 30 pt. loss in Fort Worth. The only argument i'll take right now on Schroyer is that you have to dismantle it to fix it. Because we appear to be in worse shape now then October. Every game we do something stupid that we hadn't done before. Jones and Ewing are going absolutely backwards. Defense and rebounding are headed backwards. And why the hell is Taylor on the floor as a 3 or even a 4 in Schroyer's scheme?? It demands that he play on the perimeter and handle the ball and shoot for the outside. He is jacking up threes he'll rarely make, and for the 5 times he is called for traveling a game, there are 5 more that aren't called. He is turnover nightmare, and probably costs the team 8-10 points a game right there.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I think the Cowboys & Schroyer need to take a page out of Legerski's comments and focus a little more. This team can play with just about anyone when they get focused - like they did against N.Mex. I'm just wondering why Wyoming doesn't have their two bigs under the basket on offense, instead of all 5 heading for the other end when we take a shot. No wonder we aren't getting any offensive rebounds and we still aren't that fast getting back on defense either. Nelson and Linskins aren't small, but they sure are getting pushed around especially on rebounding. Turnovers are another example of not being focused.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.