San Jose St

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

I’m so angry right now!!! How in the f-word did we lose to SJSU????!!!!!! Coach Bohl needs a deduction in pay and Vigen needs to go elsewhere.

This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Stanard doesn't have nearly the history with Bohl that Vigen does. I'm not defending Vigen, but he and Bohl have been together forever. He isn't getting rid of him. So yeah, it's poop.

Another FCS champion coach made that choice once at UW.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Would love to be a fly on the wall when Burman speaks to Bohl about this one. I am very interested in how he handles it. I don’t think Bohl should be fired or even on the hot seat because of this but there needs to be the understanding that these type of late season collapses are unacceptable. That’s two years in a row we’ve blown our load in emotional games and never recovered.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Pretty sad day
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:28 pm Here's a few guys on our offense.
Jared Scott: 3 Stars
Kellen Overstreet: 3 stars
Austin Conway: 3 stars
John Okwoli: 3 stars
Dustin Weeks: 3 stars
CJ Johnson: 3 stars
Nick Smith: 3 stars

Least talented offense we've ever had. It was impossible to get results out of these guys.
To me, the whole “stars” rating system is a sham when you see a “3 Star” next to Nick Smith. He does not look like a 1 star...
The stars ratings have a lot of crap to them, but you have to realize it's still what a bunch of "scouts" (for lack of a better term) see in the players in terms of talent. You can have a great piece of marble and with the wrong artist, it still turns into this:

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Nick Smith got 3 stars because he was a Florida QB. It was telling that no Florida schools recruited him. It was obvious after he played as a redshirt freshman that he is not a D1 college QB. Why anyone thought differently, I don’t get.

I like Smiths Fire. He just doesn’t have the talent. Hi plain and simple.
WindRiverPoke
Buckaroo

It pisses me off that Allen didn’t play. We’ve treated these types of injuries in the office and from the information I’ve heard this is all Josh’s decision. He’s still under scholarship getting a free education! The NFL is there for him this year after considering entering last year and a less than stellar year this year. If he happened to get hurt it would be there for him next year too in a weaker draft class. Josh Lay it on the line for the state that is giving you a free education and for the fans that support you! Play The Bowl Game
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:50 pm
I like Smiths Fire. He just doesn’t have the talent. Hi plain and simple.
Dax Crum with a boring name.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Can't believe we came out so flat and played so poorly against the absolute worst team in FBS.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

WindRiverPoke wrote:It pisses me off that Allen didn’t play. We’ve treated these types of injuries in the office and from the information I’ve heard this is all Josh’s decision. He’s still under scholarship getting a free education! The NFL is there for him this year after considering entering last year and a less than stellar year this year. If he happened to get hurt it would be there for him next year too in a weaker draft class. Josh Lay it on the line for the state that is giving you a free education and for the fans that support you! Play The Bowl Game
I won't blame Josh for not playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:40 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:28 pm Here's a few guys on our offense.
Jared Scott: 3 Stars
Kellen Overstreet: 3 stars
Austin Conway: 3 stars
John Okwoli: 3 stars
Dustin Weeks: 3 stars
CJ Johnson: 3 stars
Nick Smith: 3 stars

Least talented offense we've ever had. It was impossible to get results out of these guys.
To me, the whole “stars” rating system is a sham when you see a “3 Star” next to Nick Smith. He does not look like a 1 star...
The stars ratings have a lot of crap to them, but you have to realize it's still what a bunch of "scouts" (for lack of a better term) see in the players in terms of talent. You can have a great piece of marble and with the wrong artist, it still turns into this:

Maybe the best post on here
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The bowl game is going to a horrible embarrassment. No way Allen is going to play in that game. He could have played today but the $$$ signs got to him. Even if the Pokes discover another Allen, what can you expect from Vigen. This Bohl loyalty is his biggest problem.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:56 pm
WindRiverPoke wrote:It pisses me off that Allen didn’t play. We’ve treated these types of injuries in the office and from the information I’ve heard this is all Josh’s decision. He’s still under scholarship getting a free education! The NFL is there for him this year after considering entering last year and a less than stellar year this year. If he happened to get hurt it would be there for him next year too in a weaker draft class. Josh Lay it on the line for the state that is giving you a free education and for the fans that support you! Play The Bowl Game
I won't blame Josh for not playing.

Josh was beaten like a piñata all year. I wouldn't risk my future either. I've had AC joint surgery and it is no fun. I cannot imagine having that surgery on my throwing shoulder and coming back 100%. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it sure isn't optimal, especially for a kid who has a chance at a long NFL career. Instead of playing in a meaningless bowl game, perhaps he can shell out some money from his multi-million dollar contract to the athletic department.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I wonder what hole all the Vigen lovers crawled into?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Cuttslam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:13 pm I wonder what hole all the Vigen lovers crawled into?
Probably the same one as the "Vigen just needs to open it up for Nick" crowd
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
Cuttslam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:13 pm I wonder what hole all the Vigen lovers crawled into?
Probably the same one as the "Vigen just needs to open it up for Nick" crowd
Nope, they aren't in here. But that said, defend Vigens play calling because it really is indefensible.

Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I wonder why they haven't moved Antonio Hull to wide receiver. Nevermind he's actually a play maker with speed.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Antonio Hull is gonna redshirt, got hurt Iowa I think?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I'm here. I'm not a Vigen lover but I know Bohl won't be firing him. I stuck up for Vigen until last week.

Since he isn't going to fire him they need to find a QB who can actually throw accurate passes consistently from the pocket. Smith obviously sucks. Allen was a better qb than Smith but Allen sucks as a pocket passer also.

If you look at all of Bohl's championship teams at NDSU his QB's all threw for 61% up to 67% each year throwing the ball in his system. Carson Wentz who they recruited also also threw for over 62% or better each year. There is only one qb who has thrown that high of completion percentage at Wyoming since he has been here and it isn't Allen. Allen has only completed 56% and that won't cut it in a Bohl type system on offense. With a run first type of offense you have to be able to complete throws when you do throw the ball to move the chains or when you take your shots.

So if he won't fire Vigen they need to upgrade the QB position from a passing perspective and not to just someone who can sometimes throw on the run like Allen but can't complete consistently from the pocket.

Obviously the o-line and receivers will need to be better also but other than firing Vigen not sure what else will fix it. Nothing will if the receivers can't get open.

The thing is Vigen coached Brock Jensen and worked with Carson Wentz and their completion percentages were WAY better than anything at Wyoming other than Cameron Coffman. So maybe they just can't get the players they need to do what they want in the MWC on offense for their type of style.

Obviously lots of people would like him to fire Vigen but I don't ever see that happening. So they need to change something.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….