NFL Activism

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think kneeling is fine. I probably wouldn't give a poop but I have a problem when people that disagree are insinuated to be backwards redneck racists. Hence the criticism hurled at NASCAR. That makes me want to defend the people protesting the protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 pm I think kneeling is fine. I probably wouldn't give a poop but I have a problem when people that disagree are insinuated to be backwards redneck racists. Hence the criticism hurled at NASCAR. That makes me want to defend the people protesting the protest.

Then someone like pokeproud comes along and makes it real hard to defend
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 pm I think kneeling is fine. I probably wouldn't give a poop but I have a problem when people that disagree are insinuated to be backwards redneck racists. Hence the criticism hurled at NASCAR. That makes me want to defend the people protesting the protest.

Then someone like pokeproud comes along and makes it real hard to defend
Not "real hard" to defend at all.

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wow this thread turned into quite the poop show...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm I think they should stand up salute the flag. How many have tried living in a different country? We're incredibly blessed and lucky to live here. Stand up and show some respect!
Or they could exercise the freedoms we have that make it the greatest country in the world.
They can and are. and I'm going to consider them ungrateful. Nothing is sacred to them
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm
DVDA wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm I think they should stand up salute the flag. How many have tried living in a different country? We're incredibly blessed and lucky to live here. Stand up and show some respect!
Or they could exercise the freedoms we have that make it the greatest country in the world.
They can and are. and I'm going to consider them ungrateful. Nothing is sacred to them
It's about as sacred as the napkins it's plastered on or boxers sweaty nuts dangle in with the flag on it. The whole thing is silly cherry picking by people who want something to complain about. I don't think kneeling is the best way to get their point across, but it clearly is working since so many people are talking about the topic at hand.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm Wow this thread turned into quite the poop show...
Yeah, definitely. However it nicely illustrates why the kneeling sucks.

It introduces all this crap into football. There was already lots of stuff that you have to "overlook" to enjoy the game, but the politics pushed it over the top for me. I don't watch it now because of the politics. I don't give a damn about either side. There are no words to describe me level of dislike for both sides for bastardizing the greatest game on the planet. Oh well, Sundays are a bit more productive now, lol.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:39 pm in comparison, he was far better than either Clinton or Trump.
This made me puke in my mouth a little
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Poke-proud wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 am No more NFL for me. Just hope it doesn't become rampant in the NCAA, or "The War". My 2 cents, Trump really said some devisive things - suggesting these guys honor the Country, the Flag, and our anthem. That was way out of bounds. I'm curious how many millions you all have in your checking account versus these poor NFL snowflake players. If their really so "bruised" by Trump calling them a SOB for disrespecting our country - what are they.......... personally, I'm glad we have an adult in the White House who will call things the way they are versus Hussein who ran around the world apologizing for the arrogance of us Americans. Glad the Muslim sympathizer is gone, he did us no favors.

Amen brother, amen.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm
Defend Obama giving $100s of millions of "your tax dollars" ( well that is if you pay taxes (most liberals don't but want everyone to pay their fair share meaning everyone else) to Iran, but yeah go ahead and defend that.

Defend Obamas handling of ISIS, remember your "buddy" said they were the JV team.

Defend Barry mocking Romney in the debate when he stated Russia is the biggest threat to America.

I'm sure your response will be - well I didn't vote for Obama in your little whiney liberal voice.
I didn't defend Obama. All I have stated, is that the international community respected him. That's the problem I see so often. You Trump defenders, so quick to call other people "snowflakes", "Democrats", and "liberals", that you don't take the time to actually think things through. Hell, Trumpers called the creators of South Park "liberals" for daring to criticize Trump in one of their episodes. Despite them being libertarian.
And, I find it odd, really. That you find Trump to be so patriotic, but conveniently forget Trump mocking McCain for being a vet AND a POW. While he dodged the draft (which I thought was heresy for people like you).
and show me the quote where Trump "Mr Trump" to you, said they didn't have their first amendments rights. That's liberals like you that cry that when folks disagree with you. So I hope any women I know don't run into you using the women's bathrooms at "The War" because I'm sure you supported Husseins campaign for equality and uni-the deed bathrooms.

You all are loonie.
Oh, you know, the part where he wanted people fired for practicing their First Amendment right to Peacefully Protest? Or, how about trying to label any all media that dare not back him up as "fake news"? Oh, and so many more times.
https://www.thenation.com/article/donal ... amendment/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 700521001/

"People that are different than me, don't deserve equal rights!" Despite a very certain phrase within the Declaration of Independence stating otherwise. Hell, our own state is supposed to be the "Equality State". Have you ever thought that, maybe, just maybe, not to keep your panties in wad so often and not get so hung up on people trying to have the same rights as you?

Oh, and chill on the name calling.
do I really care what Kim Jong Un cares about how the US is viewed. That's the problem with you - and libs, you care more about the world than you do the US. So it explains why you support disrespect of this Great country, flag burning etc, etc, etc. makes perfect sense to me. No one was more divisive than Obama. No one.
I'm talking about the United States' closest allies and friends. Trump is the one that said he admired Kimmy boy. And Erdogan. And always backs off when it comes to Russia. Or how about stepping around the issue of the KKK and neo-Nazis? You know, the modern day supporters of the United States' BIGGEST enemies ever?

Flag burning? Hmm. Did I say I support that? No? Then that's yet another strike against you. And has nothing to do with the topic of people simply kneeling, which has never, ever been seen as disrespectful. Until certain people made it a much bigger issue then it ever was. And Trump is the LAST person I want to hear criticizing others for "being disrespectful".

And divisive. Obama. Sure, he had issues, as near every President has had. But the MOST divisive? Other than KKK sites like Breitbart and the orange bully, do you have any legit sources to back this up? Or do you just take in Trump's bullying, insulting, mocking, and out right disrespectful comments and actions as "the gospel truth"?

News flash: Outside of a certain corps of Trump diehards like yourself, NO ONE likes him. Left, right, center, allies, and other nations. The only countries out there that have expressed they like him? Russia and China. Let that sink in. Unless you're ready to abandon allies since World War 1 and before, of course.
The NFL protesters should do it on their own dime. When I was working, I couldn't go into the plant and make political statements, wear political statements on a T-Shirt, etc. What I am against is the NFL players use their First Amendment rights in a forum they have no right to voice their political views.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Poke-proud wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:02 pm Just especially for you "fromolwyoming";

Oh boy, do I ever love that.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm
Defend Obama giving $100s of millions of "your tax dollars" ( well that is if you pay taxes (most liberals don't but want everyone to pay their fair share meaning everyone else) to Iran, but yeah go ahead and defend that.

Defend Obamas handling of ISIS, remember your "buddy" said they were the JV team.

Defend Barry mocking Romney in the debate when he stated Russia is the biggest threat to America.

I'm sure your response will be - well I didn't vote for Obama in your little whiney liberal voice.
I didn't defend Obama. All I have stated, is that the international community respected him. That's the problem I see so often. You Trump defenders, so quick to call other people "snowflakes", "Democrats", and "liberals", that you don't take the time to actually think things through. Hell, Trumpers called the creators of South Park "liberals" for daring to criticize Trump in one of their episodes. Despite them being libertarian.
And, I find it odd, really. That you find Trump to be so patriotic, but conveniently forget Trump mocking McCain for being a vet AND a POW. While he dodged the draft (which I thought was heresy for people like you).
and show me the quote where Trump "Mr Trump" to you, said they didn't have their first amendments rights. That's liberals like you that cry that when folks disagree with you. So I hope any women I know don't run into you using the women's bathrooms at "The War" because I'm sure you supported Husseins campaign for equality and uni-the deed bathrooms.

You all are loonie.
Oh, you know, the part where he wanted people fired for practicing their First Amendment right to Peacefully Protest? Or, how about trying to label any all media that dare not back him up as "fake news"? Oh, and so many more times.

"People that are different than me, don't deserve equal rights!" Despite a very certain phrase within the Declaration of Independence stating otherwise. Hell, our own state is supposed to be the "Equality State". Have you ever thought that, maybe, just maybe, not to keep your panties in wad so often and not get so hung up on people trying to have the same rights as you?

do I really care what Kim Jong Un cares about how the US is viewed. That's the problem with you - and libs, you care more about the world than you do the US. So it explains why you support disrespect of this Great country, flag burning etc, etc, etc. makes perfect sense to me. No one was more divisive than Obama. No one.
I'm talking about the United States' closest allies and friends. Trump is the one that said he admired Kimmy boy. And Erdogan. And always backs off when it comes to Russia. Or how about stepping around the issue of the KKK and neo-Nazis? You know, the modern day supporters of the United States' BIGGEST enemies ever?

Flag burning? Hmm. Did I say I support that? No? Then that's yet another strike against you. And has nothing to do with the topic of people simply kneeling, which has never, ever been seen as disrespectful. Until certain people made it a much bigger issue then it ever was. And Trump is the LAST person I want to hear criticizing others for "being disrespectful".

And divisive. Obama. Sure, he had issues, as near every President has had. But the MOST divisive? Other than KKK sites like Breitbart and the orange bully, do you have any legit sources to back this up? Or do you just take in Trump's bullying, insulting, mocking, and out right disrespectful comments and actions as "the gospel truth"?

News flash: Outside of a certain corps of Trump diehards like yourself, NO ONE likes him. Left, right, center, allies, and other nations. The only countries out there that have expressed they like him? Russia and China. Let that sink in. Unless you're ready to abandon allies since World War 1 and before, of course.
The NFL protesters should do it on their own dime. When I was working, I couldn't go into the plant and make political statements, wear political statements on a T-Shirt, etc. What I am against is the NFL players use their First Amendment rights in a forum they have no right to voice their political views.
Do they play the national anthem during your work day? Does the president say that those that express their opinions should be fired from the plant when it had been, say, 1 or 2 people at a time to do so?
And since the team owners as a whole, even the NFL organization, has stated that there is no problem to the players protesting, I'm going to have to say they have EVERY SINGLE DAMN RIGHT to use their First Amendment Right to kneel.

And since you like silly quotes, here's some that should give you food for thought.

johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm

You all are loonie.

Do they play the national anthem during your work day? Does the president say that those that express their opinions should be fired from the plant when it had been, say, 1 or 2 people at a time to do so?
And since the team owners as a whole, even the NFL organization, has stated that there is no problem to the players protesting, I'm going to have to say they have EVERY SINGLE DAMN RIGHT to use their First Amendment Right to kneel.

And since you like silly quotes, here's some that should give you food for thought.

No truer words were ever expressed by a representative from George Soros, the philanthropist for Open Society. This rant makes me sick to my stomach, as does the way ALL politicians work their carnival sideshow now in this country. Kelly nailed it the other night, nothing is sacred.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Speaking of Kelly, he owes the congresswoman an apology.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... s-2015-sp/

I can see some of the replies already.
"He's a 4 star general!"
"He's a marine, show some respect!"
"He served our country!"

He also told a blatant lie to the nation, then was caught when the video evidence surfaced.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

This is exactly how I feel:

To the NFL and its players,

If I have brain cancer, I don’t ask my dentist what I should do. If my car has a problem, I don’t seek help from a plumber! Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with you, but even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle!

You seem to have this over inflated view of yourselves, thinking because you enjoy working on such a large scale stage, that somehow your opinion about everything matters. The NFL realizes the importance of its “image” so it has rules that specify the clothes and insignia you can wear, the language you use, and your “antics” after a touchdown or other “great” play. But somehow you and your employer don’t seem to care that you disgrace the entire nation and its 320 million people in the eyes of the world by publicly disrespecting this country, its flag, and its anthem! The taxpaying citizens of this country subsidize your plush work environments, yet you choose to use those venues to openly offend those very citizens.

Do you even understand what the flag of this country means to so many of its citizens before you choose to “take a knee” in protest of this “country" during our national anthem?

You may think because you are paid so much that your job is tough, but you are clueless when it comes to tough. Let me show you those whose job is really tough.

You are spoiled babies who stand around and have staff squirt GatorAid in your mouths, sit in front of misting cooling fans when it’s warm, and sit on heated benches when it's cold. That’s not “tough” that's pampered.

You think that you deserve to be paid excessively high salaries, because you play a “dangerous" game where you can incur career ending injuries. Let me show you career ending injuries!

You think you that you deserve immediate medical attention and the best medical facilities and doctors when injured. Let me show you what it’s like for those who really need and deserve medical attention.

You think you have the right to disrespect the flag of the United States, the one our veterans fought for, risked limbs and mental stability to defend, in many cases died for. Let me show you what our flag means to them, their families, and their friends.

You believe you are our heroes, when in reality you are nothing but overpaid entertainers, who exist solely for our enjoyment! Well, your current antics are neither entertaining nor enjoyable, but rather a disgrace to this country, its citizens, all our veterans and their families, and the sacrifices they have made to ensure this country remains free. You choose to openly disgrace this country in the eyes of the rest of the world, yet with all your money, still choose to live here rather than in any other country. People with even the slightest amount of “Class” will stand and respect our flag. Where does that put you? You want to see heroes… here are this countries heroes!

Wife & Son at Vets Grave.jpeg

Marine Presenting Flag to Young Son.jpeg

You can protest policies, the current government, or anything else you choose, that is your right. But when you “protest” our flag and anthem, you are insulting the nation we all live in and love, and all those who have served, been injured, or died to keep it free. There is nothing you can do or say that can make your actions anything more than the arrogance of classless people, who care about themselves more than our country or the freedoms for which our veterans and their families have sacrificed so much, to ensure you have the “right” to speak freely. Our country is far from perfect, but if you can point to any other country where your freedom and opportunities are better than they are here, then you just might want to go there and show respect for their flag!

If you respect America and all those who have sacrificed so much to keep her free, please forward this to your friends and relatives. Eventually, it should end up in the mailboxes of those who choose to disrespect our country, its service members, our veterans, their families, and all of us who appreciate the freedoms America represents.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Great post but...can't see any pics.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:04 pm Great post but...can't see any pics.

I know, the pics didn't add.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I hate saying more. I see some young people misunderstanding what's happening in the world.

The NFL proved to all that it is globalist and not American.
Globalism is not FREEDOM.
My European friends are not free. Most are ruled by a non-elected dictatorship called the EU.

Several people I know have already gone to jail for things they said that were not bad things.
One of my friends moved to England with his family to get away from the danger of his country.
He was doxed and threatened and became unemployable. He is a really nice man. He is the right kind of man to be married to etc.

He recently moved to another European country that is freer than the UK, which is not free at all. It's in trouble. It was pushed for their athletes to kneel too.

For a few nights in a row the police came to his parents house looking for him and really bothering his family. Of course I and some others who have already been arrested in the UK for speech told him that they came at night not to protect him from threats as they said but to arrest him. They would put him in jail with Muslims who want to do bad things to a good man like him.

It's all related. It's all connected. Globalism uses many ways including the professional sports to get the people to submit their freedoms.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 pm I hate saying more. I see some young people misunderstanding what's happening in the world.

My European friends are not free. Most are ruled by a non-elected dictatorship called the EU.

Several people I know have already gone to jail for things they said that were not bad things.
One of my friends moved to England with his family to get away from the danger of his country.
He was doxed and threatened and became unemployable. He is a really nice man. He is the right kind of man to be married to etc.

He recently moved to another European country that is freer than the UK, which is not free at all. It's in trouble. It was pushed for their athletes to kneel too.

For a few nights in a row the police came to his parents house looking for him and really bothering his family. Of course I and some others who have already been arrested in the UK for speech told him that they came at night not to protect him from threats as they said but to arrest him. They would put him in jail with Muslims who want to do bad things to a good man like him.

It's all related. It's all connected. Globalism uses many ways including the professional sports to get the people to submit their freedoms.
You probably hear this a lot, but you need to seek a mental health facility.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

DVDA wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:34 pm
alyssa wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 pm I hate saying more. I see some young people misunderstanding what's happening in the world.

You probably hear this a lot, but you need to seek a mental health facility.
+1000
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.