Hawaii game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

POKES WIN!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We have the Paniolo Trophy now!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Entertaining!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We found a way! Great effort from the cowboys tonight. Improvements needed but we saw improvement tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Nice win. Hope our offense starts to improve going forward with price and woods
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

THANK GAWD WE WON!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm We found a way! Great effort from the cowboys tonight. Improvements needed but we saw improvement tonight

Woods is the future!! We have a big back again
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

That was excitin' to see the win!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm We found a way! Great effort from the cowboys tonight. Improvements needed but we saw improvement tonight

And with Price, we may finally have that 2nd reliable WR now, along with Conway.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

alyssa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 am That was excitin' to see the win!
Alyssa!!!! Welcome back to the good guys!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:52 pm We can all agree that Bohl is a better coach than Rolo...then why the hell after 4 years are we that deficient at skill players? I will concede that they pulled the diamond out of their ass with Trey Woods this year, but where in the hell is our receiving corps??? CJ Johnson needs to be sent back to HS to learn how to catch. Hopefully Price and Fort are the answer, because we only have questions at that position.....

Then Price catches a TD.....
The TE are not the problem Mayfield has been pretty good catching the ball.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 am

And with Price, we may finally have that 2nd reliable WR now, along with Conway.
Conway is going to be huge this year. I know Austin didn't return the kick, but when was the last time we returned one for a TD...my memory says it was Devin Moore...???
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:03 amI know Austin didn't return the kick, but when was the last time we returned one for a TD...my memory says it was Devin Moore...???
It was
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Hawaii isn't a great defense, and were missing 3 interior linemen due to suspension. But I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll develop nicely
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:03 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 am

Conway is going to be huge this year. I know Austin didn't return the kick, but when was the last time we returned one for a TD...my memory says it was Devin Moore...???
Yep, D-mo 2007
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Glad that Allen got to get some confidence like that. If the running game hadn't actually started working somewhat, I don't think that final play would've worked.

Was nice to see a receiver other than Conway make a good catch too! Please bench CJ for next week. Still not sure how he was a 3 star recruit...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I am much more optimistic on this team.

We found our RB and he runs mean like Brian Hill. Trey Woods should be the unquestioned bellcow running back. Who cares that he is a freshman. He is far and away our most talented back.

Price makes a world of difference actually giving Allen a downfield threat. CJ Johnson has no business starting or really being on the field in anything but 4-5 receiver sets; he creates no separation and lets the ball play him rather than using his hands. If we can utilize Price to spread the field and give more space for Conway to run. This offense will improve fast.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Johnson gets open just fine. He's definitely in a funk right now and it's sort of carried over to other guys. Almost contagious and they all know they're dropping passes so they're pressing even more. I think he'll be a fine receiver but much like a baseball swing, he needs to get into the batting cage to fix a few things.

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

I don't know how we won that game. Feels like the defense played a million snaps. Gritty performance by them. Our offense is anemic and crappy for the most part. Offense has got to get it figured out or we are screwed.

Has anyone else noticed that everything in the running game goes up the middle and everything in the passing game goes to the sidelines? No quick slants, no RBs releasing to the middle for a quick pass, rarely a TE running a seam in between the hashes, no FB involvement whatsoever. Vigen's offense sucks so so so so bad and is so predictable and lame. I've seen enough of his offense. We finally have a good D and Vigen gives us a dog puke offense. ugh
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Garrett Crall had two big plays where he batted balls down including the game winning interception. He's a heck of a player. Great find as a walk on. Get him a scholly!