no duck decoys set out????

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Not much from the enemy colors/fans, would really like see hear what they think, do they think this isn't even worth their time? I have heard the Fowl have decided to go practice at 3600 ft so the 7220 is kinda in their heads, but at least the air will be "somewhat" cleaner. Welcoming all Duck/Waterfowl visitors to talk and have a little fun with this game, I am still amazed Phil Knight didn't break the checkbook out and say why do we have to go to Lowly ol Laramie, Wyoming, kinda excited just for the sake of having a "good" team come to Laramie.
GET EM POKES!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

guess they aren't practicing elsewhere afterall
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... day_p.html
scodux
Buckaroo

Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

scodux wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm Howdy!

I'll be in Laramie for the game. I am not the kind to come into someone elses territory, pump my chest and tell y'all you have no idea whats coming, but I am excited for the trip.

On top of that, this year is vastly different from Past seasons especially those of recent history. Most duck fans are less concerned with wins and losses this year, and just want to see improvement under new head coach Willie Taggart, and that's what I am hoping to see on Saturday.

Any food recommendations in Laramie? I'll only have about 3-4 hours before kick off to be able to "Soak" in the city.
I think you have more reason for swagger than the Iowa fans did, even though you're coming to 7220. That Nebraska stomping was impressive.

As for food, I no longer reside in Laramie, but I always enjoy Altitude Chophouse and Brewery for local beer and solid food (though they discontinued their best menu item: Deep-Fried Pepperjack Cheese Sticks), and Corona Village because it's easy to get to and pretty solid "Mexican" food.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

scodux wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm Howdy!

Any certain kind of food or just general stuff?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

scodux wrote:Howdy!

Best beer is Coal Creek. Sweet Melissa’s has good vegetarian food. Believe me, I fought going there for a long time, but I was missing out. Alibi is a great bar with a cool backyard. Visit the Buck because you have to. Crow Bar is good for pizza and burgers. I personally think Corona Village is a poor excuse for Mexican food, but to each their own. Have an awesome weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Born in a Barn has great wings and burgers. The Library has great local beer. Anongs has great Thai food. Hope you enjoy your time in Laradise and hope both teams play hard and have no injuries!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Best burger is Born in a Barn
Best wings is Doiuble Dubs (food truck) if you can find it, otherwise Born in a Barn or Library, Lovejoys also solid
Best beer Coal Creek
Plenty of bars if you're after that. One of my good drinking buddies here is a ducks fan actually
scodux
Buckaroo

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Totally agree on Born in a Barn, but get there fairly early as they open around 11 and it's not a huge place, and yes Double Dubs has killer wings outta a food truck, can eat in their double decker bus, find them on facebook. Enjoy the Buckhorn as well, and welcome to Lartown and the area......GO POKES
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

3-4 hours?

Damn, just go straight to tailgate...

ww
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

scodux wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 am Thanks for the suggestions!

I was late getting a hotel and by the time I started looking, the only thing left was a motel 6. I am driving from Salt Lake with a couple of buddies so we opted to stay in Rawlins Friday night at a hotel a little less "hooker friendly", then drive to Laramie and get there by noon on Saturday and tour the city and hang out til kick off. We have a rocky mountain alumni tailgate but I am hoping to take in a couple of the suggestions you guys gave me before that. We are driving back to Rawlins after the game so we won't have a whole lot of time but excited nonetheless.

Not really looking for anything specific as far as food goes, might have to try a couple places!

I got my tickets through the UO ath. department so I am in the Oregon section (BB) Living outside of Oregon, I attend more away games than home games so its always a pleasure to meet and interact with different fan bases. Except for the Huskies, they can go to hell. ;)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but every place in Rawlins looks "hooker friendly"......
scodux
Buckaroo

I said "a little less hooker friendly" than a motel 6

a little bit of hooker friendly is okay, I just want a little less. :)
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Anong's- Thai
Born in a Barn + Lovejoys bar food
Beer- The Library + Altitude + Coal Creek
Hard drinking and life examination- the cowboy + the buckhorn..... I prefers Mulligans or O'Dwyers
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Actually if you are in Rawlins, hit Anong's there for dinner.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

Or Su Casa in Sinclair
scodux
Buckaroo

How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

scodux wrote:How about recommendations for parking? Is there any place that's a little easier/more convenient than others? Somewhere where I can park my car with a huge Oregon O on it and not have it vandalized preferably!
I’d park south of the stadium by Washington Park. It’s in a nice residential area, away from students

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wyoair
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am
wyocowboy2014 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

Or Su Casa in Sinclair
I'll add to Su Casa, Lariat or Cloverleaf in Rawlins as well. Rawlins does have excellent Mexican food despite its overall appeal lol.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I could use some advice. I'm bringing my wife to he first Wyo game. Her first time ever in Wyoming! I would like to take for an afternoon hike. Should we go to Snowy Range or Vedauwoo? Any advice is helpful.