Visiting War Memorial

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Ads-pipe
Buckaroo

Would like to bring my Boys who are Orgeon fans to War Memorial for the game. I have a couple questions if you could help me.

1. Can we get close to the players coming in and out of locker room? Visitors
2. If so what is the best section to sit in to get to them.
3. Boys are 7 and 11 is there anything cool to see. Thinking of coming over friday.

We went to the Nebraska game last year and could talk to the players waiting to take the field. The boys had a blast.

Thanks
The Virginian
Cowpoke

The visiting team enters the field from north of the west lower strands. The best way to see them is to be in the area just north of the stands and grab a spot along the temporary fence leading to the field. They'll be able to high five a lot of the players coming in.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Right. It doesn't matter where your seats are. You just go to the player entrance fence and greet the players. If you call from Oregon to reserve seats, they will put you on the South side near the 10 yard line where visitors sit. Look at the stadium map before you order. Ask for seats in a better section and get the exact seats lined up - have them send you the tickets. Oh, by the way, expect to be disappointed at the end of the game.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I am wondering if players entrances will change this season due to construction. As of now, nobody will be entering from the North side of the stadium. Curious how the Pokes will come out too.
Ads-pipe
Buckaroo

Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to the game. I hear that is a really cool town and stadium.. if anyone has a lead on a hotel would be apreciated. Thanks Again.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

It wasn't mentioned, but the players enter on the West side of the stadium, so that's where you will want your seats. Most ticket call-ins are assigned there anyway, I believe.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Ads-pipe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 am Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to the game. I hear that is a really cool town and stadium.. if anyone has a lead on a hotel would be apreciated. Thanks Again.
Good luck with this. I suggest you start trying to book a room right now - they might be hard to find. The Hilton Garden Inn is the closest to the stadium, the Holiday Inn is also close, and then they go all the way down to the Motel 6 (and we'll leave the light on for ya).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Just did a quick check online. Only thing I could find was at the Econo Lodge in Laramie. If you check them for just 1 night (Saturday the 16th), they are full. BUT if you do a 2-night reservation (Friday the 15th AND Saturday the 16th), they have 2 rooms left at about $200. Go get 'em before they are gone.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

If you're flying in via Denver, it just might be worth looking in Fort Collins instead. It's obviously an hour away, but if you can't find anything else...
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

Ads-pipe wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 am Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to the game. I hear that is a really cool town and stadium.. if anyone has a lead on a hotel would be apreciated. Thanks Again.
There are rooms available at most of the hotels in Cheyenne, including Little America, and the Marriott properties. If you are at one of the hotels along I-80 it's about 40 minutes to Laramie, much easier than Fort Collins, where you either fight two lane traffic with trucks or take I-25 to Cheyenne and then hook up with I-80.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I-25 is a major nightmare to go on until you get to Fort Fart (Collins) if you're heading north. After you get to Fort Collins, traffic isn't that bad on the interstate.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

stay in cheyenne
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm stay in cheyenne
+1
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't know how adventurous you are or if you like the mountains but centennial isn't far from Laramie and you may combine a trip into the snowy range with the football game.

It all depends on how much time you have but September can be a beautiful drive in the snowy range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I haven't been east of Laramie in a long time until last fall when my brother married a girl from Cheyenne. I forgot how nice that drive is through Vedauwoo.