Brian Hill tweets that he is foregoing senior year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

https://twitter.com/B_Heezy5/status/813493063733616640

Loved watching this guy and I totally understand the decision. Next man up as they say!
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 47 times

My only real problem with his decision is this...

If he doesn't get drafted, he can't go "oh, well..." and go back to college even if he doesn't get an agent.

The rules for NCAA basketball players forgoing their senior year and then coming back should apply to players in ALL sports.....provided they don't hire a sports agent.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

Good luck, Brian! All-time great!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck Brian! Wish you nothing but the best!

And his smashing the sheep player during the Border War this year, and sending him flying, will always be one of my favorite memories as a Poke fan!
wyoskier24
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote:My only real problem with his decision is this...

If he doesn't get drafted, he can't go "oh, well..." and go back to college even if he doesn't get an agent.

The rules for NCAA basketball players forgoing their senior year and then coming back should apply to players in ALL sports.....provided they don't hire a sports agent.
Agreed. HOWEVER, those rules would only allow him to go through the draft combine, and then return to school. If he sticks with it and goes undrafted, he wouldn't be able to then return to UW. Brian is a player that would probably really benefit from the opportunity to work out for teams and attend the combine to receive really good feedback, and then make a decision. Either way, best of luck to him. Incredible young man who will be able to provide for his family.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I think it's a mistake but I wish him the best!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

SDPokeFan wrote:I think it's a mistake but I wish him the best!
I think it's a colossal mistake but it's his life. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Only time will tell. CBS has him going anywhere from round 3 to 4. Hopefully he'll get an invite to the combine.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times

May we have this problem for many years to come. Good luck Brian. Make Wyo proud!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Best of luck to Hill. I'm kind of on the other side of things - I think he probably made the correct choice. I don't think he would have had more yards next season than this one, though I suppose we'll never know.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'll continue to root for Hill w/e he ends up and I hope fit for the best but I think he was given the same bad advise Smith was given.

Entering the draft against so many big name backs just seems like career suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:Entering the draft against so many big name backs just seems like career suicide.
Plus someone shoulda told him what happened to Brett Smith!!!!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyo2dal wrote:I'll continue to root for Hill w/e he ends up and I hope fit for the best but I think he was given the same bad advise Smith was given.

Entering the draft against so many big name backs just seems like career suicide.
I was impressed by the process that he said he would use and I trust that he followed through on that process, which included seeking good advice from objective and trusted sources. Shoot, even Brett Smith was available on campus to chat with. I certainly expect he has a better shot than Alvester Alexander did.

I only have two real concerns for him. First, I was always a little concerned that DBs could run him down from behind once he got past everyone. Second, I wonder how NFL personnel folks will look at the fact that he didn't get very many targets in our passing game.

When I was younger, I always thought kids were foolish leaving college early. I have since come to understand how short the shelf-life is for running backs. I actually kind of expected this going into this season after watching him last year.

Good luck to Mr. Hill. I expect to enjoy watching him for years to come. I really hope John Elway pounces on him to shore up my Broncos' backfield.

Finally, I am looking forward to how Mr. Overstreet matures in this system once he recovers. I really do not think Wyoming's cupboard is anywhere near bare behind Brian Hill and Shawn Wick.
knhendon
Buckaroo

Give 'em hell Brian Hill!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

Good luck, Brian! All time great! Will surely be missed!

I've already been emotionally ready for this for a while so at least I'm not still in shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman are returning to school. That bumps Hill up quite a bit.

He'll be drafted, his success like any RB will depend on situation.

Todd Gurley is more talented than Ezekiel Elliott, yet one guy is feasting behind an elite OL, while the other is losing his grip as an NFL player on the league's worst offensive unit. Hill will sink or swim depending on where he goes.

Either way, he's a Wyoming legend.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

J-Rod wrote:yet one guy is feasting behind an elite OL, while the other is losing his grip as an NFL player on the league's worst offensive unit. Hill will sink or swim depending on where he goes.
Hopefully he doesn't end up behind Broncos' O-Line, then. Don't really watch the NFL, but father-in-law is a fan, so watched the game last night. That... was... rough.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote:May we have this problem for many years to come. Good luck Brian. Make Wyo proud!
:thumb: :thumb: Please let this be our "biggest" issue!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Best wishes Brian Hill, thanks for helping us out of that 15 year mess.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

An all time great that coulda really been outta sight, guess $$ talks, but we've see this b4 with Brett, UW is not a school where forgoing the final year equates to a great NFL career, maybe I'm nutz. I wanted him to stay selfishly as that record woulda never been touched or taken one helluva special player to hit it, but yes it was fun to watch him, just wish he coulda complemented Josh for next year as well. OH well the roller coaster that is WYO football