Just a lil post on how I see the conferences by 2012!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Here's what I think it will line out to in a few years:
Mountain West:
AFA, BYU, Utah, WYO, CSU, BSU, UNM, TCU, UNLV, SDSU, KU, KSU, Nevada, Fresno

PAC-16:
Cali, UCLA, USC, Stanf, Oreg, Oreg st, Wash, WSU, Texas, A&M, Okla. Ok st, Ariz, ASU, Colo, TTU

WAC:
Idaho, Haw, LTU, Utah st, NMSt, SJSU, Tulsa, SMU, Utep, Rice, Houston, Iowa st, Baylor, North Texas

Big 12: Disbanded

C-USA:Disbanded

MAC:
ohio, temple, Bowl grn, Kent st, Buff, Akron, Miam, CMU, N. Ill, WMU, Toledo, Ball st, EMU, Marshall

Big EAST:
Cinci, Pitt, WVU, Rutg, Uconn, USF, Syr, Louis, South Miss, UCF, ECU, Memphis, Army, Navy

Sun Belt:
Troy, MTst, ULM, FAU. UL Laf, Ark st, FIU, WKU, Tulane, UAB

Big 10 (now 14):
OSU, Iowa, Penn st, Wisc, NW, MSU, Purd, Minn, Illi, Mich, Indi, Neb,, Missou, Notre Dame

SEC: Stays the same, they don't want to change what has been successful for them.

ACC: will try to pull from Big East, but ties run to deep in Big East and it won't disband. Plus they are the super conf in basketball, they still need a Big East football conference.

There you have it when it's all said and done, my take on the conference realignment. And if this does happen I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more FCS top programs jump the level.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

am I the only one who would rather have Hawaii in the conference than f-word Nevada?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

TwoTone wrote:am I the only one who would rather have Hawaii in the conference than f##king Nevada?
I would rather have Hawaii than Nevada, but I would rather have Houston over them.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

I don't think the Big East survives.
ImageImageImageImage
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

You know why they decided against Hawaii when they formed the MWC to begin with? Too many timezones in the opposite direction. Travel was expensive. And it was advantage Hawaii because when the games started it was usually 10:00 or 11:00pm where they were from. That's why they chose UNLv to take the place of Hawaii, it was inland. It had nothing to do with how Hawaii played, back then they were terrible at football and good at basketball, now their mediocre at football and pretty poor at basketball. We wouldn't be adding much to our league to take them. Plus no t.v time for Hawaii, unless they are at one of the inland schools.
Plus how is adding Houston going to help us with recruiting in Texas? Seriously, We play Utah, Byu and Utah st all the time, yet last year was the first year that I saw us get three recruits out of that state. We're usually hard pressed to get one, if that.
We play SDSU and most of our recruits from Cali come from the L.A. area and suburbs or further north.
We wanted UNLV because they would bring good recruiting from Las Vegas, yet I don't know of any recruits from Nevada, Same thing with New Mexico. But we want to add a Texas school and hope that it helps us beat out Texas, Tech, A&M, Baylor, TCU, Houston, SMU, Utep, heck, even N. Texas.
We are able to pull kids in from Colorado because we're close enough that they know who we are. If that's the thinking on it is recruiting, take Tulsa, We already have TCU in Texas, Why don't we really start going after them Oklahoman kids? They seem to really help out OU and OSU and tulsa.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

So Denver gets left out?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, according to several articles, the PAC has formally invited CU.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote:Well, according to several articles, the PAC has formally invited CU.
And other sources suggest that CU has formally accepted.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!