Marcus Epps is proving....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

....why he had to walk on.

Dookie.

Seriously
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

He sucks! Should've had a pick six, then gets lost in coverage and burned for a TD. Missed FGs piss me off. Cooper is scared. Why would you ever become a FG kicker if you are a mental pussy? Already haven't converted a 3rd and 1, 2, 3 and another 3. Wingard has missed two tackles also. We aren't playing to win, rather to keep it close. Nebraska is not very good.
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

We are five key players of being pretty effin good next year. Recruiting over the top of Epps is number one priority.

Seriously.... and I mean conference title contender good.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Going after #6 is working quite well for them, in fact it's responsible for probably all of their big plays except one. Ortiz time.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think we all need to relax a little bit, I agree Epps isn't great but we are playing a program that is a lot better than us. The Cowboys are on the right track
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

jcintherock wrote:We are five key players of being pretty effin good next year. Recruiting over the top of Epps is number one priority.

5 key players is fairly significant
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote:
jcintherock wrote:We are five key players of being pretty effin good next year. Recruiting over the top of Epps is number one priority.

5 key players is fairly significant
We'll get 1 per year, so we'll always be a key player short lol. 2 years ago- Hill. Last year- Wingard. This year- Allen? Hoping that 4th quarter was a fluke...
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Rothe looks broken, and hopefully Josh isn't now, too
gopokes1399
Blog Team

A lot of overreacting going on... everyone just needs to take a step back
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

wyokoke wrote:Rothe looks broken, and hopefully Josh isn't now, too
He hit the sub-40 one. I'm fine with misses of 43 and 48 with a freshman kicker if he hits the shorter ones and extra points.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I'm more worried about wr. It's the only position were the DC recruiting is out-shining CB ( other than Roullier, he's NFL good). I don't think we have anyone on the roster ready to step into Gentry's role.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Hey, Marqueston Huff sucked too as a freshman and sophomore and now he plays in the NFL. One can only hope.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
He hit the sub-40 one. I'm fine with misses of 43 and 48 with a freshman kicker if he hits the shorter ones and extra points.
This is asinine. Because he's a freshman he doesn't ever have to make a field goal over 40 yards?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
This is asinine. Because he's a freshman he doesn't ever have to make a field goal over 40 yards?
I don't expect it. Way different. He's shown he has the leg. He just needs to settle down a bit.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

He should have hit those field goals. But he didn't. Hit the last one and hopefully that gets him back on track. Get the bump in the road out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

just rewatched the first half. Not pretty by Epps. He does well in run support, but struggles defending the pass. Hopefully he can put it behind him.

F. all it took was two nebraska receivers running crossing routes to get us all messed up.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:F. all it took was two nebraska receivers running crossing routes to get us all messed up.
At least that happened in a game we were projected to lose, so hopefully there's been some learning going on with video reviews before other teams we should beat take advantage of that too.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

Can't believe nobody mentioned...

f-word YOU CJ JENNINGS, YOU ASSHOLE!!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
I don't think that's the point he was trying to make. How many true freshmen kickers are burying 45 yard field goals consistently?

He's made all of his extra points this year, he's made his shorter field goal attempts. He's a massive improvement over what we've had in recent memory. I think most of us are happy with his performance so far and excited to see him grow into his young body.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:just rewatched the first half. Not pretty by Epps. He does well in run support, but struggles defending the pass. Hopefully he can put it behind him.

F. all it took was two nebraska receivers running crossing routes to get us all messed up.
Agreed. He's a good tackler, but isn't very good in pass coverage. He's got caught out of position on several occasions this year, and doesn't have the speed to make up for it.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.