Wyoming 8 was today, 14 years ago

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

http://www.si.com/vault/2001/11/26/3144 ... us-highway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

It is always sad to think about. God Bless!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wow, never knew about this. What a tragedy!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Wow, never knew about this. What a tragedy!
Was a horrible, horrible time in our lives...this tragedy didn't have much traction in the media after the terrorist attacks, so many outside of Wyoming never heard about it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Was sad. Better play the beer song 5000 times :eek:
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

Being a Laramie kid my friends and I thought it was great that we knew the words to the beer song and would jump up each time it started playing, but that all changed with this tragedy. Often when we were attending college after this tragedy people would ask why a group of us would sit down each time that song started and we told them it just didn't feel right that a university who went through that should condone that song.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

GoGoPokes wrote:Being a Laramie kid my friends and I thought it was great that we knew the words to the beer song and would jump up each time it started playing, but that all changed with this tragedy. Often when we were attending college after this tragedy people would ask why a group of us would sit down each time that song started and we told them it just didn't feel right that a university who went through that should condone that song.
Exactly! But the kids don't care
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Aaron wrote:
GoGoPokes wrote:Being a Laramie kid my friends and I thought it was great that we knew the words to the beer song and would jump up each time it started playing, but that all changed with this tragedy. Often when we were attending college after this tragedy people would ask why a group of us would sit down each time that song started and we told them it just didn't feel right that a university who went through that should condone that song.
Exactly! But the kids don't care
Back then I could totally understand your position. Nowadays, most of those kids were toddlers or babies and many of them don't even know what AOL stands for, or even "www" part of a web address. So for them to even know about a largely localized event, despite it being so tragic, is not very high unless told directly about it by someone older than them. And if any local tragedy is gonna ring any bells for them, it would be the Matthew Shepard case, but that's a whole different can or worms.