Nance and NBA Draft

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Didn't see this one posted yet

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /29209519/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

word is that the cavs gave larry another workout yesterday. and that they are considering trading their 24th pick.

look up joe l Kinsley twitter

very interesting!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

https://twitter.com/KinsleyLES/status/6 ... 3188241408 I personally think that is misleading unless they are going to trade a high pick for 2 lower picks hoping Nance will be there. Doesn't make sense they wouldn't need to trade up to get Nance unless he is getting a lot of hype and we are completely in the dark.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

No, trade 24th pick and pick nance at 53. Nance won't be there are 53 I think
W-Y, Until I Die!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think this is a move like the patriots make. cavs trade away to get more second round picks. better cap management and more picks. I think larry goes before the 53rd, and Im thinking that is why Cleveland might trade there 1st round pick, so that they can get more of what they want in the 2nd.

I think they want another pick before the pelicans pick at 43 or 44.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

carbonpoke wrote:I think this is a move like the patriots make. cavs trade away to get more second round picks. better cap management and more picks. I think larry goes before the 53rd, and Im thinking that is why Cleveland might trade there 1st round pick, so that they can get more of what they want in the 2nd.

I think they want another pick before the pelicans pick at 43 or 44.
Yeah. This is exactly what they might be trying to do. They are going to trade the 24th pick to try and get some value somehow.

Either by picking up another player somewhere and a 2nd round draft pick or getting more picks in the 2nd round but somewhere more in the late 30 to early 40 range hoping that Larry is still around and being able to pick him up along with another guy that could be of value in the 2nd round.

I would hate to see him go to the Cavs as I am not a Cavs fan and would love to root for any team Larry goes to but was hoping one of the ones he doesn't go to is the Cavs. I am hoping someone else picks him up . :thumb:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Bunch of Cavs fans on Twitter really want Nance. Some even saying they wouldn't be sad if he was their 1st round pick.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote:Bunch of Cavs fans on Twitter really want Nance. Some even saying they wouldn't be sad if he was their 1st round pick.

Yeah I can see them saying that. I think a lot of people in Ohio followed him and realize he has the potential to be a pretty good player in the future.

I think the farther away he gets from that knee surgery the better he is becoming. He already has all the intangibles , high basketball IQ, the genes and he seems to have a great work ethic. Think he will keep getting better.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

31 and 36!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

That trade sure could mean good things for Nance, pretty cool.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

f-word! I despise the Lakers how gut wrenching it will be to root for the team I hate.

Awesome for Larry Lakers or not I'll be there to root him on every game!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Alright Larry! Good luck in LA!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyo2dal wrote:f-word! I despise the Lakers how gut wrenching it will be to root for the team I hate.

I'm no Lakers fan but I will be buying a Larry Nance Lakers jersey for sure. Congrats Larry!!!!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:f-word! I despise the Lakers how gut wrenching it will be to root for the team I hate.

This. I have my fingers crossed that those cocksuckers trade him to anyone else.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Same I'll rep a Nance jersey no problem.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Nance Taken 27th Overall by Lakers (WYO-VISION)

Cowboys Forward Larry Nance, Jr. was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 27th overall pick in Thursday night's NBA draft!

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Almost 3,500 retweets and favorites so far. Congrats Larry!:
https://twitter.com/Larrydn22/status/614265430182637568
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Larry Nance, Jr: From Dunk Town to Showtime! (WYO-VISION)

Check out a few highlights from Larry Nance, Jr's time at Wyoming! Nance was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1st round with the 27th pick during Thursday night's NBA Draft.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/ryanholmgren/status ... 9521581056 “That’s awesome, man,” Ratliff said. “He’s a special player. It’s just a testament to the work and the effort that he’s put into his craft to be able to get picked in the first round. I’m so proud of him, man. I’m at a loss for words, really.”

UW coach Larry Shyatt watched the draft from his home along with his coaching staff.

When he learned of Nance’s selection, he noted that “we looked like little kids, jumping up and down, screaming, hugging each other.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever been prouder. Ever,” Shyatt said. “... This story is without a doubt the best. The best of my career.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... e#comments
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Mixed reactions from Laker fans, especially about a tweet Nance put out 3 years ago when everyone thought Kobe was a rapist...
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopi ... sc&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;