Nance and NBA Draft

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Great call on that. Your profile pic is weird as hell fyi. Creeps me out.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

heard something today Larry's stock on the mock board is climbing, 43rd for Indiana Pacers and a hit for 53 Denver Nuggets, looks good hopefully it works out
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:I don't normally toot my own horn, but...
joshvanklomp wrote:I've been getting this feeling that Larry will end up a Spur in the late 1st. I know it seems high, considering no draft sites are putting him in the draft at all right now.

I think it's similar to the type of under-the-radar draft pick the organization made back in 2008 with George Hill. DraftExpress didn't have him in their mocks until a couple weeks before the draft, and he was never projected higher than 44. He went 26th.
That was January 7th.
That has been a rumor for a couple years. I think the Spurs started taking an interest last year. Good call though.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I feel like Larry is coming into the league at a perfect time. Look at how an undersized PF with a versatile skillset who stayed four years in college helped a team win the title. I hope Nance takes some things from Draymond to use in his own game.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Great call on getting rumors correct. Let's wait and see where he gets drafted
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:That has been a rumor for a couple years. I think the Spurs started taking an interest last year. Good call though.
The Spurs may have been a rumor as the team, but in the 1st? He wasn't even in mock drafts until about a week ago.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

On an NBA board I frequent, Larry was just compared to a poor-shooting Robbie Hummel. I busted out laughing.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:On an NBA board I frequent, Larry was just compared to a poor-shooting Robbie Hummel. I busted out laughing.
LOL That is a harsh comparison. That's like the NFL scout who said that Bucaneers RB Charles Sims is like, "C.J. Spiller without speed or lateral movement"

lolololol then what is he?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:On an NBA board I frequent, Larry was just compared to a poor-shooting Robbie Hummel. I busted out laughing.
What is your board? I follow the realgm bulls board pretty regularly.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I liked Robbie Hummel's game at Purdue. He was very good. One of my favorite college players at the time he played at Purdue. Those knee injuries he got screwed him over and his Purdue team over .

But yeah comparing Hummel and Nance is funny since their games are not alike at all.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote:
What is your board? I follow the realgm bulls board pretty regularly.
The RGM Wolves board
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it's ok to wish, i remember being at Jackson's here in Cheyenne when James Johnson got drafted that night, was a fun night seeing that, kinda neat to have a friend in the NBA...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Seeing that talk about Larry in the first round gets me WAY stoked.

I still just hope he gets drafted... but if he went in the 1st freaking round? I would be SO STOKED!

If/when he gets drafted I am without a doubt buying a legit jersey.

Can't wait for the NBA draft now. Only because of Larry.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Some draft observers believe Nance may be climbing into the first round.

"That mock draft stuff really doesn't mean anything," Nance said. "Seeing that is kind of funny to me, and gives Wyoming fans something to talk about."

The last Wyoming player to be drafted was Theo Ratliff, who was taken in the first round and the 18th overall pick by the Detroit Pistons in 1995.

Nance has worked out with about a dozen NBA teams, including the San Antonio Spurs, Philadelphia 76ers, Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns, Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks. His last workout is set for Wednesday with his hometown team — the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"All the workouts had the same type of feel; they want to see what you can do as a player," Nance told the Wyoming Tribune Eagle during a phone interview Wednesday night from Chicago. "You do drills and all that, but a lot of the basic stuff these teams have seen you do in college. They want to see us play. If there are six guys in a workout, you play 3-on-3, 2-on-2, 1-on-1 for about an hour-and-a-half.

"Some went better than others, but I felt really good about all of them. I'm very confident where I sit in the eyes of the NBA teams. I'm looking forward to these upcoming workouts and (the draft) next Thursday."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28 ... -nba-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Another comp I've seen for Larry is David Lee. I actually don't hate the comp.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

David Lee is a horrible comparison. Lee is a horrible defender. He is a purely offensive minded big man. I think if Larry is going to have a chance in the league he will need to have a game similar to Draymond Green the more I think about it. He's going to need to develop a pick and pop 3 point shot and work on his lateral quickness to defend pick and rolls. I think his interior defense is NBA ready against everything but the DeMarcous Cousins/ Marc Gasol types, but that wouldn't really be his job anyway.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:David Lee is a horrible comparison. Lee is a horrible defender. He is a purely offensive minded big man.
I should've added that I realize defensive abilities don't match up. Was mostly talking offensively.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I think a good comparison for Nance is Taj Gibson. They are similar size: 6'9" 230ish pounds, and they have good athleticism, defense, and energy.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I thought after what we saw happen with the Pokes this last year that Nance Jr was 2nd round pick. I mean does anybody remember that Air Force game were we all of sudden lost like 30 points from our team when he went out? That was a big indicator at the level of talent he is. I'm really excited to see him get his shot! Imagine what he might be able to do surrounded by pros? He's one of those guys that you don't really want to put a ceiling on. Definitely gonna root for whatever team picks him up. If he goes in the 1st we can all go :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Riding High!!!