Max Hall after Holy War win

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Hall slammed the Utes pretty hard in post game statements. Utes and Cougs over on the MWC board ready to cut each others throat's. Nattie has gone ballistic on all of Cougardom. Pretty nasty.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/inde ... opic=21303

Please Pokes, I would love to beat both of these teams next year. Sick of the Utah teams and the 'blueblood' BS. After the bowl game, I will be counting down the days to next season. It is good to be a Poke! :willybs:
The Juice
Buckaroo

Yeah I think I'm done with that rivalry. Even with as good of a game as that one was, it was irritating to watch them shove each other after each and every play.

It made me think of an Aniston/Jolie catfight.....although that would be a lot more entertaining.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

That thread is hilarious... But I think we can all agree...

F both of them. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Mr. T,

Congrats to your Grizzlies. They had a hell of a comeback today. Wish we could get them in the MWC. I like their style of play. Kind of a vacuum to Wyo's North there with no DIV I team. To be quite honest, I think I would rather have Montana than Boise. However, probably not going to happen.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Watching and being at that game today took a year or two off of my life. Good frigging lord it was stressful.. I've never seen a team play as hard as the Griz in the 3rd and 4th quarters.. never say die. How do you score 6 unanswered TDs to win it???

And I agree, I think Montana would be a great fit in the MWC (geographically, anyways), or WAC, but the MWC is a huge stretch.. and we just don't have the facilities in place to compete in the MWC right now.. MWC schools are far and above Montana right now.. but I would really enjoy a Wyoming/Montana game at the War.
ImageImageImageImage
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

I would like to see that matchup as well. They are one of the few lower division teams that garner national respect and they don't seem to hurt SOS. I wonder why we don't schedule them more often? Anyway, congrats for that win. They damn sure have some offensive firepower and grit.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I learned yesterday that Montana has more wins this decade than any team in any division. This includes the likes of Florida, Oklahoma, Grand Valley State, etc. Pretty damn impressive. But I would really like to this "northern border war" matchup.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

AfiPoke wrote:I would like to see that matchup as well. They are one of the few lower division teams that garner national respect and they don't seem to hurt SOS. I wonder why we don't schedule them more often? Anyway, congrats for that win. They damn sure have some offensive firepower and grit.
Possibility of hatching a new rivalry if they ever make the jump to Division 1-A and somehow get into the MWC?

And BTW, new member, but have been reading this forum for a while. At the MWC board, I'm son of a gun.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Welcome! Enjoy your stay! :)
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote:Welcome! Enjoy your stay! :)
Will do. And I am actually familiar with phpbb forums, which helps (for once).
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

And the BYU and Ute fans look like they can go at it until next year's Holy War.

Though it appears Whittingham's wife was punched in the face by a BYU fan.

At least the Wyoming CSU rivalry has never resorted to that. Fist fights on the field between players, yes. Hitting a woman, thank God no.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

I see there are now mini 'fight club' meets being set up by some of the more bellicose fellows on that board. I guess high school never ends in Utah.

What does Sun Tzu say about these scenarios----The enemy of my enemy is......still my enemy. Let them scratch each others eyes out I say. Maybe we will pick up a bonus recruit out of this foolishness?

It is going national now as well. Hate to see conference dirty laundry being aired like this but I guess it was inevitable. Am sure Charlie Weiss and other news will drown it out this week.

However, it might be worth it to take a trip to next years Holy War. Could be better than a UFC bout. :rofl:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

AfiPoke wrote:I see there are now mini 'fight club' meets being set up by some of the more bellicose fellows on that board. I guess high school never ends in Utah.

What does Sun Tzu say about these scenarios----The enemy of my enemy is......still my enemy. Let them scratch each others eyes out I say. Maybe we will pick up a bonus recruit out of this foolishness?

It is going national now as well. Hate to see conference dirty laundry being aired like this but I guess it was inevitable. Am sure Charlie Weiss and other news will drown it out this week.

However, it might be worth it to take a trip to next years Holy War. Could be better than a UFC bout. :rofl:
The way that this is going, they might just out sell the UFC. :lol:
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BYU sportsmanship at its best! Talk about a sore winner.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

More from the SL Trib:
http://www.sltrib.com/byucougars/ci_13890501
BYU football: MWC reviewing Hall's inflammatory comments

By Jay Drew

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 11/29/2009 07:10:46 PM MST

Provo » It appears as if BYU quarterback Max Hall will get a public reprimand for saying he hates everything about Utah and calling the university, its fans and football program "classless" after the Cougars defeated the Utes 26-23 in overtime on Saturday.

Javan Hedlund, associate commissioner for communications for the Mountain West Conference, said Sunday that the conference is "very aware" of the comments Hall made in a postgame news conference and has "initiated the process" to determine whether the senior violated the MWC's sportsmanship policy.

"We are going through the process, and if it warrants further public action, we will announce it. It won't be [Sunday], but it will be [Monday] or Tuesday, if something were to be made public," Hedlund said.

BYU had not issued a statement regarding the matter as of 6 p.m. Sunday, and an athletic department spokesperson did not return telephone calls.

University of Utah associate athletic director Liz Abel said the school would have no comment regarding Hall's remarks and considered it a "BYU issue."

Because he has had no previous violations of the league's sportsmanship policy in the past 12 months, Hall's expected reprimand will amount to a slap on the wrist -- similar to what BYU defensive end Jan Jorgensen and linebackers coach Barry Lamb received last week for comments critical of Air Force's blocking techniques.

Certainly, though, Hall's comments have shifted the focus from another thrilling rivalry game and BYU's third razor-close win over Utah in four years to himself.

Internet message boards and social networking sites buzzed incessantly Sunday over the remarks of Hall, nephew of former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Danny White.

Hall's pointed comments came almost an hour after he threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to Andrew George to give the Cougars a 26-23 win in overtime.

A throng of BYU fans stormed onto the field to celebrate the victory, and a few minor scuffles broke out in the northwest corner of the stadium, where many Utah fans were gathered.

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham's wife, Jamie, was struck in the face while on the field and suffered a cut lip, but the coach declined to comment on the incident, according to Abel.

Until throwing the game-winning touchdown pass, Hall had not played particularly well in regulation. He finished completing 12 of 32 passes for 134 yards and two TDs. But he did not have any turnovers in the game, unlike in 2008 when he fumbled once and was intercepted five times in a 48-24 loss at Utah.

Asked if he felt any personal redemption for avenging that loss, Hall went on a rant about how much he hates Utah because of the way some of its fans acted last year during that game.

He said Utah fans threw beer on his family "and they did a whole bunch of nasty things, and I don't respect them, and they deserved to lose." According to several of Hall's teammates, at last year's Utah game in Salt Lake City, the crowd passed around a blowup the deed doll with a sign on its back that read, "Max Hall's mom."

Asked after the rant if he wants the Utes to win their bowl game, the 24-year-old Hall replied, "I don't care."
ImageImageImageImage
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

gopokes1399
Blog Team

i think its hilarious what he said
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 239 times

MrTitleist wrote:I learned yesterday that Montana has more wins this decade than any team in any division. This includes the likes of Florida, Oklahoma, Grand Valley State, etc. Pretty damn impressive. But I would really like to this "northern border war" matchup.
I am pretty sure you are wrong. Mount Union has to have more wins.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Kind of bored so I looked it up.

Mount Unions wins by year.
2000: 14
2001: 14
2002: 14
2003: 13
2004: 12
2005: 14
2006: 15
2007: 14
2008: 15
2009: *12 (undefeated and still in the playoffs)

That is 137 wins this decade for Mount Union and a chance for a few more.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Montana wins by year.

2000: 13
2001: 15
2002: 11
2003: 9
2004: 12
2005: 8
2006: 12
2007: 11
2008: 14
2009: *12 (undefeated and a chance for a few more)

That is 117 wins. So not even close to being a true statement. In fact, I would bet that Grand Valley State and likely Northwest Missouri State also have more wins this decade than Montana.