NFL Prospect

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sluggerchamp02
Buckaroo

Who is our best nfl prospect or prospects?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Fletcher. Unrein.
ImageImageImageImage
TD-ACS
Buckaroo

In 3 years--Shamiel Gary This kid will be special.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Gary Unrein Fletcher... If Tuff Harris and Colt Anderson from UM got picked up so will Chris Prosinski...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Colt > Prosinski. Better tackler, faster, harder hitter.. plus he's from Butte, America. :) It's in the water.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wendling>Colt

I love simple math
billings
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Colt > Prosinski. Better tackler, faster, harder hitter.. plus he's from Butte, America. :) It's in the water.
Most people don't think drinking heavy metals is good for you LOL

wasn't he from Colstrip anyway?
gopokes1399
Blog Team

No tuff Harris is from Colstrip
Koy Bierman- Hardin- Atlanta Falcons
Dan Carpenter- Helena?- Miami Dolphins
Lex Hilliard- Kalispell- Miami Dolphins
Tuff Harris- Colstrip- Tenn Titans
Colt Anderson- Butte America- Minn Vikings
Dwan Edwards- Columbus- Oregon State- Ravens
Very Impressive for the state of Montana... So i think so
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

I actually think Tashaun Gipson.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

dapokes wrote:Wendling>Colt

I love simple math
Is Wendling getting much PT this year? I haven't really been following the Bills..
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

billings wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Colt > Prosinski. Better tackler, faster, harder hitter.. plus he's from Butte, America. :) It's in the water.
Most people don't think drinking heavy metals is good for you LOL
The metal and uranium probably isn't good for you to drink, but that's why Butte people are so weird sometimes.. but after sampling some pasties and Pork Chop John's this last weekend at the tailgates, I can say those are two things Butte definitely got right.. hopefully not dipped in the Berkeley Pit prior to deep frying.. :)
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote:I actually think Tashaun Gipson.
Tashaun's an interesting choice.. the bend but don't break pass D isn't helping them much though.

With DCs offense that's currently in place it wouldn't surprise me to see a WR or two end up as NFL prospects down the road.. maybe not this year or next, but at some point maybe we'll stumble on our own Jeremy Maclin.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

according to ESPN he has 9 tackles 6 of which were solo im guessing mostly special teams stuff...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

gopokes1399 wrote:No tuff Harris is from Colstrip
Koy Bierman- Hardin- Atlanta Falcons
Dan Carpenter- Helena?- Miami Dolphins
Lex Hilliard- Kalispell- Miami Dolphins
Tuff Harris- Colstrip- Tenn Titans
Colt Anderson- Butte America- Minn Vikings
Dwan Edwards- Columbus- Oregon State- Ravens
Very Impressive for the state of Montana... So i think so
Being all Wyoming...who in the sweet name of Jesus are these guys?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

MrTitleist wrote:
Tashaun's an interesting choice.. the bend but don't break pass D isn't helping them much though.

With DCs offense that's currently in place it wouldn't surprise me to see a WR or two end up as NFL prospects down the road.. maybe not this year or next, but at some point maybe we'll stumble on our own Jeremy Maclin.
If Leonard keeps grabbing passes all over, I wouldn't be all too surprised if he got a chance. Sure he doesn't have elite speed, but he holds on to the ball, which is very valuable. Just remember Malcom Floyd, he got a chance with Chargers because of his size and his hands... he wasn't the best receiver Wyoming had, but there were things that made him stand out. A receiver that catches everything that is thrown his way regardless of getting hit will probably have a chance, especially when he has good size like Leonard does as well.

So yeah, I think Leonard has a chance, especially since he has another season ahead to grab passes. I think what really makes him stand out is that his 42 receptions looks like a LOT compared to #2 Burkhalter's 16 receptions. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even be all that surprised if Chargers spent a late pick on him, or signed him to try-outs. They've looked a lot at MWC players as of late. Two large Pokes receivers on my favorite NFL team? I could dig that.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

What about Weston Johnson? The dude just seems to make plays.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Good call about Weston.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

evilpoke wrote:What about Weston Johnson? The dude just seems to make plays.
I think he might get a chance the way Mike Juergens did... does anybody know if he stuck on a PS or anything like that, by the way?
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
evilpoke wrote:What about Weston Johnson? The dude just seems to make plays.
I think he might get a chance the way Mike Juergens did... does anybody know if he stuck on a PS or anything like that, by the way?
He's 6-3, 233 - good NFL size - and he must have some pretty good speed/hands with the interceptions he's had so far - what? 3 so far?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

If Leonard keeps grabbing passes all over, I wouldn't be all too surprised if he got a chance. Sure he doesn't have elite speed, but he holds on to the ball, which is very valuable. Just remember Malcom Floyd, he got a chance with Chargers because of his size and his hands... he wasn't the best receiver Wyoming had, but there were things that made him stand out. A receiver that catches everything that is thrown his way regardless of getting hit will probably have a chance, especially when he has good size like Leonard does as well.

So yeah, I think Leonard has a chance, especially since he has another season ahead to grab passes. I think what really makes him stand out is that his 42 receptions looks like a LOT compared to #2 Burkhalter's 16 receptions. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even be all that surprised if Chargers spent a late pick on him, or signed him to try-outs. They've looked a lot at MWC players as of late. Two large Pokes receivers on my favorite NFL team? I could dig that.
David Leonard = Joe Jurevicius. Think about it, not a very big target, no break away speed, but he catches everything. Jurevicius is a journeyman, but he has proven season after season that he is reliable.