Laramie Fans Suck!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyocowboyj
Buckaroo

I was embarrassed by the turn out at the alumni game last night. The poor guys who gave up their time and much of their money to put this game on had maybe 500 fans in attendance and most of them where family. I live in Rock Springs and drive 6 hours round trip to each football and 90% of the basketball games but the residents of Laramie & Cheyenne obviously have to many more important things to do on a Saturday night than to support former athletes who are trying to give back to the University. Even though I had 3 hour drive to make I still stayed and watched and cheered at the alumni game because I support, appreciate and understand what the former players are trying to do. I would have loved to get on the road so I would be home before midnight but I understand how important it is to have these men involved int the program and wanted to support them. If you want to have a continuing success in a program it is important to get former players involved with the team and the University. Not only can they be examples of how to do things right and role models to current members but many former players are coaches and successful businessman that can either help in the recruiting across the country or provided internships or even perhaps post education employment. Reggie Slater is a leader among former Cowboy greats who wants to continue to give back to the program by keeping former players involved in the current team but with the turnout we had last night I will bet we don't see another game like this again.

With that being said I would like to know what was so damn important that at least 2,000 people couldn't come out and support a free game consisting of former Poke greats.

Again Laramie and even to some extent Cheyenne you are spoiled as fans and you suck!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

haha.. wow. That's not a good turnout at all. Did they hype the game in Laramie at all, or during the football game?
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

I understand your feelings and sentiments, Wyocowboy. What a shame. Reggie has worked hard at trying to make this a tradition and like you said the athletes give their time and money to make this happen. Reggie travels from SouthTexas for the game. He had high hopes for this year. Lets hope the administration noticed and got embarrassed. Hopefully, but don't hold your breath, things will get better. Thanks for going and showing your appreciation.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I think there was way to much going on. There is a big music festival happening that got lots more attention, and a volleyball game.

For myself I was at home sick and vomiting...
God is a Cowboy
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

I agree I live in Laramie and went to the game and was embarrassed to see the turnout. I would not be shocked if they don't do this event again and we will be the ones missing out. I think it could have been promoted better but I remember hearing at least three times at the football game that the event would take place and it was in the paper and on the UW athletics web site. No excuses as UW fans we sucked it up big time!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I think timing was off. We didn't see a huge crowd at the football game. It is labor day weekend, and the last chance to get out before the wind starts blowing and the snow starts falling.

3 day weekend and go watch Weber State + alumni team, or get outside and go camping/music festival/bbq/etc, and wait for the two day weekend and go to the texas game?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

wyobrandon wrote:I think timing was off. We didn't see a huge crowd at the football game. It is labor day weekend, and the last chance to get out before the wind starts blowing and the snow starts falling.

3 day weekend and go watch Weber State + alumni team, or get outside and go camping/music festival/bbq/etc, and wait for the two day weekend and go to the texas game?

Agree, the timing was poor for the event. Why didn't the massive 18K plus from the football game roll over to the AA? Lots of reasons...(Snowy Range Music Festival, UW Volleyball tournament final game, Labor Day weekend, loss of the buzz, etc., etc., etc.).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...