OT: Help the Patriots?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

So I had ESPN on tonight during the NFL schedule release show. They brought up a pair of weeks that New England plays in Denver (November 12) and in Mexico (November 19).

Adam Schefter mentioned that they may spend that week in between in Colorado or.....WYOMING. It would save them a flight back across the country, and it would give them more time at elevation between games in Denver (5,195 feet) and Mexico City (7,504 feet).

Your thoughts?
Last edited by joshvanklomp on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

$5 million per player to stay in Colorado, $1 million per player to stay in Wyoming.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm So I had ESPN on tonight during the NFL schedule release show. They brought up a pair of weeks that New England plays in Denver (November 12) and in New Mexico (November 19).
They play in Mexico City (vs. the Raiders), not in New Mexico!!!! There IS a difference.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm So I had ESPN on tonight during the NFL schedule release show. They brought up a pair of weeks that New England plays in Denver (November 12) and in New Mexico (November 19).

Adam Schefter mentioned that they may spend that week in between in Colorado or.....WYOMING. It would save them a flight back across the country, and it would give them more time at elevation between games in Denver (5,195 feet) and Mexico City (7,504 feet).

Your thoughts?
They want to come to Wyoming so Belichick can get a real good look at Tom's heir to the throne :winky:
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Gronk is going to love the Parlor
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

F them cheaters. Let them find place in Colorado, Wyo can live without them. Can't stand Brady or Belicheck. Half of that team disrespected the President by not attending the White House trip. To hell with them.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pretty sure it has to do with our facilities, if they are coming to Laramie. Anytime u can host a pro team, do it. It's money and the exposure.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am F them cheaters. Let them find place in Colorado, Wyo can live without them. Can't stand Brady or Belicheck. Half of that team disrespected the President by not attending the White House trip. To hell with them.
HA...they cheat no more or less than any other team. In fact, if you're a Bronco fan (don't know if you are or not), then you should hold your tongue because the Broncos cheat more than the Patriots do.

And who cares if they didn't go to the White House; disrespect the President??? GTFO...last time I checked they have a choice...I wouldn't have gone either.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 am
They play in Mexico City (vs. the Raiders), not in New Mexico!!!! There IS a difference.
Thank you, I'm aware. Brain wasn't fully functioning after midnight last night, I guess....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am F them cheaters. Let them find place in Colorado, Wyo can live without them. Can't stand Brady or Belicheck. Half of that team disrespected the President by not attending the White House trip. To hell with them.
I thought a football team was more than 12 guys...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There's money/notoriety to be gained off this idea.

Mexico City's altitude is 7300 feet.

That only helps New England one time. For the U.S. national soccer team, it helps every time we have to face Mexico in Azteca, which is ongoing.

The athletics department should pitch the HAPC to the national soccer team as a training grounds for the week leading up to the game in Azteca. I already have and I'll continue to do so.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am
HA...they cheat no more or less than any other team. In fact, if you're a Bronco fan (don't know if you are or not), then you should hold your tongue because the Broncos cheat more than the Patriots do.

And who cares if they didn't go to the White House; disrespect the President??? GTFO...last time I checked they have a choice...I wouldn't have gone either.
Didn't say they had no choice. It is disrespectful no matter who is in office. They have been proven to be cheaters. So GTFO.....
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Didn't say they had no choice. It is disrespectful no matter who is in office. They have been proven to be cheaters. So GTFO.....
Rumor has it that Brady's wife (who IMO is not hot-looking) told him not to go so, he stayed home.

Other players just didn't like Trump so....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Actually, if we are referring to Deflate-gate, several physicists have proven that they DIDN'T take air out of the footballs. But besides that, it's not that big of a deal, it's no worse than every other team does. And isn't as bad as anyone that has taken performance enhancers, so I guess every team is full of cheaters.

Really confused how exercising one's right to peacefully protest is disrespectful...especially when it is towards one of the most disrespectful individuals alive.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Actually, if we are referring to Deflate-gate, several physicists have proven that they DIDN'T take air out of the footballs. But besides that, it's not that big of a deal, it's no worse than every other team does. And isn't as bad as anyone that has taken performance enhancers, so I guess every team is full of cheaters.

Really confused how exercising one's right to peacefully protest is disrespectful...especially when it is towards one of the most disrespectful individuals alive.
Funny, weird how only the Patriots have been accused of cheating in a myriad of ways. Wonder why Brady destroyed his cell phone if physicists had provided proof. Just weird I say.

It is the President of the United States that invites them to the White House. I don't care what you say, it is disrespectful to turn that down and call it a peaceful protest. How did Kapernick's peaceful protest turn out for him? Hmmm. And Brady is a pussy for caving into Gisele's demands that he not attend.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm And Brady is a pussy for caving into Gisele's demands that he not attend.
I DO agree with this. A. She must really hate Trump and B. she should've allowed Tom boy to decide for himself whether to go or not. Something tells she gave the ole "if you go, you aint getting any (the deed) for a long while afterwards" argument that guys everywhere hate hearing.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Funny, weird how only the Patriots have been accused of cheating in a myriad of ways. Wonder why Brady destroyed his cell phone if physicists had provided proof. Just weird I say.

It is the President of the United States that invites them to the White House. I don't care what you say, it is disrespectful to turn that down and call it a peaceful protest. How did Kapernick's peaceful protest turn out for him? Hmmm. And Brady is a pussy for caving into Gisele's demands that he not attend.
Many teams have had many incidents of cheating. Case in point, check out this website:
Every NFL Team Cheats

Again, it's an invitation, not a decree, I don't see how anyone deciding they don't want to go is disrespectful, regardless of who the President is. I won't even get into Kapernick's protest, personally, I had no problem with what he did. As for Brady-Gisele...remember, she's the bread winner in that family haha.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If we can get the Patriots (or any NFL team) for a week, what a coup! This would be a testament to our facilities and would open some eyes.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

I am not a Patriots fan, but they are an NFL team and an NFL team with a national following. Either way, the Patriots will be fine in either Wyo or Colorado. This isn't about helping the Pats, it is about helping the University and our athletic department. I don't care if some didn't show up to the White House (personally think the idea of inviting a pro sports team to the White House silly). We aren't making a deal with the devil here, it would give our athletic department attention and like Oredigger said hopefully open some eyes.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Rumor has it that Brady's wife (who IMO is not hot-looking) told him not to go so, he stayed home.

Other players just didn't like Trump so....
Brady didn't go when Obama was in the White House either.......
ImageImageImageImage