it's gonna be a good post season for HS ball

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Hate South's colors and mascot. They copied the CU Buffs.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:Red, white and blue?? You're the 3rd school in a town and you should make your colors the same colors as the other 2 schools in the town...that makes zero sense.
A red white and blue scheme wouldn't remind anybody of east or central. East is obviously a different blue and red/white/blue state flag type colors wouldn't be too much like central red black/white look.

I love gold. (Hate CU buffs) just don't think central picked the right colors. In a Capitol city when you have a chance of paying homage to the state and the flag and you try to copy a university down south and a 3A school you picked the wrong thing
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

It has nothing to do with CU or Buffalo. The Bison is on the city flag of Cheyenne, hence the mascot. The colors were voted on. And believe me, if you ask anyone in that school 5 years ago if they should be red/white/blue, they would have said the same thing as I do, they want to be as separate from Central and East as possible.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:It has nothing to do with CU or Buffalo. The Bison is on the city flag of Cheyenne, hence the mascot. The colors were voted on. And believe me, if you ask anyone in that school 5 years ago if they should be red/white/blue, they would have said the same thing as I do, they want to be as separate from Central and East as possible.
As important as the city of Cheyenne flag is I have to completely disagree with you and wonder where your lines came from. Nobody would confuse east or central with a red white and blue scheme. But they would wonder about the city of Cheyenne flag. Them colors don't run
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cheyenne has a city flag?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:It has nothing to do with CU or Buffalo. The Bison is on the city flag of Cheyenne, hence the mascot. The colors were voted on. And believe me, if you ask anyone in that school 5 years ago if they should be red/white/blue, they would have said the same thing as I do, they want to be as separate from Central and East as possible.
As important as the city of Cheyenne flag is I have to completely disagree with you and wonder where your lines came from. Nobody would confuse east or central with a red white and blue scheme. But they would wonder about the city of Cheyenne flag. Them colors don't run
My experience comes from personally working at Cheyenne South for 3 years and knowing the Athletic Director and Head Principal fairly well and how standing out from the shadows of East and Central was a BIG part of what they were trying to do.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

For those who are fussing about Cheyenne South picking Gold to contrast with the Red/Black and Blue/Black combos of Central and East while also picking something that follows the theme of the other Capitol City mascots without being politically incorrect just because a mid-sized town in another part of the state has the same quintessentially-Wyoming mascot, what about all of the Orange/Black combinations that use a "Bronc" or other horse mascot around the state?

In the Big Horn Basin alone, there are like 4 Orange/Black schools. Burns and Jackson have identical combinations and Natrona's only difference is being a "Mustang" instead of being a "Bronc." This isn't the NFL where no one else is allowed to use common combinations that are easy to order equipment for and where one two can call dibbs on something like a Bison. For what it is worth, there are other communities that have Buffalos as a mascot and more than one of them use Blue for the school color.