it's gonna be a good post season for HS ball

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

in both 4 and 3A's, can't wait, as i'm starting to get the madness!!!!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I'm not in the area anymore but how is 3a looking? How is Worland doing? Who is the favorite for 4a?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Worland is the fave, really good this year, but Buffalo and Douglas and Star Valley are gonna be factors as well
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Thanks. Wish i could watch it. I'm not sure when/if Worland has won the state title before. If they have its been a long time. How about 4a?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

In 4A, Cheyenne Central looks to be the big favorite as they have beat everyone and only lost 1 in-state game to Gillette (they later beat Gillette by 16).

Gillette is the other favorite with slight dark horses in Cheyenne South and Cheyenne East.

The capital city has some good bball teams this year.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

i will have to follow off of trib if i have anymore views left this month. Is there any d1 talent in wyoming hoops this year? Who are the top kids in 4a and 3a?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

www.wyopreps.com is a good website to see all that info
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Mtpoke89 wrote:i will have to follow off of trib if i have anymore views left this month. Is there any d1 talent in wyoming hoops this year? Who are the top kids in 4a and 3a?
Thompson might be the only D1 talent this year
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

thanks for that website that was cool to read. 4a east does seem loaded. That kid from worland Hoyt Nicholas has some pretty impressive stat lines but i know its against 3a schools. He could be the next Jason Mcmanamen. Granted I've never seen him play other than looked him up and saw a tape of him. State should be a good one. If i remember correctly isn't it at casper college and the event center?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Mtpoke89 wrote:thanks for that website that was cool to read. 4a east does seem loaded. That kid from worland Hoyt Nicholas has some pretty impressive stat lines but i know its against 3a schools. He could be the next Jason Mcmanamen. Granted I've never seen him play other than looked him up and saw a tape of him. State should be a good one. If i remember correctly isn't it at casper college and the event center?
Yes, and I believe there's some consolation games at Kelly Walsh too. There is for 1A/2A at least.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Good job Pine Bluffs, and it was good to see Larry Shyatt up at Casper to watch him play, Go South, my other Bison of Buffalo didn't do so hot
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Pretty proud Pine Bluffs alum today. Both boys and girls are state champs!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

That's awesome. I hope Worland can do that in 3A. Warrior alum 07. They seem to have some good teams this year.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

[quote="stymeman"]Worland is the fave, really good this year, but Buffalo and Douglas and Star Valley are gonna be factors as well[/quote
Two of these four didn't even make it to state. Lander won the west while Cody got second, Lovell third and Jackson 4th. I may be partial but Lander is playing well. My sons Jayson and Kobey Simpson played well. Jay averaged 26 points a game and Kobey averaged 23 points a game in the tournament. I think the power in 3A lies in the east with Worland at the top of the heap. State should be interesting. Buffalo, with the Schroffel kid didn't make it out of regionals either.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Can't believe Lovell is 3A. The schools they play against are 3x bigger. Go, Bulldogs.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

The East showed the stronger in the classes this year
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:Good job Pine Bluffs, and it was good to see Larry Shyatt up at Casper to watch him play, Go South, my other Bison of Buffalo didn't do so hot
Buffalo will never be the "other bison". Doesn't matter if "south" ever gets good or not. I remember hearing the explanation of how the state recommends least common name and color combinations and south picks the same exact colors that another team with the same exact name has.

Cheyenne south absolutely knocked it out of the park with the "buffalo" / bison logo. Then they completely drop the ball on the best logo/color combo in Wyoming possible by not going with the state flag colors of red white and blue
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Thats pretty badass good job Warriors.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Regardless we know who the "real" Bison are and always have been lol......that truly was a fun game to witness last saturday, Cheyenne bball is in truly good shape!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Red, white and blue?? You're the 3rd school in a town and you should make your colors the same colors as the other 2 schools in the town...that makes zero sense.