Deti Stadium

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Like Okie Blanchard Stadium before it, Deti Stadium in Laramie is about to enter it's final season. I know many of the younger people on here never experienced LHS football in its "prime" but like all dominant programs, it was really something (and lasted a very long time). As a former Plainsman that never experienced defeat in 3 years on that field, it holds many special memories for me and many others. There is an open Facebook page facebook.com/detistadium dedicated to the stadium. It's an open site (don't have to have a Facebook account) with some fun stuff. That's progress I guess but it's hard seeing an old friend go.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I just "liked" it while on Facebook.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Deti Stadium holds some of my fondest memories, too, American Horse. My teams didn't experience the amount of success as yours, but I did play for the last 'non-losing' Plainsmen team :lol: and took the state champs Central to overtime once, and suffered a playoff loss by less than 7 pts. can't remember the score. It will be tough to see it go, but hopefully Laramie can bring its program back to respectability in its new home.

Isn't there a night where former players can go down on the field during halftime, or something?
American Horse
Ranch Hand

@LanderPoke There is going to be a night honoring former players, cheerleaders etc. but not sure when that is. I know I have some former teammates that are going to go. I think on that Facebook page, if you scroll down, it talks about it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

might hafta go to the last game to experience the aura of it all
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Apparently there is talk of naming the new stadium Deti Stadium. Not sure how serious it is, but it is there at least.