Justin James

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

With Chandler Hutchinson going in the first round, what will it take for JJ to follow suit and be drafted next year? I think JJ needs to really work on his 3 point shot and his handle some, but at 6’7’’, he is very similar to Hutch.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

He need to get physical. He needs to bang the opponents around. He needs to show them he's the boss and can't be intimidated.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Nah, he just needs to increase his shooting percentage. The game is about offense. If he can become dominate at scoring, especially when a bucket is needed, he will get drafted.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

He needs to not shoot 22% from 3 or whatever it was. He's too skinny, I'm afraid. Unless he's put on a ton of weight I'm afraid the NBA might be out of the question. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Many great, great, great players don't play in the NBA
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Quite a bit.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

He needs to put on about 10 pounds of muscle, increase his 3 point shooting percentage, and show he can defend the perimeter consistently. I think it's doable. He has a great combination of quickness and length that will be desirable at the next level if he can bring it all together.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Not a knock on James because he is a really good player. But he isn’t a first round NBA talent IMO. With a good year and with a better 3pt% (as was mentioned), he might get drafted in the 2nd round and that would be a heck of an accomplishment.

Ask yourself this question - who was a better player Josh Adams or Justin James? Where was Josh Adams drafted? (Yes I realize James has more height)
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:51 am Not a knock on James because he is a really good player. But he isn’t a first round NBA talent IMO. With a good year and with a better 3pt% (as was mentioned), he might get drafted in the 2nd round and that would be a heck of an accomplishment.

Ask yourself this question - who was a better player Josh Adams or Justin James? Where was Josh Adams drafted? (Yes I realize James has more height)
If Josh Adams was 6'7, he would be an NBA all-star right now.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

looking forward to a huge Josh Adams type senior year, get em JJ