Did u guys read about Sydney thorvaldson from rawlins

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Cross country phenom that is only a freshman in high school. There are some utube videos. Chick can run. Her cc coach was my highschool math teacher
wyoair
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm Cross country phenom that is only a freshman in high school. There are some utube videos. Chick can run. Her cc coach was my highschool math teacher
Awesome! Hopefully a future cowgirl. Also Mrs. Steinberg is still coaching???
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Saw that some kid from a 1a school ran 1:51 in the 800. That's super fast
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

carbonpoke wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm Cross country phenom that is only a freshman in high school. There are some utube videos. Chick can run. Her cc coach was my highschool math teacher

I met her and her parents at the Casper marathon a few years ago. She's very talented. I didn't post about it because there isn't much interest in olympic sports on this site. But her 9th place finish in CC nationals as a freshman was pretty amazing. If she continues on her current trajectory, she will be a top recruit to any D1 school in the country.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Being a guy that hated running, then joining the army, which lead to me becoming a runner... My best time was a 1136 two mile. Nothing ground breaking, but it was huge for me, being a football player that weighed 230. I trimmed down to 168 at 6'2. I had a good stride.

Watching Sydney run, her frame and stride, plus offset funny foot remind me of a great American runner named... Steve. Prefontaine. He was a hero of mine after watching the movie about his likelyness.

Running from the front, always pushing never taking a break. Very few runners in history have this mentality.

Im just a softy for Wyoming athletes, but I'll be watching from here out for Sydney. She has my attention.

https://youtu.be/0xesXzetlrE

https://youtu.be/MMPBORnELbc
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

I will be interested to see what she does at bolder boulder. I just hope she doesn't do too much and get injured. I liked the approach for Emma Coburn (world steeplechase champ.). She grew up in Crested Butte and ran 15-20 miles a week. Then she really improved in college. I think it's hard on a young person to run a lot of miles. I'm glad she's running the gamut of distances on the track. Sydney would be the #1 or 2 runner on the Wyoming CC team right now. I will be rooting for her. Big talent.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm
I met her and her parents at the Casper marathon a few years ago. She's very talented. I didn't post about it because there isn't much interest in olympic sports on this site. But her 9th place finish in CC nationals as a freshman was pretty amazing. If she continues on her current trajectory, she will be a top recruit to any D1 school in the country.
If she opts to attend school somewhere other than Wyoming, will half the members of this board talk poop on her?